Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-57 Approved

<< < (181/184) > >>

MikieTimT:

--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on November 30, 2022, 11:07:09 AM ---I have a nasty feeling in my Big Boy Gut is that we will still be talking about this at the end of this decade. This should have been started early in the previous decade. This Stalemate on this and IH 49 is FUBAR

--- End quote ---

You're probably right, although Arkansas is starting to put real money into the gap on I-57 now according to the latest Draft STIP, so I don't think it'll be very deep into the 2030's to completion.  I-57 will be completed long before I-49 gets a Super-2 between Ft. Smith and Texarkana, much less a completed interstate.  I'd be shocked if we see I-49 completed between Alma and Barling before I-57 is complete since there's no navigable rivers to contend with in NEA.

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on November 30, 2022, 11:07:09 AM ---I have a nasty feeling in my Big Boy Gut is that we will still be talking about this at the end of this decade. This should have been started early in the previous decade. This Stalemate on this and IH 49 is FUBAR

--- End quote ---
And the longer they wait on getting these projects done, the more money they will cost. Infrastructure costs are not like wine...they don't get better with age.

Road Hog:
Drove through Jacksonville yesterday and not one spade of dirt has been turned yet. Maybe it's been done already but I couldn't tell if any ROW work or utility relocation has been done yet either. Those shields will have to stay in storage a while longer.

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: Road Hog on January 19, 2023, 10:49:07 AM ---Drove through Jacksonville yesterday and not one spade of dirt has been turned yet. Maybe it's been done already but I couldn't tell if any ROW work or utility relocation has been done yet either. Those shields will have to stay in storage a while longer.

--- End quote ---
They might be waiting until spring to break ground, even though Arkansas' winters are relatively mild compared to states further north, they still do get snow and freezing temperatures from time to time.

edwaleni:
Public comment on the preferred ROW will be closing on January 24, 2023.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version