News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What Will Become of Orange County's Toll Roads

Started by kernals12, January 27, 2021, 09:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on March 29, 2023, 09:04:22 AM
Quote from: RZF on March 28, 2023, 09:21:27 PM
My assumption is that they know that out-of-area drivers (particularly those from western LA County and coastal points north) are using I-405 to get to I-5 to get to San Diego. And there are lots of those drivers. Every time I drive to San Diego, Apple Maps gives me the option to stay on I-405 or take CA-73 to get to I-5. The difference between the two is inconsequential (matter of a minute or two + 2 fewer miles), but CA-73 is the "faster" route. So they might be taking advantage of drivers who just turn Siri on and let her do her thing.

Were the toll rates set during the era of ubiquitous sat-nav-guided driving?

Still super high in the Map Quest era.

Plutonic Panda

I messaged them about the condition of the 241 pavement between CA-91 and the 133 junction. They told me Caltrans and The Tolls Roads are two different agencies without elaborating. Seems a little weird given that they operate that segment of the road and could explain any improvements would be done by Caltrans, no?

But the 241 to the CA-91 express lanes connector is listed as a Toll Roads project scheduled to begin this year and they're overseeing that. Why wouldn't they oversee a project to reconstruct CA-241?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.