News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

Showers have cleared out the forest fire smoke nicely!  Now it's mostly cloudy with some sunbreaks and very pleasant.

thspfc

Went from jacket and gloves on Monday to sweating in a t-shirt and shorts yesterday and today.

jgb191

Still more of the same conditions we've seen all month long.

Brownsville:       95 high (+8);   79 low (+10)
Corpus Christi:   94 high (+8);   78 low (+8)
Laredo:            100 high (+10); 75 low (+9)
McAllen:           101 high (+12); 76 low (+8)

The continuing loads of tropical moisture from the Gulf will keep the heat index remaining in the triple-digits all over South Texas; some locations could again hover in the 110-115 degrees range.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

7/8

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

elsmere241

According to Windows, it's 62F and fog both where the office is (I'm telecommuting today) and here at home.  It does look foggy here and I'm not using the space heater in my attic office at the moment.

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

I'm now living in Japan. Today in Tokyo, it is getting into the mid 60s. Beautiful sunny skies, although clouds are rolling in. Around 50 at night.

Heading to Okinawa today, much warmer there, closer to upper 70s to around 80. Lows around 70. Pretty windy too.

Bruce

A little cold (but just right for hoodies), some rain but mostly just overcast. Can however see the Olympics, so that's nice. Sunset is now at 6 pm, so days feel so much shorter.

Quote from: jakeroot on October 26, 2022, 11:53:37 PM
I'm now living in Japan. Today in Tokyo, it is getting into the mid 60s. Beautiful sunny skies, although clouds are rolling in. Around 50 at night.

Heading to Okinawa today, much warmer there, closer to upper 70s to around 80. Lows around 70. Pretty windy too.

That's one way to escape the big dark. How's the adjustment?

JayhawkCO

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on October 27, 2022, 12:43:40 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on October 26, 2022, 11:53:37 PM

That's one way to escape the big dark. How's the adjustment?

The time adjustment is brutal; been waking up at like 2 to 3 am.

Weather-wise: Tokyo was more like Seattle temperature-wise, but Okinawa is beautiful. Much warmer, more humid too. But also some rain, passing through kind of randomly.

Roadgeekteen

Getting colder, in the 50s now.

kphoger

A nice enough day that I had the front door open at the office pretty much all afternoon.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Bruce

Quote from: jakeroot on October 28, 2022, 05:59:05 AM
Weather-wise: Tokyo was more like Seattle temperature-wise, but Okinawa is beautiful. Much warmer, more humid too. But also some rain, passing through kind of randomly.

I've heard from a few friends who lived in Tokyo off-and-on that the summers there are brutally humid. Looks like you got lucky while visiting there.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on October 28, 2022, 07:54:31 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on October 28, 2022, 05:59:05 AM

I've heard from a few friends who lived in Tokyo off-and-on that the summers there are brutally humid. Looks like you got lucky while visiting there.

I've definitely heard the same. Still very much warm and humid in Okinawa, but Tokyo is a bit more dry this time of year. I'll be back in December for a couple days, I'm sure it'll be quite cold.

Roadgeekteen

kphoger

Usually, if it's smoky in Wichita, it's because of controlled range burning.  However, today it's coming from a pallet recycler 1½ miles from my office.  Some stacks of wooden skids and wood chips caught fire at about 7 pm last night, and it's still going.  Fire crews worked overnight from both ends of the fire to keep it under control, and their plan is to just let it burn itself out.

Other than that, it's gorgeous here.  Currently in the low-mid 60s with lots of sun, forecast high of 73°F.  Temps for trick-or-treating should be in the low 60s.  With this weather, I expect the streets to be packed with trick-or-treaters in neighborhoods where it's a popular thing.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Ted$8roadFan

Relatively warm and rainy, in the 50s.

gonealookin

Well, hello Winter, it's great to see you again.

I've had about an inch of snow on my deck in the last hour.

ET21

Enjoying the encore of summer, we've had 70s the last few days with a couple more coming up. Our first decent autumnal windstorm is expected tomorrow and Saturday.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny, warm in the 60s. Will be even warmer this weekend.

jgb191

After a brief cool spell, we're back to above normal again.

Brownsville:      92 high (+7);    78 low (+12)
Corpus Christi:  93 high (+9);    76 low (+9)
Laredo:            94 high (+8);    74 low (+11)
McAllen:           96 high (+12);  75 low (+10)

Heat Index ranging from upper 90s to as high as 105 degrees.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

jakeroot

Okinawa: some passing rain this morning, low 70s. Cleared out to low 80s and sunny for the afternoon (currently just after 1500 on Fri 04 Nov as I write this). Nice breeze and not too humid!

Amaury

Snowing, but not sticking at this time, at least not around here. Snoqualmie Pass is closed due to multiple collisions and blocking vehicles.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.