News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Louisiana

Started by Alex, January 20, 2009, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentsteel53

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on October 29, 2011, 01:59:08 AM

The new U.S. 90 Business shields actually have Business printed across the top of the actual shield in black. Similar to how Interstate is on the Interstate shields. Looks nice.

sounds like they are copying a Texas standard.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

UptownRoadGeek

Probably.
Noticed some new HOV signage this morning.

codyg1985

They are using the Texas goalpost sign posts too...although Alabama uses those style sign supports sometimes, too.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

brownpelican

Quote from: lamsalfl on October 28, 2011, 12:51:02 PM
Quote from: brownpelican on October 27, 2011, 04:33:48 PM
They've installed the new mile markers on I-55 too.

not north of I-12 as of the other day. 

They'll probably install them when the road work is done.

UptownRoadGeek

They go all the way to the Mississippi state line on I-55. Drove that way 3 weeks ago.

lamsalfl

And in light of the I-69 designations in TX and KY, I've just e-mailed LA, AR, and MO about signing stretches of I-49 that are complete and attached to an existing route (Westbank Expressway, AR 549, I-540, and US 71).  We'll see what they say if they reply.

froggie

Has AHTD completed the reroute of AR 245 at I-30?  If not, you can't include AR 549 because I-49 is supposed to use AR 245, not TX 151/US 59.

US71

Quote from: froggie on November 04, 2011, 08:11:49 AM
Has AHTD completed the reroute of AR 245 at I-30?  If not, you can't include AR 549 because I-49 is supposed to use AR 245, not TX 151/US 59.

Well, technically, it's not a reroute of 245. I believe it's going to be I-130 then eventually become I-49.   245 will likely continue on its current alignment to AR 296
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

UptownRoadGeek

Anthony_JK

UptownRoadGeek

UptownRoadGeek

New Huey P. Long deck being poured/smoothed.

UptownRoadGeek

brownpelican

Hallelujah!

My dad thought that stretch would NEVER get fixed.

UptownRoadGeek

It actually feels surreal for the pavement to be worse leaving Louisiana instead of entering.

Grzrd

Ribbon-cutting was yesterday; it should be open to traffic by Monday:
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20111209/HURBLOG/111209556/1319?Title=Elevated-highway-to-open-by-Monday

"An elevated highway between Leeville and Port Fourchon will be open to motorists by Monday, marking a major step in a years-long effort to replace sinking La. 1 ...
La. 1, which has long suffered from erosion and neglect, is the only route linking the rest of the state and nation to Port Fourchon, a national oil hub that serves as the supply point for more than half of all oil-and-gas production in the Gulf of Mexico.
The highway routinely floods when it rains during strong winds and at high tide. Tropical weather can close the road for days ...
Henri Boulet, executive director of the La. 1 coalition, said the highway will be open by Monday at the latest. Crews were still painting stripes on the road.
The project aims to eventually connect Fourchon to U.S. 90 with an elevated highway, a $1.5 billion investment. The La. 1 improvement project was split into four separate phases. The Leeville connection marks the completion of phase 1.
Phase 2, with a price tag of about $45 million, will connect the highway to Golden Meadow.
The La. 1 Coalition, made up of business and government interests, has asked the federal government to pay about one-third of the construction cost of Phase 2 ...
Advocates are also hoping that Department of Homeland Security study released this week will also help make their case. The study found that a 90-day closure of La. 1 – and the resulting closure of Port Fourchon – would result in a loss of $7.8 billion in the nation's gross domestic product. GDP is a measure of an area's total economic output. It represents the market value of all goods and services produced.
Nearly $4 billion of that loss would come from the parishes surrounding Port Fourchon, including Terrebonne and Lafourche.
He said the federal government's decision on whether La. 1 will receive money is due Dec. 31.
Phases 3 and 4, estimated to cost more than $900 million combined, have no money dedicated to them."

codyg1985

^ Is it just me or does the picture from the article look like they are in a white room cutting a ribbon while drinking expensive champaign?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

UptownRoadGeek

Some pics I've found from the I-49 project. The first one is supposedly at the state line.

It's amazing how hilly and curvy that part of the state is. Almost looks like it could be in another state compared to South Louisiana.

bassoon1986

yeah it kind of resembles I-20 near Arcadia and Ruston

Stephane Dumas

It looks a bit like the Ozarks mountains or the Piedmont area of NC or SC.

lamsalfl

Who took those pictures?

UptownRoadGeek

brownpelican

brownpelican

A preliminary study shows tolls on I-49 in the Lafayette area could generate half the money needed to complete the highway there:

QuoteTolls of 16 cents per mile for passenger vehicles and four times that for commercial trucks could provide enough annual revenue to secure financing ranging from $540 million to $725 million, according to a preliminary traffic study by HNTB, a national consulting firm that specializes in transportation projects.

http://theadvocate.com/home/1558259-125/tolls-eyed-as-revenue-source.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.