News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pacific Southwest / Re: Nevada
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 01:19:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not really sure why some of the streets in the valley were state highways to begin with. Why is Rainbow maintained by NDOT and, say, Buffalo isn't?

(not that I'm complaining, NDOT has done a very nice job with the streets they're responsible for in my experience)
Mid-South / Re: Texas
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 01:17:03 AM
Quote from: Road Hog on April 19, 2024, 11:06:13 PMI don't know what the advantage is of a turbine as opposed to a 4-level stack. You need lots more real estate for it and more piers to install since piers aren't being shared. It's "innovative" and "looks purty" but that's about it.
From what I've noticed, it allows faster driving speeds which can prevent unnecessary braking and slowdowns in heavier volumes. I've driven the turbine at I-485 / I-85 in Charlotte, NC and you can easily take those ramps at 55 mph, and they're 2 lanes throughout. No significant change in grade and sharper corners.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Slow Forum
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 01:15:49 AM
IONOS = Infernal Owners of Non-Operational Servers
Central States / Re: OK Turnpike Speed Limits
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 01:09:30 AM
Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 19, 2024, 11:37:45 AMI'm not surprised OTA would leave the portion of I-44 from Lawton to the Red River still signed at 75mph. That cheaper cable barrier separating the two directions of traffic has to be an issue.
Probably phasing... other stretches of Turnpike that Oklahoma has increased has that same cable barrier treatment. I imagine this stretch of I-44 will be increased to 80 mph in the coming years.
Off-Topic / Re: My idea for US currency re...
Last post by CtrlAltDel - Today at 01:06:22 AM
Quote from: ilpt4u on April 17, 2024, 08:46:29 PMRound to the nearest quarter. 13s and 63s round down. 38s and 88s round up (notice: all "tied" rounds end at even dollars or half dollars, intentionally).

I don't know if that makes sense, if only because there are no ties when rounding an integer cent to the nearest quarter dollar. 12, 37, 62, and 87 cents should all round down, and 13, 38, 63, and 88 cents should all round up.
Cashless tolling on the Turner Turnpike (I-44) between OKC and Tulsa to go active on May 1st!

The Will Rogers Turnpike will definitely be the next one to go cashless with the Indian Turnpike to be the last one to get converted.

EDIT: Found the date in an OTA newsletter on the widening of the Turnpike to six lanes: https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/ota/documents/news-articles/2024/006_24%20Turner%20groundbreaking%20at%20Wellston.pdf?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR2Z1lmN2j-B--3dPwVGcnPT-ebhtWuG3VhcdQJUiX5vyq38-QAMoPx9FCo_aem_Aen-1t08D2U0TMLpdfC2majVzPagfA_i8FVO4xTWvcEkPM3uEgIjPtZjaPfTFMwmJPjQuv-JUWFwXL33Vbacs57W
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Michigan Notes
Last post by JREwing78 - Today at 12:40:05 AM
Michigan's speed limits tend to be set pretty aggressively, so I tend not to speed around town. Thank the State Police for that; they require a speed study be performed when setting speed limits, and they run 5-10 mph higher than similar roadways in other states.

SM-G991U

Mid-South / Re: Texas
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 12:14:39 AM
If the land is cheap enough, I always thought turbines were cheaper than stacks.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by TBKS1 - April 19, 2024, 11:57:40 PM
Exit 880 -> My personal highest exit number, Exit 686 on US 82 in far North Texas (taken 5 November 2021)

Road Enthusiasts Meetings / Re: SWPA25 Road Enthusiast Mee...
Last post by jeffandnicole - April 19, 2024, 11:40:49 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 19, 2024, 04:28:48 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 19, 2024, 02:44:02 PM
Quote from: Alps on April 19, 2024, 12:39:29 PMThere's a Pirates game the Friday night before that I would happily attend. I've heard the park is a wonderful experience. If anyone wants to join me please text, email or otherwise drop me a line so we can get tickets together!

It's doubtful I'll make it to this meet, but you heard right. If you or others can take in a game here, do so. And upper deck seating between 1st and 3rd will give you a wonderful view of the bridges, river and city skyline.

Also, Fatheads beer has a large gazebo-type bar area behind left-center field. One of my favorite breweries.

Between 1st and 3rd?

Yeah. That's what the call the seating area in the infield area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.