News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

24/7 OTA cartoon channel called "MeTV Toons" to launch on 6/25/2024

Started by Route66Fan, June 05, 2024, 03:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route66Fan

On June 25, 2024, Weigel Broadcasting (Owners of MeTV.) will launch a new 24/7 cartoon channel called "MeTV Toons".

The new channel will be airing both theatrical & TV cartoons from the 1930's to early 2000's & possibly even some silent cartoons from the 1920's as well!

It will also have a free FAST livestream channel, that will have the same kind of programming, but with an alternate schedule that will launch later this year.

The channel will have licensing aggrements & partnerships with Warner Bros. Discovery, & some other major studios (Except for Disney.)

This is MeTV Toons - Network Preview

Antenna Man interview with Weigel Vice Chairman Neal Sabin.

MeTV Toons official website.

MeTV Toons Schedule (In PDF format.).

MeTV Toons Channel, Featuring Bugs Bunny and Other Warner Bros. Discovery Content, to Launch in June.

RabbitEars.info - Stations for Network - Me-TV Toons

hotdogPi

Since when does the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority have a TV channel?
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 1A, 13, 44, 50, 302
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
ME 22, 25, 26, 77, 100
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 36

vdeane

Quote from: hotdogPi on June 05, 2024, 05:28:39 AMSince when does the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority have a TV channel?
Since 6/25/2024, obviously.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

In_Correct

I am delighted that Oklahoma Turnpike Authority wants to add MeTVToons to its lineup. Doing so would fill the void left by Qubo.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

triplemultiplex

Gonna be on channel 27.3 for Madison.  They've already switch the channel over to 24/7 previews.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Big John

A new station in Green Bay is now on the air carrying Channel 31 with MeTV as it's content.

mgk920

Quote from: Big John on June 20, 2024, 05:59:50 PMA new station in Green Bay is now on the air carrying Channel 31 with MeTV as it's content.

More solid reasons to not sign up for a hard wired TV feed service!  IMHO, today's younger crowd will love these older shows.
Mike

LilianaUwU

why the hell is the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority creating a cartoon channel
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: LilianaUwU on June 20, 2024, 11:38:50 PMwhy the hell is the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority creating a cartoon channel

Because things like this are comedy gold.

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

vdeane

Quote from: LilianaUwU on June 20, 2024, 11:38:50 PMwhy the hell is the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority creating a cartoon channel
The same reason Sheetz serves food prepared by Ontaro's Ministry of Transportation.

(for reference: Sheetz loves to advertise their "MTO food", as in made to order from their kiosks)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Route66Fan

Route66Fan

Good news!!! MeTV Toons appears to not be cropping the image on the cartoons that they are showing like what the regular MeTV channel does!!!

Notice that the MeTV Toons channel has thicker black bars on the sides than the main MeTV channel.

These screenshots were taken from the frndly TV feeds of MeTV Toons & MeTV.

mgk920

Did the original cartoons that were shown in movie theaters have a different aspect ratio than NTSC TV standards?  That might account for those differences.  (BTW, I'd love to see movie theaters show some cartoons and possibly even some modern newsreels as part of their regular performances.)

Mike

Henry

Quote from: vdeane on June 21, 2024, 12:59:18 PM
The same reason Sheetz serves food prepared by Ontaro's Ministry of Transportation.

(for reference: Sheetz loves to advertise their "MTO food", as in made to order from their kiosks)
And OTA is actually "Over The Air", but I got a good laugh out of the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority reference, as OK's signs are the most fucked-up out there, and thus deserving of all the ridicule they get (especially from everybody in the roadgeek world).
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

triplemultiplex

The aspect ratio thing is a huge sticking point for me.  I can't stand it when broadcasts crop 4:3 pictures to fill a 16:9 screen. You're losing a huge amount of every shot when you do that.  Like you're watching some crappy bootleg.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

LilianaUwU

Quote from: triplemultiplex on June 27, 2024, 12:12:00 PMThe aspect ratio thing is a huge sticking point for me.  I can't stand it when broadcasts crop 4:3 pictures to fill a 16:9 screen. You're losing a huge amount of every shot when you do that.  Like you're watching some crappy bootleg.

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Molandfreak

This sounds a lot like the original ambition behind Cartoon Network (and then Boomerang) until they started making more original content. It's nice to see some renewed interest in older cartoons.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

In_Correct

Quote... the original ambition behind Cartoon Network ...

The result in the 1990s was taking numerous short episodes from Yogi's Gang and Laff - A - Lympics and Flintstone Comedy Hour characters and lumping them together in various " new " shows that omitted all the credits.

It was so very bad, that " Super Adventures " included pulls from both Space Stars and Saturday Supercade. Super Adventures featured rebroadcasts of Astro & The Space Mutts and Space Ace, which caused confusion for me be cause Astro & The Space Mutts also has a character named Space Ace ?!

No need to go through all that trouble; simply rebroadcast them as they are originally.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

mgk920

Quote from: In_Correct on June 29, 2024, 01:44:52 AM
Quote... the original ambition behind Cartoon Network ...

The result in the 1990s was taking numerous short episodes from Yogi's Gang and Laff - A - Lympics and Flintstone Comedy Hour characters and lumping them together in various " new " shows that omitted all the credits.

It was so very bad, that " Super Adventures " included pulls from both Space Stars and Saturday Supercade. Super Adventures featured rebroadcasts of Astro & The Space Mutts and Space Ace, which caused confusion for me be cause Astro & The Space Mutts also has a character named Space Ace ?!

No need to go through all that trouble; simply rebroadcast them as they are originally.

And DON'T 'sanitize' them!  Broadcast the *original* versions!

Mike

Road Hog

Toons is on 55.3 in DFW. But surprised by the number of "grown-up" commercials in just the few minutes I clicked on. Liver supplements and the like. Nostalgia appears to be their aim, not necessarily kids.

Right now they're showing a really OLD Popeye toon in B&W. Replete with Bluto whipping a horse and denying it water.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.