AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Washington  (Read 223850 times)

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Last Login: Today at 06:46:23 PM
    • Wikipedia
Re: Washington
« Reply #1200 on: August 22, 2022, 09:39:59 PM »

Probably not the case, but did the sunset highway go through there?  I'd assume US-10 went through Moses Lake to the north.

US 10 was routed basically along modern I-90 + WA 171 + I-90 Business through Moses Lake.

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Wikipedia
« Reply #1201 on: September 22, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »

The SR 506 overpass is cursed, it seems. Southbound half was recently demolished because it was struck by a truck and had structural issues, and now the northbound half has been struck and damaged.

kkt

• Last Login: Today at 08:04:29 PM
« Reply #1202 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:18 PM »

I don't suppose while they're rebuilding it they'll build it taller so that it doesn't get run into about once a year?

Henry

• Last Login: Today at 06:14:18 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #1203 on: September 23, 2022, 12:52:51 PM »

I don't suppose while they're rebuilding it they'll build it taller so that it doesn't get run into about once a year?

Yeah, that's exactly what they need to do. Either that or lower the freeway so that this does not happen again.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Algorithm

• Last Login: Today at 03:59:46 AM
« Reply #1204 on: September 23, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »

Well, they were scheduled to set the girders for the south half this weekend, but hopefully that gets postponed now that the whole bridge needs replacing.  Once the new girders are in, any effort to raise the bridge deck becomes a lot harder.

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Wikipedia
« Reply #1205 on: September 24, 2022, 01:27:36 AM »

WSDOT decided to start expansion joint repairs on I-90 at 10 am on a Friday. Predictably, SR 520 and basically most highways around Bellevue were gridlocked for hours.

Apparently some people trying to reach Mercer Island or even I-90 EB from Bellevue Way were stuck for several hours.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 01:35:10 AM by Bruce »

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: November 21, 2022, 03:12:52 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #1206 on: September 25, 2022, 02:09:35 PM »

I was told to take 82 exit 122 and check out old pavement to the south on Bofer Canyon Road. So it's there... you bear left in a mile down a gravel road and there it is to the right of the gate in .4 miles. I drove it and I'm not sure I recommend the same... plant life... who else has been down there?

kkt

• Last Login: Today at 08:04:29 PM
« Reply #1207 on: September 25, 2022, 03:18:01 PM »

Yay for Link light rail fixing the new fare machines!  When first installed in the spring they just beeped, whether you were going into the light rail system or out of it, and without showing anything about your fare balance.  Now it shows whether you were going in or out and what your remaining balance is, so you can see if your automatic debiting of your checking (or whatever) account is working before you get stuck unable to ride.

pderocco

• Two wrongs don't make a right--but three lefts do.

• Last Login: Today at 07:16:40 PM
« Reply #1208 on: September 25, 2022, 08:07:35 PM »

I was told to take 82 exit 122 and check out old pavement to the south on Bofer Canyon Road. So it's there... you bear left in a mile down a gravel road and there it is to the right of the gate in .4 miles. I drove it and I'm not sure I recommend the same... plant life... who else has been down there?

Wow. In addition to the gravel, four different vintages of pavement (including the Interstate).

They really blew a wad on those frontage roads, with full striping.

I like the way the gravel road snakes through the circular farm fields further down.
Ciao,
Paul

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: November 21, 2022, 03:12:52 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #1209 on: September 25, 2022, 10:24:29 PM »

Wow. In addition to the gravel, four different vintages of pavement (including the Interstate).

They really blew a wad on those frontage roads, with full striping.

I like the way the gravel road snakes through the circular farm fields further down.

The gravel is private really. I am guessing they either ripped out or overlaid the original pavement to the gate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.