Regional Boards > Mid-South

Most Efficient Freeway System (Texas)

(1/4) > >>

V'Ger:
Which city in Texas do you believe has the best freeway system for it's size?

Personally I think the freeways in Fort Worth are the easiest to navigate.

un1:
When I went to Texas last year in February, what amazed me the most was the freeway system. (We are going on another trip there in a few days) But they are also difficult to navigate through, I really wish that there was a system like that in my town, we don't even have a freeway. But I have to say Dallas.

-un1

Anthony_JK:
I'd agree with Dallas right now...but, if Houston ever: (1)  completes the northeast quadrant of the Sam Houston Tollway; (2) completes the Grand Parkway/SH 99, and (3) extends the Hardy Toll Road south to downtown and completes the Katy Freeway upgrade and Crosby Freeway (US 90) extensions, I may have to put H-Town over Dallas.

San Antonio is a close third behind Dallas and H-Town...love those double deckers.

Anthony

Alex:
While Dallas has an extensive freeway system, many of them are consistently congested. I'll say San Antonio, with improvements on Interstate 410 at the airport and I-10 northwest of town that might help one of the areas most congested freeways. The tolling of U.S. 281 may still happen as the next idea to handle that freeway's problems.

I have pages for both freeways in the works with material Justin sent me over the past few months.

Stephane Dumas:
I know then Austin is less "pro-freeway" then the other metro areas but with various projects like TX-130, TX-183A (or is it US-183A?), TX-45, Loop 1 northern extension, I-35/TX-71 stack interchange they seem to get on the train instead of just watching the train passing.

What about the freeway network of smaller cities like El Paso, Corpus Christi?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version