AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 02:27:24 AM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by LilianaUwU
If there are HOT lanes, why aren’t there also COLD lanes?

There are, just come over to Québec City between November and April.  :bigass:

on: Today at 01:18:28 AM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by US 89
If there are HOT lanes, why aren’t there also COLD lanes?

on: Today at 12:54:26 AM 
Started by Desert Man - Last post by jgb191
That same cold front that brought frigid conditions up north also came through here sending our temperatures plunging to below-normal numbers for once:  Highs ranging from the mid-80s in Corpus Christi to around 90 degrees in Laredo.  And nighttime temperatures dropping from low 80s before the cold front to low 70s after the front passed.

on: Today at 12:51:54 AM 
Started by jgb191 - Last post by CtrlAltDel
Fan bases of most teams have web sites where you can follow your favorite team in other markets. As a Packers fan I can choose this site or this one or this one. I can visit several Packers bars in Chicago alone. Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, and Bears fans also have home bars in quite a few cities in my experience. (So do the other NFL teams, but those teams seem to have the most scattered fans.) I'm sure many universities and other sports teams also have sites to find like-minded fans in unfamiliar cities, but it's not something I follow.

I found a Bears bar out in Vegas (it is off the strip). I just googled places to get a good burger off the strip, went in, and the place was decked out with Bears gear. Talked to the bartender, and the owner is from Chicago and a big Bears fan.

I once stumbled into a White Sox bar in Paris. The owner was from there and his dream was to move to Paris and open a bar, which he did, although it has since closed.

on: Today at 12:48:53 AM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by CtrlAltDel
I have no strong feelings about any gas stations one way or another.

on: Today at 12:45:58 AM 
Started by Alex - Last post by CtrlAltDel
In New York, we don’t have counties on the plates, but oftentimes your local car dealer will install a plate frame that says Nissan of *city/town name* for example. When my family and I were going on a road trip from Long Island to Buffalo/Niagara Falls, I took off the plate frames so people wouldn’t know we were tourists.

I take those frames off even when I'm not going to be traveling.

on: Today at 12:35:11 AM 
Started by Alex - Last post by chrisdiaz
I am most happy living in a state that does not put any mention of 'county' on my car's license plates (Wisconsin).  It does add an element of anonymity to mindlessly driving around the state.

:nod:

Mike

Can agree with this. In New York, we don’t have counties on the plates, but oftentimes your local car dealer will install a plate frame that says Nissan of *city/town name* for example. When my family and I were going on a road trip from Long Island to Buffalo/Niagara Falls, I took off the plate frames so people wouldn’t know we were tourists.

on: Today at 12:31:03 AM 
Started by luv2drive - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Looking through the website, the restrictions on Tioga Road are partially due to a reconstruction project. Be happy it'll be open at all Glacier Point Road will be closed all year. This isn't the year to visit Yosemite given the amount of construction happening within the park

Or a year to hit the Four Mile Trail if so inclined. 

on: Today at 12:22:18 AM 
Started by luv2drive - Last post by cl94
Looking through the website, the restrictions on Tioga Road are partially due to a reconstruction project. Be happy it'll be open at all Glacier Point Road will be closed all year. This isn't the year to visit Yosemite given the amount of construction happening within the park

on: Today at 12:09:17 AM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by XamotCGC
I wish my area of Kentucky that i'm from had more diverse choices of Gas Stations.  Everything is ether a Marathon/Five Star, Kentucky petroleum supply, or a store associated gas station like Kroger or Wal-Mart.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.