AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: September 25, 2022, 08:27:00 PM 
Started by bandit957 - Last post by GCrites80s
Pepsi has certainly made the effort in Appalachia to gain ground since it was much more disputed territory for cola than say, the South.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:15:02 PM 
Started by dbz77 - Last post by ClassicHasClass
Couldn't make out Del Webb's High Sierra in that clip. That remains infamous to us for a disastrous family trip to a conference my father was attending in which we hit a deer on US 395 and then my mother got her purse (with her original, actually green, green card) stolen out of the damaged car when we were sledding. Fortunately it was a Ford LTD Country Squire station wagon, the sort that would survive a direct bomb hit, so it just kept going.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:13:54 PM 
Started by Alps - Last post by Mr. Matté
Add another 2-lane* road in the state with a 55-mph speed limit: the entirety of the US 206 Bypass. The count is now up to 6 (also parts of 54, 70, 72, 539, and 33 southeast of Freehold*). It was formerly 45 south of Hillsborough Road and 50 on the original part and the 4-lane part north of CR 514.

*Ok, they're part of a divided super 2

on: September 25, 2022, 08:09:28 PM 
Started by flaroads - Last post by ClassicHasClass
^^^^

you-had-one-job dept.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:07:35 PM 
Started by jakeroot - Last post by pderocco
I was told to take 82 exit 122 and check out old pavement to the south on Bofer Canyon Road. So it's there... you bear left in a mile down a gravel road and there it is to the right of the gate in .4 miles. I drove it and I'm not sure I recommend the same... plant life... who else has been down there?

Wow. In addition to the gravel, four different vintages of pavement (including the Interstate).

They really blew a wad on those frontage roads, with full striping.

I like the way the gravel road snakes through the circular farm fields further down.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:07:30 PM 
Started by briantroutman - Last post by TheHighwayMan394
Any "Railroad" street name where a line has been removed.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:06:01 PM 
Started by Hurricane Rex - Last post by ClassicHasClass
If you've been to Furnace Creek, haven't you been to Badwater, just a few miles away? -282 feet.

I'm not sure I thought it was worth walking over there in the heat just to score a low point a few feet lower.

Actually, it's worth a look, especially if there was a recent rain. They post a SEA LEVEL sign on the rock face nearby to make the point.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:03:20 PM 
Started by edwaleni - Last post by abqtraveler
Most of the old I-74 bridge will be torn down by dismantling the twin spans piece-by-piece and explosives will only be used to bring down the suspension cables. Dismantling the entire bridge will take longer than imploding it and expected to be entirely removed in 2024.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/local/old-i-74-bridge-prepares-demolition-piece-by-piece-moline/526-4342aa49-6767-4701-9625-09411ca0c43d
A perfect plan to implode the entire main spans...thwarted by the enviro-kooks who think that protecting mussels are more important than putting on a spectacular demolition show for the good folks of the Quad Cities.

on: September 25, 2022, 08:02:58 PM 
Started by Hurricane Rex - Last post by ClassicHasClass
You mean the alignment through Echo? That's old US 30; US 395 went along OR 37.

on: September 25, 2022, 07:52:54 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by pderocco
Yeah, I saw a lot of stuff online about it, too. But it looks like they've got one guy with a shovel working on it, so it won't be done for a few years.

Odd that all these old bridges would die at the same time. Were they in a cult?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.