AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 08:57:15 PM 
Started by corco - Last post by Hunty2022
Jacob deGrom just signed with the Texas Rangers for a 5 year, $185 million guarantee with a full no-trade clause and a $37 million conditional club option for the 2028 season.

Wasn’t he on the Mets?

on: Today at 08:57:00 PM 
Started by NWI_Irish96 - Last post by Road Hog
Unfortunately tomorrow morning's match will be Netherlands vs. Pulisic's nether regions.

on: Today at 08:52:22 PM 
Started by kernals12 - Last post by Road Hog
We have a metric ton of nerds mathematicians here. Someone please show me an example of a graphing hook on a Cartesian plane.

on: Today at 08:52:21 PM 
Started by AABattery - Last post by AABattery
Welcome from a VT Alumni!!
Thanks! :)  Something I notice here is every few years I see a lot of plates from a particular state or two and this year it's PA and NY.
Also is the state flower of PA the "Road work ahead sign"?

on: Today at 08:51:36 PM 
Started by SkyPesos - Last post by webny99
Not I-55...

on: Today at 08:50:35 PM 
Started by AABattery - Last post by AABattery
Hello from VA :awesomeface:! I've lurked here for some time and decided to make an account bc I like roads and traveling, I'm a bit of a geography nerd, and also why not?

Nothing wrong with all that.  Coincidentally, you're not our first forum member from Blacksburg...
Thanks! I also didn't expect people from my town to be on this forum (but then it is a decent size college town)

on: Today at 08:48:02 PM 
Started by webny99 - Last post by US 89
I-40 in Arkansas between Little Rock and Memphis needs it pretty badly as it's 38K AADT (2021) with 64% trucks.  Once I-30 between Texarkana and Little Rock is 6 laned, there'll be some notable LOS degradation.  And when I-69/I-369 in Texas gets done, it and I-30 will need 8 laning without I-69 in Arkansas and Mississippi.
I feel that I-40 is a higher priority and would get widened before I-30 is ever expanded any further.

It's scheduled to start in a few years on the segments near LR and West Memphis and work toward each other over a likely excruciatingly long time.  The big river bridges are already widened, just currently striped for 4 lanes.
In the meantime I'd like to see one or two stretches in the middle for passing lanes just to break the logjam. The White River is almost halfway and the stretch between Brinkley and Hazen would be a logical spot.

I feel like the resulting bottleneck where it narrows back would produce enough of a backup to make it not worth it.

on: Today at 08:47:27 PM 
Started by kernals12 - Last post by bulldog1979
WTF is a "graphing hook"? Isn't the device called a "grappling hook"?

on: Today at 08:46:33 PM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by US 89
Coming soon: I-81 in Syracuse NY

on: Today at 08:45:20 PM 
Started by Zeffy - Last post by jakeroot
Anyone wish that Cities Skylines had regions and bigger cities? 81 tiles is a lot but I want to build a damn country. Also the limits are annoying.

Not really, I enjoyed filling up 25 tiles and that was enough in one map for me. Who has a supercomputer capable of running anything more with more than 5 FPS anyways?

If you can get a computer with a good processor, really good graphics card, and 64 GB of RAM, you should be able to build an 81-tile region pretty easily.

I had 32 GB of RAM with a GTX 1080 and Intel 8086k chip, vintage 2018, and I could fill up a map without too much issue.
The limits might be a bigger issue than the computing power.

Limits of what? The game, RAM, graphics, storage or something else?

I tried to buy the game today and was unable to download it. I spent an hour this morning with support just trying to either a) get a download to happen or b) get a refund. I'm now waiting for a refund since Microsoft's site for downloading Cities Skylines is completely f***** up. Doesn't get any more limiting than that.

Are you on PC? It's better to buy and download it via Steam.

Anyone wish that Cities Skylines had regions and bigger cities? 81 tiles is a lot but I want to build a damn country. Also the limits are annoying.

Not really, I enjoyed filling up 25 tiles and that was enough in one map for me. Who has a supercomputer capable of running anything more with more than 5 FPS anyways?

If you can get a computer with a good processor, really good graphics card, and 64 GB of RAM, you should be able to build an 81-tile region pretty easily.

I had 32 GB of RAM with a GTX 1080 and Intel 8086k chip, vintage 2018, and I could fill up a map without too much issue.
The limits might be a bigger issue than the computing power.

Limits of what? The game, RAM, graphics, storage or something else?

In the game, there is a cap on the number of vehicles you can have out at one time, the ammount of people that can be out in your city at once, the ammount of objects you can have in your city, among other things. Can get quite annoying when trying to build a huge city.

This is indeed the main issue with the game. Hopefully this is resolved in C:S2. There are mods that remove a good number of the limits, but not all. Many are not particularly stable, either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.