News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

It's been quite warm, and it appears that that is a trend that will continue through the weekend. The several inches of snow this area received over the last couple weeks should be completely gone by the end of it. :no: Welcome back, brown!

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jp the roadgeek

Snowing like a bee-eye-itch.  Anywhere from 4-10" between now and 7 AM.  Then it's supposed to be near 70 by midweek.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Alps

We were predicted to be in the 3"-5" band of snow, maybe 6" tops. But in the end I'm measuring a solid 9" on my deck, and that's on the north side of the house when the snow was coming from the south. More like 10" from a quick front yard measurement.

Hurricane Rex

Anywhere from a trace to an inch of snow is expected tomorrow. 40 as the high though.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

kkt

Windy, mid 30s, partly cloudy.  Possible snow tomorrow morning.

Eth

It's actually been a rather nicer weekend than I was expecting. Yesterday turned out to be partly cloudy, breezy, and very warm — 77 at the airport, a new record high.

Sunny and 47 now. Clouds will be building back in, which should hold us down in the 60s today, with a chance for a few showers around sunset. Then a warm week ahead, with a long stretch of 70s in the extended forecast.

Bruce

A bit of snow north of the convergence zone.

ET21

The melt off continues. Expecting about 1-3 inches of rain over the next 36 hours. Could lead to some flooding due to a frozen ground, but at least it's not the nasty ice storm expected in southern Wisconsin.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Hurricane Rex

1-4 inches of snow expected tomorrow night however since the models have trended towards more snowy in the last 3 days (it was nothing 3 days ago) I am saying 1-6 inches depending on location in the metro area.

Running till I die.

Max Rockatansky

Apparently we're getting a hard freeze tonight with lows possibly 27-28F.  That won't be good for local crops but ought to make for clear views of the Sierras and empty streets when I run tomorrow.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 19, 2018, 10:37:09 PM
Apparently we're getting a hard freeze tonight with lows possibly 27-28F.  That won't be good for local crops but ought to make for clear views of the Sierras and empty streets when I run tomorrow.

Is that normal for your area at this time of year? (I don't know whether you live in a high elevation area or not.)

Tomorrow is a record high of 70°, beating the previous record of 62°. (It was an easily beatable record; if it was up to 2 days earlier or one later, it would only be about a 4-5° difference instead of 8°, and if it was 2 days later, it would not be a record at all.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

MNHighwayMan

Punched out of work (about an hour ago) and went outside to be greeted by a thin-ish layer of ice on everything. Including my car. :banghead:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on February 20, 2018, 06:28:46 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 19, 2018, 10:37:09 PM

Is that normal for your area at this time of year? (I don't know whether you live in a high elevation area or not.)

Tomorrow is a record high of 70°, beating the previous record of 62°. (It was an easily beatable record; if it was up to 2 days earlier or one later, it would only be about a 4-5° difference instead of 8°, and if it was 2 days later, it would not be a record at all.)

It kind of is for this far into to February but usually happens a couple times in the winter in Fresno which is a little 200 feet above sea level.  What isn't all that normal is the chance of snow we have Thursday night into Friday morning.  If the forecast gets closer to the actual day I might get up early or stay up late to see it.  I had it snow on me twice in Phoenix so why couldn't it snow here when I have a wall of rock to the east that literally translates into "Snowy Mountains" in English?

Hurricane Rex

Winter Storm Warning is now in effect for Portland. 3 to 7 inches expected.

Running till I die.

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 20, 2018, 06:28:46 AM
Tomorrow is a record high of 70°, beating the previous record of 62°. (It was an easily beatable record;...)

We're also supposed to break a record of 62° today — the forecast high is 68°. Unlike in MA, though, 62° is rather challenging to break. In fact, anything above 50° in February is extremely rare.

This time of year, we could just as well be getting feet of snow. We'll be back in the 30's by tomorrow night. Welcome to Upstate NY :spin:

Buck87

65 with off and on rain showers, warmest day of the year so far.

Edit: Got up to 71 in the afternoon

ET21

65 at O'Hare right now, with low 60s across much of Chicago. Heavy rains have led to flooding and we have another big slug of rain inbound. Some areas could see 4-5 inches of rain
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Eth

Living the wedge life in Atlanta yesterday and today, meaning greater cloud cover and lower temperatures roughly along the I-85 corridor northeast out of the city while the rest of the area is sunny and warmer. Fog stuck around in the city today until nearly lunchtime before some blue sky started peeking through; thanks to a very warm start, that still allowed temperatures to make their way up to 75.

Some rain likely to come through tonight into tomorrow morning, then clearing out. Staying warm, with highs in the mid-to-upper 70s through Saturday.

Hurricane Rex

School got out at 10:28 am and snow didn't accumilate until 8:30 pm. 1-3 inches total in Sherwood depending on location. Roads are freezing over as I do my post sweep for the day.

Running till I die.

JMoses24

We have freezing rain here in OKC as of 12:49 CST. Temp is 23°.

jakeroot

Winter weather advisory for my area of Pierce County, Washington: up to an inch of snow is expected this evening and through tonight. Better stock up on bottled water and fuel!

jp the roadgeek

We set the all time record (since 1904) for the month of February at Bradley Airport today with a high of 74.  Just saw on the 6:00 news that while it's 69 here, it's only 37 in Syracuse (200 miles west), and that weather will be here later tonight.  Tomorrow, they're talking sleet and snow in the hills of Litchfield County, the Berkshires, and the Worcester Hills.  May be some in the air in the valleys but no accumulation.  And all the snow from Saturday has melted and my yard is snow free, hopefully till next winter.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on February 21, 2018, 07:12:04 PM
Winter weather advisort for my area of Pierce County, Washington: up to an inch of snow is expected this evening and through tonight. Better stock up on bottled water and fuel!

I can relate to that for tomorrow however 1-4 inches for me.

Running till I die.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.