AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

on: Today at 04:25:36 PM 
Started by Quillz - Last post by SectorZ
There’s also MA 107 from Revere to Lynn which is called the Salem Turnpike. It runs from MA 60 in Revere through the Rumney Marsh reservation to Ballard St in Lynn before going over a super congested drawbridge and it has no interchanges. Was this ever proposed as part of I-95 north of Boston?

I-95 was to be just west of it. There was a dirt berm a couple of miles long that you could see from 107, but it was dug out and dumped along Winthrop Beach to help with storm resilience.

on: Today at 04:24:31 PM 
Started by Mr_Northside - Last post by ARMOURERERIC
More details on 53A2 were released

https://www.paturnpike.com/traveling/construction/site/pa-route-51-to-i-376-of-the-mon-fayette-expressway/mon-fayette-section-53A2/design-construction-details

If I am looking at this correctly, this section appears to be "floating". Is the section that would connect this to existing PA 43 already underway?

Yes, has been for over a year.

on: Today at 04:05:59 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by LilianaUwU
24-hour rule.

A-15:

A-15 NB, sortie 45 - 1 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

on: Today at 04:03:23 PM 
Started by index - Last post by LilianaUwU
Do it on the AARoads Wiki instead.

on: Today at 03:40:59 PM 
Started by Mr_Northside - Last post by webny99
More details on 53A2 were released

https://www.paturnpike.com/traveling/construction/site/pa-route-51-to-i-376-of-the-mon-fayette-expressway/mon-fayette-section-53A2/design-construction-details

If I am looking at this correctly, this section appears to be "floating". Is the section that would connect this to existing PA 43 already underway?

on: Today at 03:27:58 PM 
Started by Quillz - Last post by miclugo
What is the least "main" Main Street?

In Illinois, Carol Stream's Main Pl comes to mind,  but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

San Francisco's Main Street is not particularly main.  (It's actually named for Charles Main, an early businessman.)

on: Today at 03:26:00 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by webny99

In my experience, customers ordering custom, long lead time products usually start demanding tracking numbers twelve minutes after they order it.

To the extent this was serious, if that's really happening, either ... or you're targeting the wrong type of customer.

The type who wants what he's selling and is ready to buy it from him?

If it's a long lead time, custom product and they're expecting tracking information immediately, that falls under the part that you conveniently snipped out.

I guess my real point was that annoying and demanding customers are still paying customers, and it might not be good business practice to avoid them.

I guess I was thinking about it, as previously stated, from a B2B perspective, but this is fair for B2C sales.

on: Today at 03:22:49 PM 
Started by Streetman - Last post by index
In NC there's Ten-Ten Road in the Triangle. Whitmire, SC and Neeses, SC, nowhere near each other or Ninety Six, SC, have Ninety Six Road.

on: Today at 03:17:48 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by WillWeaverRVA
Thanks for posting...

This does not seem to show route overlays, so i wouldn't call VA 80 truncated just yet.

Surprised about VA 410.  I thought i read somewhere the Beaumont facility was going to become part of the park eventually, so I thought VA 313 might get extended over there.  Spring 2023 GMSV has no postings.

Looks like they're treating the entire intermodal connector as just ramps from I-564.

The VA 169 truncation contradicts the 2019 action of the CTB on relinquishing VA 169 from US 258 to VA 351 - https://www.ctb.virginia.gov/resources/2019/sep/reso/10.pdf

The relinquished portion of VA 237 between VA 120 and US 50 is shown as VA 237 still.

I completely forgot about the separate ArcGIS map that does show route overlays. That one also does not show VA 80 duplexing with VA 460 at the state line. It also shows US 258 and VA 143 uselessly duplexing on Fort Monroe.

on: Today at 03:17:22 PM 
Started by index - Last post by index
After contributing images to several route articles on Wikipedia, and contributing here and there in other niches on the site under a few different accounts, I've finally decided to begin drafting an article for US 74A from Asheville to Forest City. I believe it could stand on its own as an article rather than just being in the special routes article. Similar ones for roads like  US 17A in South Carolina exist, for example.

Here is the draft. The forum software is gonna break the link by removing the parenthesis at the end from the actual link so look out for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:U.S._Route_74_Alternate_(Asheville%E2%80%93Forest_City)

Feel free to share any (constructive and polite) critique and/or other suggestions/tips.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.