What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: jakeroot on May 09, 2018, 10:55:39 PM
Low 60s is fine if you're used to really cold temperatures, but I'm not.
Well, Rochester just now is getting temps above 60 for the first time since mid-November, so I'll let you be the judge of my standings.

QuoteLow 60s could also be fine if you're 100 pounds overweight :-D
Ouch. I'm overweight, but not by that much, considering I'm also 6'2'.  :paranoid:

jakeroot

Quote from: webny99 on May 10, 2018, 10:20:53 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 09, 2018, 10:55:39 PM
Low 60s could also be fine if you're 100 pounds overweight :-D

Ouch. I'm overweight, but not by that much, considering I'm also 6'2'.  :paranoid:

Lol I wasn't trying to imply that you might be overweight. Just that those who are comfortable in cold temperatures are either used to it, or have a few extra jackets on... ;-)

adventurernumber1

For me, upper 60's or lower 70's is the perfect temperature. This, with not too much humidity, and a little breeze, is just what a man needs.  ;-)
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

TBKS1

75F (or 24C). About half and half with the clouds.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

Hurricane Rex

In Sherwood: 91 yesterday, 68 today, apparently large and unusual temperature swings is a theme for this year. No rain next 7 days if forcast is true and 8 days if models are true (rain on day 9)

LG-TP260

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Hurricane Rex

87 again in Sherwood today, 2nd warmest May so far, and driest as well (.08 inches). Not certain about the driest part though. Cool down coming soon for us.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Eth

Cloudy and 75 at the lunch hour. We got some rain earlier this morning; today is the second of what is projected to be at least 11 consecutive rainy days (maybe more, but that's as far as the forecast goes). The holiday weekend is expected to be a complete washout featuring several inches of rain.

jakeroot

Quote from: Eth on May 23, 2018, 12:54:44 PM
Cloudy and 75 at the lunch hour. We got some rain earlier this morning; today is the second of what is projected to be at least 11 consecutive rainy days (maybe more, but that's as far as the forecast goes). The holiday weekend is expected to be a complete washout featuring several inches of rain.

Sounds like a Washington (state) winter!

Beautiful and sunny today. Highs in the low 80s. Forecast has zero rain in it, but most days partly cloudy and mid 70s. Such a welcome change from winter.

kkt

Quote from: jakeroot on May 23, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

Beautiful and sunny today. Highs in the low 80s. Forecast has zero rain in it, but most days partly cloudy and mid 70s. Such a welcome change from winter.

Though in Washington it wouldn't be 75 after September and before April.

ET21

First 90 of 2018 might come Saturday for Chicago
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on May 23, 2018, 06:44:46 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 23, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

Though in Washington it wouldn't be 75 after September and before April.

True. Probably should have edited that bit out.  :D

Hurricane Rex

"Coolest day" this week was 72, every day has been above average for the last 2 weeks. Frenchglen got twice as much rain in just yesterday as we've gotten in the last 6 weeks. Frenchglen is in a desert.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Eth

The holiday weekend is not, in fact, a complete washout. I don't think it rained at all yesterday, and so far it hasn't rained today (82 degrees now after a high of 85), though we could see a little something later this evening. Most of tomorrow looks dry as well, with the rain arriving in earnest tomorrow night and likely continuing through midweek, depending on exactly where Alberto goes.

hotdogPi

Just recovered from a power outage caused by a storm.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

MNHighwayMan

Yesterday, I was up in the Twin Cities (Mendota Heights, more or less–my current avatar the destination), out in the field taking road pictures, and I think it peaked at about 95 sometime around 2 PM. Almost nary a cloud in the sky. I went through at least half a dozen bottles of Gatorade staying hydrated in the process. Sunscreen and taking breaks in my car, running my car's AC full blast, also greatly helped accomplish my goals.

Today, I'm back in Des Moines, and right now it's 97 and sunny. I'm not sure the AC in my bedroom window has stopped running since 9 AM.

Eth

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on May 27, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
Today, I'm back in Des Moines, and right now it's 97 and sunny. I'm not sure the AC in my bedroom window has stopped running since 9 AM.

I'm glad I'm not in Des Moines, then, because my AC did stop running yesterday and is in need of repair. Fortunately, today turned out to be a mostly cloudy but dry day; it's 82 degrees outside and 79 inside (I've had the balcony door open all day for ventilation).

Rain comes in tonight after midnight. No, really, they swear it this time.

1995hoo

Raining here but not hard. Unfortunately, up near Baltimore got soaked: Downtown Ellicott City is severely flooded again after getting eight inches or more of rain today.

http://twitter.com/jeremyharristv/status/1000845163478925312?s=21

http://twitter.com/libsolomon/status/1000844141281071105?s=21
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Eth on May 27, 2018, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on May 27, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
I'm glad I'm not in Des Moines, then, because my AC did stop running yesterday and is in need of repair. Fortunately, today turned out to be a mostly cloudy but dry day; it's 82 degrees outside and 79 inside (I've had the balcony door open all day for ventilation).

Rain comes in tonight after midnight. No, really, they swear it this time.

Yeah, I was watching the Weather Channel yesterday morning and found it amusing that it was going to be both warmer and more humid up North than it was in the South. Everything seemed backwards to me. :crazy:

bing101

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 27, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
Unfortunately, up near Baltimore got soaked: Downtown Ellicott City is severely flooded again after getting eight inches or more of rain today.

Yeesh. What is it with that place? It was flooded when I was down there in 2016, too... and I have friends in that immediate area (with an Ellicott City mailing address, but not the flooded city center itself).

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on May 29, 2018, 08:57:07 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 27, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
Unfortunately, up near Baltimore got soaked: Downtown Ellicott City is severely flooded again after getting eight inches or more of rain today.

Yeesh. What is it with that place? It was flooded when I was down there in 2016, too... and I have friends in that immediate area (with an Ellicott City mailing address, but not the flooded city center itself).

From what I read in the paper, apparently downtown is at a low point where the topography acts as sort of a funnel into the Patapsco River, exacerbated by four or five smaller streams all flowing downhill and joining together near there. A look at Google Maps confirms the smaller streams. I haven't been to Ellicott City in probably 20+ years.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MNHighwayMan

Somewhat severe storm just passed overhead; it knocked out power for a couple of minutes. Some bouts of heavy rain and wind, and a few nearby lightning strikes to make things interesting. :)

Max Rockatansky

First 100F plus day of the year in Fresno.  I'm working on getting acclimated as fast as possible for hot running weather.  72F this morning at 4:45 AM during my run was a little on the sweltering side after spending two weeks in Washington state this month.

index

Got caught in a thunderstorm making my way to the bus. My clothes were completely soaked, not one bit was left dry. After a change of clothes, they're sitting in my laundry room, still wet.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jakeroot

Seattle is currently tied (with itself) for driest may ever. Only 0.12" of rain so far in May. And, it's the warmest May ever, average 61.~ F (about a degree warmer than the previous record). The rest of the month should be mid-to-upper 60s, so no chance of that record falling apart.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.