What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nature Boy

I crossed from Virginia to Maryland and back on I-95/495 on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

Rothman

Today, in order:

NY/MA: I-90

MA/CT: I-91

CT/RI: CT/RI 101

RI/MA: I-195

MA/RI: MA/RI 136

RI/MA: RI/MA 136

MA/RI: I-195

RI/MA: RI/MA 146

MA/NY: I-90
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SEWIGuy

For about seven or so years, I took a trip for my previous employer from southern Wisconsin to Memphis, Chattanooga, and Indianapolis.  If my schedule allowed, I would take new ways as much as I could but it varied.  Here are the state crossings I have taken.

WI to IL:  I-39/90
IL to MO:  I-55 (most times), I-57
IL to KY:  US-51, US-60, US-62  (once)
MO to AR:  I-55 (every time)
AR to TN:  I-40, I-55
KY to TN:  US-51
TN to MS:  US-61, I-55, US-78, US-72
MS to AL:  US-72, MS-76 to AL-24
AL to TN:  US-72
TN to GA:  I-24
GA to TN:  I-24
TN to GA:  I-24, I-65, TN-56/KY-63, US-431
KY to IN: US-41, US-231, I-65
IN to IL:  I-64, IN-64, US-150, I-74, I-94
IL to WI:  I-94, US-12, I-39/90

1995hoo

As far as I can recall, I don't think I've left Virginia since April 14; on that day, I crossed Columbia Island in the District of Columbia twice on my way to and from Arlington Cemetery. On the way to the cemetery, we left Virginia on Washington Boulevard and re-entered on Memorial Avenue; on the way back, reverse those (see map link, although it's not 100% accurate–we made a right on Lincoln Drive and a left on Sherman Drive, but Google Maps won't let you go that way for some reason).

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.8839825,-77.0738837/38.8788557,-77.0571933/@38.882302,-77.0680394,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

There was one day when we drove over Memorial Bridge (again leaving Virginia on Washington Boulevard) and then back over the 14th Street Bridge (I-395) when we decided one of the cars just needed to be driven, but I don't remember whether that was before or after April 14. On our other trip to Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day, we didn't leave Virginia because I used Route 110 in both directions instead (despite the loop ramp there, they let you make a left onto that ramp as you exit the cemetery).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 31, 2020, 12:34:26 PM
As far as I can recall, I don't think I've left Virginia since April 14;

I haven't left Kansas since returning from Mexico (via Texas and Oklahoma) on March 21.  In fact, I haven't even been outside Sedgwick and Butler Counties.  My parents, my sister and her husband, several of my close friends–have all taken out-of-state trips during COVID, but not us.

However, this isn't actually due to COVID.  It's pretty common for us to not travel anywhere for several months after our Mexico trip.  The only trip we have on the horizon is a college graduation in Springfield (MO) in October, which probably won't add any new state line crossings for me.  I'm kicking around the idea of taking my sons on a camping trip in Great Sand Dunes N.P. sometime in September, but I haven't even mentioned it to anyone yet.  If that does come to fruition, I'll probably add the following state line crossings to my list:

US-160 KS/CO, never done it before

In addition, I'd add two that I haven't done in more than 20 years:

I-25 CO/NM
US-56 NM/OK and OK/KS
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

STLmapboy

Me, STL-->Northern MN (my report here):

Leave MO on MO 27.
Return on IA 27.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

GaryV

I haven't left the state in over 9 months.  And can't really see myself doing so for at least another 8 or 9.  I'd like to make a couple trips; I'm just not sure it's safe enough to make it feasible.

roadman

Since March 13th (the last day I worked in the office), I have left Massachusetts exactly twice.  First time was on Friday, June 19th, when I went up to Derry NH for a dentist appointment and a haircut (both my dentist and stylist are long time family friends, which is why I trek up to New Hampshire for those tasks).  On that trip, I left and re-entered the state on I-93.  Second time was on Sunday, July 19th, when I went down to Naragansett RI to spend the day with my brother and his wife.  On that trip I left and re-entered the state on I-95.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

ozarkman417

I've left MO for AR on more than one occasion this summer, though all but this most recent trip to Beaver Lake involved US65 there and back. This time, it involved MO/AR 37 and AR23/Route P.

thspfc

I saw this thread and remembered that I haven't left Wisconsin by road since August 2019  :colorful:. I flew to Colorado in February, the only time I've left the state at all since last August.

1995hoo

Quote from: kphoger on July 31, 2020, 12:48:38 PM

I haven't left Kansas since returning from Mexico (via Texas and Oklahoma) on March 21.  In fact, I haven't even been outside Sedgwick and Butler Counties.  My parents, my sister and her husband, several of my close friends–have all taken out-of-state trips during COVID, but not us.

However, this isn't actually due to COVID.  It's pretty common for us to not travel anywhere for several months after our Mexico trip.  ....

For me it's unusual not to have gone out-of-state just because of where I live. I would normally have gone into DC for a hockey game or a baseball game at some point.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 31, 2020, 02:30:38 PM
Quote from: kphoger on July 31, 2020, 12:48:38 PM

However, this isn't actually due to COVID.  It's pretty common for us to not travel anywhere for several months after our Mexico trip.  ....

For me it's unusual not to have gone out-of-state just because of where I live. I would normally have gone into DC for a hockey game or a baseball game at some point.

I live 300 ft from a state line and managed not to cross it for 7 weeks in March-May.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

webny99

I guess I've been to seven states this year, counting my own.

Went to NJ in January, and all of the other five were this month: PA, DE, MD, VA, and MN.

Rothman

We seem to be getting afield of the intent of the thread.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Buck87

Friday: Left OH into KY on I-471
Monday: Returned to OH from IN on I-275

Love2drive

Left NC and entered VA on US 29.  Reentered NC on US 220.

sprjus4

Recently left Virginia into West Virginia on I-64, entered Virginia from West Virginia on I-81.

I-55

Left Indiana on US-24 and re-entered on US-6. Just driving around during the rona to stay happy
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

Darkchylde

Last time, I left PA on an unnumbered local road and returned from MD 86/PA 516.

tq-07fan

Not counting going over to Northern Kentucky which is several times a month on my own vehicle, and not counting driving I-471 to I-275 and return while driving a bus my last time out of the state was out on US 30 and return on I-74. It was my first time on that part US 30 in late July. Indiana is a great daytrip from here.

Jim

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Escaped Ohio via US 40 into Richmond, Ind over a week ago.
Returned to Ohio via US 30 out of Fort Wayne, Ind yesterday.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Buck87

Tuesday: Left OH into WV on the Parkersburg-Belpre Bridge
Wednesday: Returned to OH from WV on I-470

Both were first time clinches of those particular Ohio River bridges

Flint1979

Last time I left Michigan I entered Indiana on US-31, I re-entered Michigan on I-69.

ozarkman417

I left MO to AR (again) on Benton/McDonald Co. 35 (Gordon Hollow Dr) so I could cut over to the completed portion of the Bella Vista Bypass, but re-entered on US 71.

Skye

My mom and I just drove from Cincinnati to her home in Myrtle Beach area. We left Ohio on I-275 entering Indiana.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.