Regional Boards > Northeast

PA Turnpike News

<< < (569/577) > >>

Roadsguy:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on November 23, 2022, 10:37:46 AM ---So there was a fancy toll gantry constructed across the Northeast Extension at around mp 123.4 (perfect numbering).  Per roadwaywiz's drive in July, there were automated cameras on the southbound side but during my drive yestersay, nothing's on it. It's hard to search here about any information about it; what's the haps on this thing?

--- End quote ---

Judging by the sign, presumably they're testing implementation of open-road tolling for when they remove the toll plazas.

MASTERNC:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on November 23, 2022, 10:37:46 AM ---So there was a fancy toll gantry constructed across the Northeast Extension at around mp 123.4 (perfect numbering).  Per roadwaywiz's drive in July, there were automated cameras on the southbound side but during my drive yestersay, nothing's on it. It's hard to search here about any information about it; what's the haps on this thing?

--- End quote ---

I noticed the cameras were gone recently as well. Maybe they finished testing?

wilbur_the_goose:
FYI - You can see the latest PA Audit report here:  https://www.paauditor.gov/audit-report/item/107576

MASTERNC:
Drove through the construction west of Somerset this week.  It looked like some of the new alignments were awaiting final paving, and there was paving on the eastbound side of the roadway.  However, I didn't see much done on the westbound side, which would make it difficult to switch to reconstructing the inner roadway.

74/171FAN:
(For US 422)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Utility Work Planned at Night This Week on U.S. 422 in Tredyffrin, Upper Merion Townships

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version