News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadgeek01

Quote from: webny99 on January 23, 2018, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on January 23, 2018, 02:59:05 PM
Are you in an area where it usually snows in January? All it does is rain in January where I am :-D

Going to guess he's somewhere near me (in which case, the answer to your question is yes). Here in the snow belt, it's 50 degrees and raining  :pan:

Correct, I live in PA.
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

Hurricane Rex

Stupid Wednesday update: No changes. Except an unusually warm Sunday predicted.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

webny99

Darn, missed my opportunity to get Reply #1000 :-( I'll have to settle for #1006.
It's actually sunny here right now, albeit cold, temps in the 20's.

ET21

Brief spring taste today before back to average for late January
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

brownpelican

7/8

Today's the day of the Concrete Toboggan Race (GNCTR 2018) at my local ski hill (Chicopee). Just our luck, the weather is a high of 7°C (45°F) and rain :ded:. I'll guess we'll have to make the most of it. Go Waterloo! :clap:

MNHighwayMan

Last two days had highs in the 50s (52 Thursday and 57 (‼) yesterday), but back down I go!

Eth

It's an unremarkable 57 and cloudy. Well, okay, I guess that's more normal for mid-February rather than late January, but still, no big whoop. Expecting some rain tonight and through most of the day tomorrow.

Hurricane Rex

Running till I die.

jakeroot

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on January 29, 2018, 02:01:07 AM
Another record high: 64

It was similarly warm up here (my dashboard read 60 earlier today), but the temperature tumbled when the rain moved in. Mid-40s now, only two hours later.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on January 29, 2018, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: Hurricane Rex on January 29, 2018, 02:01:07 AM
Another record high: 64

It was similarly warm up here (my dashboard read 60 earlier today), but the temperature tumbled when the rain moved in. Mid-40s now, only two hours later.
Funny how things work because my thermometer today went the opposite of what you had (45 until 3pm when the rain moved in, then raised to 52 in an hour).

Running till I die.

jp the roadgeek

Last night, had a 40% chance of flurries.  Turns out I woke up to 2" of flurries and school delays in my area.  30 miles south and east, places that were supposed to get 2" tops got 8.  Supposed to warm up into the 40's Thursday before rain, then a cold front and a change to snow on the backside (probably not much).  Pats fans and people flying back to Logan and TF Green from Minneapolis after the game may have to endure the remnants of a possible Sunday snowstorm.  Not liking the next two weeks; payback for an extended January thaw after the deep freeze.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on January 31, 2018, 12:46:43 AM
Last night, had a 40% chance of flurries.  Turns out I woke up to 2" of flurries and school delays in my area.  30 miles south and east, places that were supposed to get 2" tops got 8.  Supposed to warm up into the 40's Thursday before rain, then a cold front and a change to snow on the backside (probably not much).  Pats fans and people flying back to Logan and TF Green from Minneapolis after the game may have to endure the remnants of a possible Sunday snowstorm.  Not liking the next two weeks; payback for an extended January thaw after the deep freeze.
Well that's a forcast bust if I've ever seen one. :bigass: Now, can I have some of that snow?

Running till I die.

Hurricane Rex

1st dry day in the entire Willamette Valley in 18 days without it being a record high.

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

adventurernumber1

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

webny99

^RGT, I do wish you'd spend at least some of your online time browsing the forum, and posting in complete thoughts, instead of posting fluff like this.

Alps

Do not attack other members. If you have a problem, Report to Moderator is next to every post. Let us handle it. His posts may be brief, but they are an answer to the question at hand.

Roadgeekteen

A bit of snow this morning. Very cold and windy at night.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Buck87

jakeroot

Quote from: Alps on February 02, 2018, 12:11:03 AM
His posts may be brief, but they are an answer to the question at hand.

47 degrees isn't the weather. That's the temperature. "Weather" encompasses many things beyond temperature, such as how dry or wet it is, if it's windy, etc.

The original post describes both temp and precip. I would assume that this is the baseline for a response, as it would be in real life:

"What's the weather, John?" "64 and raining, Mary."

Seattle is entering a dry streak. No rain in the forecast for at least four days (and Thursday looks to be mostly dry with a passing AM shower). Temps relatively steady in the low- to mid-50s. Beyond Thursday, I don't see any rain in the forecast. I'll take it! Especially after a very rainy January.

Hurricane Rex

Okay... 5th 60 degree day in the year and all but one have been dry. This was the first to be sunny for a lot of it.

Quote from: jakeroot on February 04, 2018, 10:41:49 PM

47 degrees isn't the weather. That's the temperature. "Weather" encompasses many things beyond temperature, such as how dry or wet it is, if it's windy, etc.

The original post describes both temp and precip. I would assume that this is the baseline for a response, as it would be in real life:

To strengthen your point Jakeroot, from dictionary.com: weather: the state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.

Running till I die.

ET21

Round 2 of snow today after a bitterly cold morning following a 2-incher storm yesterday. 3-6 inches tonight possible, with another 2 storms this week. A very active pattern
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Eth

Seattle is entering a dry streak. No rain in the forecast for at least four days (and Thursday looks to be mostly dry with a passing AM shower). Temps relatively steady in the low- to mid-50s. Beyond Thursday, I don't see any rain in the forecast. I'll take it! Especially after a very rainy January.

The missing rain in Seattle has, I believe, found a home in Atlanta. We got something like 1.5 inches yesterday (mixed with some sleet/ice in the far northern suburbs), with thunderstorms in the forecast all day on Wednesday, and a likely complete washout for the coming weekend. It'll be fairly mild, though, with highs around 60 for most of the week.

We're dry today, though. Sunny and 39 right now, with a forecast high near 50.

jakeroot

Quote from: Eth on February 05, 2018, 10:00:50 AM

The missing rain in Seattle has, I believe, found a home in Atlanta. We got something like 1.5 inches yesterday (mixed with some sleet/ice in the far northern suburbs), with thunderstorms in the forecast all day on Wednesday, and a likely complete washout for the coming weekend. It'll be fairly mild, though, with highs around 60 for most of the week.

We're dry today, though. Sunny and 39 right now, with a forecast high near 50.

I was talking to one of my "girl...friends" who lives in Statesboro, and she told me the same thing! I don't mind thunderstorms though. You can send those our way.

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on February 05, 2018, 11:09:32 PM

This is an odd thread. What's the weather right now? It'll be a never ending conversation.

Definitely an endless thread. But to take the question literally, one's response would have to include more than just a single aspect of the definition of weather (posted above by Hurricane Rex -- thanks mate). In my opinion, that would mean including at least the temperature, and the amount of precip (or lack thereof) now and forecasted, since those were the two things mentioned in the OP.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.