News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: ZLoth on June 08, 2024, 09:24:40 PMHigh winds. Although the next question is how it has been like that.

If high winds caused that, we're talking strong hurricane or tornado winds.

ZLoth

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 08, 2024, 11:13:48 PM
Quote from: ZLoth on June 08, 2024, 09:24:40 PMHigh winds. Although the next question is how it has been like that.

If high winds caused that, we're talking strong hurricane or tornado winds.

It probably occurred after August 2023 which is the latest streetview shot. It may also have been run over and put back up in the same place.
Don't Drive Distrac... SQUIRREL!

Flint1979

It happened within the last week.

wanderer2575

Are these people doing all the "I created this product" ads on TV really the inventors?

kurumi

"Unavailable" as a simple adjective is pretty much the same meaning as "not available".

Except:

"unavailable in all areas" has a different connotation from "not available in all areas"
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Scott5114

Never saw a sign like that in Oklahoma so I don't think it was high winds. My guess is that an oversize vehicle smacked it good, such that the post was left standing but the signs got crunched up good.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ZLoth

From Chron:

Latest Texas kangaroo escapee seen hopping across busy highway
The kangaroo was one of two that escaped overnight from a nearby exotic animal farm

FULL ARTICLE HERE
Don't Drive Distrac... SQUIRREL!

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 10, 2024, 12:21:56 AM

Never saw a sign like that in Oklahoma so I don't think it was high winds. My guess is that an oversize vehicle smacked it good, such that the post was left standing but the signs got crunched up good.

Considering how mangled the sign is, the signpost would have almost certainly come down if it was hit any lower. But the top of the sign being hit by the side view mirror on a large vehicle seems like a possibility.

The argument for wind or another force of nature is that it looks like all the panels folded in the exact same direction.

Max Rockatansky

Pretty sure I broke my small toe on my left foot last night.  I've been pondering how to alter my workout routine for the next four weeks since I probably can't run.  I'll probably have to fire up my rower which involves buying a bunch of D batteries.

I might go for longer lifting sessions at the gym.  I'm bored with my current weight lifting routine and it probably is worth spending some dedicated time changing it up. 

kurumi

I remember fracturing my little finger years ago, and while it was healing in a cast, thinking "you don't really need your little finger for chinups, right?"

spoiler; yes, I do

(didn't re-injure, but realized chinups were still off the menu)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Max Rockatansky

The worst was when I had broken ribs associated with getting hit by a car in 2010.  You don't realize how much all those muscles lining your rib cage are part of literally every exercise until they break.  Even my broken left arm was easier to compensate for. 

formulanone

Quote from: kurumi on June 10, 2024, 12:07:22 AM"Unavailable" as a simple adjective is pretty much the same meaning as "not available".

Except:

"unavailable in all areas" has a different connotation from "not available in all areas"

"Unavailable" creates just a little FOMO and desirability. Like you'll drive five states out of your way for a bite, or look for the item on the gray market.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.