News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Highways Still Not Covered by AARoads.com

Started by Henry, January 17, 2023, 10:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

I see that all 50 states and DC are now included, but there's a great deal of highways that have yet to be covered. For example, in MN, the only Interstate with any coverage is I-90, with eastbound being complete and westbound a work in progress. None of the Twin Cities freeways are featured, and it might be a while before we see them.

What other highways have you noticed that are missing from the AARoads.com state guides?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Max Rockatansky

Quite a few Letter County Routes in California.  Then again I was surprised they present at all when I looked years ago.

jp the roadgeek

For CT: I-395 and I-691, along with CT 8 and CT 9. CT 72 and CT 20 might be too short.  No US routes are covered, though US 7 is the only one with a significant standalone limited access portion.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Scott5114

Send Alex a few hundred bucks to take a road trip with and I'm sure he'll get to it. ;)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

Some roads have been covered but were never posted to the site. Since MSP was specifically cited by the OP as a gap in coverage, I'll share that I previously joined Alex and Brent for a couple days when they toured the Twin Cities and Duluth in 2017 (also with another site contributor). I can't comment on why the photos taken weren't posted on the site and do not know, but that's not my business either.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Alex

The lack of coverage of various areas across the county, like the Twin Cities, is simply because AARoads went from six active members/site contributors back at the start of this forum to just me (and occasionally Brent when he has time). So the bulk of the recent updates have been added by me.

Quote from: Henry on January 17, 2023, 10:15:26 AM
I see that all 50 states and DC are now included, but there's a great deal of highways that have yet to be covered. For example, in MN, the only Interstate with any coverage is I-90, with eastbound being complete and westbound a work in progress. None of the Twin Cities freeways are featured, and it might be a while before we see them.

Actually we don't have any pages covering Alaska. Maybe later this year we'll finally add one  :hmmm:

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 17, 2023, 10:25:39 AM
Quite a few Letter County Routes in California.  Then again I was surprised they present at all when I looked years ago.

That's Andy's handiwork.

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on January 17, 2023, 11:09:49 AM
For CT: I-395 and I-691, along with CT 8 and CT 9. CT 72 and CT 20 might be too short.  No US routes are covered, though US 7 is the only one with a significant standalone limited access portion.

John Boren wrote some of the pages there and in Oregon back in 2008/09. I have a fair amount of photos from 2021 and 2022 covering Connecticut, but also from just about every other state too...

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 17, 2023, 03:12:16 PM
Send Alex a few hundred bucks to take a road trip with and I'm sure he'll get to it. ;)

heh, even then the photos will likely remain in the queue for a long time. I have only posted a few hundred photos from the week long trip to Omaha last year and also from the trip to NH for Jake's wedding in 2021.

LilianaUwU

I could always get y'all some eastern Canada coverage.  :nod:
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Quillz

I would like to see some Alaska coverage. I can provide some Dalton Highway photos (Arctic Circle sign, some pipeline photos). I've got some Valdez photos (at the south end of Richardson Highway), etc. Granted I guess the articles aren't going to be terribly exciting, and most will consist of "there's not much to be seen for the next few hundred miles."

JoePCool14

Chicagoland is severely lacking in coverage, and a lot of what is there is almost a decade or more out of date. There's also no coverage for Milwaukee.

I would be interested in personally helping to expand and update coverage for these areas.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

TBKS1

I don't think Arkansas has very many highways, I could help out with that if needed.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

Scott5114

Quote from: TBKS1 on January 20, 2023, 07:25:00 PM
I don't think Arkansas has very many highways, I could help out with that if needed.

They don't, they just have the same highway very many times.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TBKS1

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 20, 2023, 09:29:41 PM
Quote from: TBKS1 on January 20, 2023, 07:25:00 PM

They don't, they just have the same highway very many times.

You're not wrong lol
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

Henry

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 20, 2023, 04:59:55 PM
Chicagoland is severely lacking in coverage, and a lot of what is there is almost a decade or more out of date. There's also no coverage for Milwaukee.

I would be interested in personally helping to expand and update coverage for these areas.
I look forward to the updated Chicagoland information, especially now that the newly-redone Jane Byrne Interchange is open. Expansion of Detroit coverage (and MI as a whole) would also be nice, considering that nothing outside I-96 or I-696 has been done.

And Alex is right, AK is the only state that has never been covered.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Alex

Appreciate all the feedback! I am always open to contributions, photos and otherwise, to help expand or improve the web site. However, it is primarily just me that actually adds the content, and unfortunately there is simply too much in the queue for me to get to everywhere without it taking me years to do. What I need is someone willing to help me add that new content to the site.

You could send me 50 photos of say U.S. 10 in Michigan. I would have to create a new page for U.S. 10 in Michigan and come up with a general page write-up based upon my limited experience with the route, plus at least a few captions so that the page can get indexed by Google. If said 50 photos included an intro for new page, and maybe a few photo captions that would be very helpful in expediting me posting it all.

I do end up feeling bad when I get hundreds of photos sent by a contributor and either never get around to posting them, or taking a year or two to get them added to the site. This has happened with content contributed by tdindy88 and peterj920.

As for Alaska, I'm planning on finally going there this year. I could set up the framework for the state on the site, but based upon what I have, the only content would be basic write-ups for the numbered routes from someone who hasn't been there yet and maybe a map scan or two from my collection.

74/171FAN

I remember writing captions for my now very outdated I-64 photos that were on the site years ago.  That is a thought as well.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Bickendan

I might be able to get some photos of a few Indian highways next month.

interstatefan990

NY-96, just because it's over 126 miles long.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

andrepoiy

Quote from: LilianaUwU on January 20, 2023, 04:40:15 PM
I could always get y'all some eastern Canada coverage.  :nod:
]

Likewise, I could help out a little as well

Bickendan

I have photos for the Yamuna Expressway and the Agra portion of UP 62.

bing101

Roadgeekteen

Question: is the interstate guide website the same or different from AARoads? Because the Twin Cities 3dis are on interstate guide, so wondering if that is AAroads or not.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alex

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 02, 2023, 11:10:43 AM
Question: is the interstate guide website the same or different from AARoads? Because the Twin Cities 3dis are on interstate guide, so wondering if that is AAroads or not.

I run both of the sites, but Interstate-guide is a bit different because originally it mainly focused on covering the end points like Dale's usends.com. Then I started adding traffic counts and expanding the write ups to include more history and project info.

I wouldn't mind providing some coverage of SR 76 in Arizona. I'll be checking out that anomaly of a highway in a few weeks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.