AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: October 01, 2022, 08:40:34 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by formulanone
Minnesota 95:

on: October 01, 2022, 08:27:06 PM 
Started by Mergingtraffic - Last post by SignBridge
The problem was not so much that the CBX was built, but the cut-throat way it was designed and executed. The route could have been slightly different to have spared at least one neighborhood but that wasn't done because of politics. And the residents who were displaced by the road could and should have been treated much better than they were.

Had those things been done, the CBX might not have the bad reputation that it does today.

Some design features might have been a little different as well, but remember this was almost seventy years ago and the highway was typical of 1950's era design and six-lane highways in the NYC area were the norm at that time. Building it any wider was probably not possible anyway due to space constraints.

on: October 01, 2022, 08:18:02 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by mgk920
I use YYYY-MM-DD when writing checks.

Mike

on: October 01, 2022, 08:12:33 PM 
Started by Avalanchez71 - Last post by Rothman
Heh.  That reminds me of Cold Stone trying to open a location in Northampton, MA and failing due to the number of high quality ice cream places in the area, including Herrell's, which invented the "smoosh-in" practice of using a cold slab to mash stuff into ice cream flavors.

Flayvors, in nearby Hadley, is even better.

on: October 01, 2022, 08:10:42 PM 
Started by Desert Man - Last post by US 89
And it seems it will stay like this for a while.

Did Tulsa secede from Oklahoma when I wasn't paying attention?

They must have, because Tulsa isn't flat like Oklahoma is supposed to be.  :poke:

on: October 01, 2022, 08:03:33 PM 
Started by golden eagle - Last post by mgk920
Here in Wisconsin, to this day, WisDOT has always passed over the use of 'Appleton' as a control for major roadways leading to NB I- (and before then 'US') 41 in metro Milwaukee, opting for the much smaller 'Fond du Lac', instead.  When I was a kid, this often confused my late father when we were returning from Brewers games, requiring me to set him straight.
I mean, it’s literally called the Fond du Lac Freeway, so that could just be the DOT complying with a local association without doing the logical thing (putting the freeway name on the BGS).

It was called that because it was built along side of and, in truncated form, feeds into Fond du Lac Ave.  Farther in, it was to become the Park West Freeway.

Mike

on: October 01, 2022, 07:57:17 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by J N Winkler
. . . nobody uses YYYY-DD-MM . . .

(Cough) (cough) Kazakhstan (in Kazakh).

on: October 01, 2022, 07:56:56 PM 
Started by Avalanchez71 - Last post by ibthebigd
Indianapolis is starting to get A lot of chains

Zaxbys
Raising Canes
Swansons
"Chicago Pizza"
Portillo's
Jaggers

I've seen articles of several other chains I just don't remember them.

Tim Hortons came for less than 6 months.

SM-G996U

on: October 01, 2022, 07:33:36 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by bing101
Yea, CA/I-210 also runs east-west.   :p

Maybe it was purposely done that way to be truly 'fictional'.

Mike
Parody for CA-170 Hollywood freeway.

on: October 01, 2022, 07:28:12 PM 
Started by Desert Man - Last post by Scott5114
And it seems it will stay like this for a while.

Did Tulsa secede from Oklahoma when I wasn't paying attention?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.