News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

24 Hours of Lemons

Started by Pete from Boston, February 06, 2014, 11:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Are there any participants or spectators here?

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

For the unaware, this is the under-$500 national car race circuit.  These people make up a crazed, ingenious, resourceful community that's somewhere between Car & Driver and Mad Max.   

I have only been once, but if you ever ran a 20-year-old car into the ground, then relented and went to the junkyard to add one more year to its life, this is your race.  Nice group of people, and a fun time.

Takumi

I'm vaguely interested in it, to the point I've found a car for sale I'd use for it, but never seriously considered doing it unless I went to a driving school.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Sanctimoniously

I'm a big fan of LeMons, and I've harbored ambitions for an entry for a long time (theme, schtick, everything), but money and real life and stuff. I'm also registered on their boards as this name, but I haven't posted in a while.
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

formulanone

Would love to do it, but I have zero actual racing experience, and the "unlimited" costs of making the car safe definitely exceeds by budget.

hotdogPi

Do these cars run on lemon batteries?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: 1 on February 07, 2014, 02:31:07 PM
Do these cars run on lemon batteries?

If you can make that work, I'm sure you'll get some sort of award for it, and probably gain admission to the LeMons hall of fame.

Pete from Boston

This raises a point I forgot to make -- the top prize is the Index of Effluency, whose winner gets $1 more than the winner on laps.  The IOE basically rewards commitment toward the impractical, unreasonable, and inadvisable -- arguably the core of the LeMons spirit.

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 07, 2014, 04:23:19 PM
This raises a point I forgot to make -- the top prize is the Index of Effluency, whose winner gets $1 more than the winner on laps.  The IOE basically rewards commitment toward the impractical, unreasonable, and inadvisable -- arguably the core of the LeMons spirit.

I was thinking more like the Dangerous Banned Technology Award.

Laura

I believe that Steve has some friends that are doing this or something similar to it?

Sanctimoniously

There should be an AARoads LeMons team.

formulanone

We could win for most miles driven off the circuit during the event.

SSOWorld

If life gives you LeMons - don't make LeMonade! :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: formulanone on March 10, 2014, 06:24:54 PM
We could win for most miles driven off the circuit during the event.

You would get some kind of special cult following if you tried, I assure you.  Get someone to follow you around taking video of your LeMons car out and about on the roads, then of the inevitable tow and impound.  You may become some kind of legend.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.