Transit Driver endangers passengers and other motorists.

Started by Crash_It, July 11, 2021, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

When I lived in Indiana I used to have to drive through Chicago all the time. If you drive normally you are fine. I've come up to the people moving 45 mph on the Ike or Kennedy in no traffic to which I'm wondering why they are driving so slow but you just get around them.

I learned how to drive in Detroit and my first experience on the freeway was a breeze. Got onto I-696 off of Woodward during the middle of the afternoon rush hour on a Friday. I aced the driver's course and already had studied the proper way to drive. I must say that I paid the extra money and went to Sears Driving School and I can remember the driving instructor telling me just punch it and catch up to the traffic I got up to 80 mph and got over into the left lane and passed a bunch of traffic the instructor was impressed at my driving skills and up to that point I hadn't ever driven on an Interstate in my life and I was 16 years old.

I don't see why people have to drive all ignorant and inconsiderate and really dangerous. I mean you can be driving down a street in any of Michigan's larger cities such as Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Lansing, Kalamazoo and so on and they drive like garbage, they ride your bumper as if you have anywhere to go since the car in front of you is there, run red lights, drive extremely fast like people will do 60 mph in a 35 zone and the cops aren't around to catch them, then they are driving around without license plates on their cars because they've been too lazy to make an appointment with SOS to get their car registered and insured. This is ridiculous I call on Michigan State Police to start cracking down on these people. Before COVID became an excuse for everything you couldn't ride around without plates on your car, why can you still do this? Michigan is 100% open and SOS has been re-open for over a year now.

They drive like this and live like this simply because they don't care. Maybe if they'd start getting busted they'd be off the streets.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 18, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
Everything isn't smooth and good. You failed to keep right except to pass. You try blaming this on people that can't merge properly, except I never saw an issue with people merging,  and there are large gaps between some interchanges. You constantly got passed on the right, especially by trucks where the middle lane would notmally be their passing lane. And around the 1:40 mark, just after you criticize someone for going under the speed limit in the middle lane, your speed indicator hit 54 mph.

Feel free to post the law about keeping right except to pass, as you are a very keen and law obiding driver.

That's adaptive cruise control. Driver in front of me was going that fast so it slows me automatically.

At the 1:40 mark, there was absolutely no one in front of you.

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 02:51:05 PMKeep right except to pass only applies to the far left lane.

(625 ILCS 5/11-701)
(d) Upon an Interstate highway or fully access controlled freeway, a vehicle may not be driven in the left lane, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle.
    (e) Subsection (d) of this Section does not apply:
        (1) when no other vehicle is directly behind the vehicle in the left lane;
        (2) when traffic conditions and congestion make it impractical to drive in the right lane;

You don't drive the Edens like I do,

Almost no ones drives like you do.  Anywhere.

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 02:51:05 PMAlso, Trucks...because of their inability to slow down like we can, shouldn't be going faster than 55-60mph in urban areas anyway.

I didn't see any issues with the trucks driving at the speeds they were driving.  I see trucks driving in urban areas often.  I see cars driving in urban areas often.  It's way more frequent for 2 (or more) cars to have crashes than a crash that involves trucks.

Crash_It

Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 18, 2021, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 18, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
Everything isn't smooth and good. You failed to keep right except to pass. You try blaming this on people that can't merge properly, except I never saw an issue with people merging,  and there are large gaps between some interchanges. You constantly got passed on the right, especially by trucks where the middle lane would notmally be their passing lane. And around the 1:40 mark, just after you criticize someone for going under the speed limit in the middle lane, your speed indicator hit 54 mph.

Feel free to post the law about keeping right except to pass, as you are a very keen and law obiding driver.

That's adaptive cruise control. Driver in front of me was going that fast so it slows me automatically.

At the 1:40 mark, there was absolutely no one in front of you.

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 02:51:05 PMKeep right except to pass only applies to the far left lane.

(625 ILCS 5/11-701)
(d) Upon an Interstate highway or fully access controlled freeway, a vehicle may not be driven in the left lane, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle.
    (e) Subsection (d) of this Section does not apply:
        (1) when no other vehicle is directly behind the vehicle in the left lane;
        (2) when traffic conditions and congestion make it impractical to drive in the right lane;

You don't drive the Edens like I do,

Almost no ones drives like you do.  Anywhere.

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 02:51:05 PMAlso, Trucks...because of their inability to slow down like we can, shouldn't be going faster than 55-60mph in urban areas anyway.

I didn't see any issues with the trucks driving at the speeds they were driving.  I see trucks driving in urban areas often.  I see cars driving in urban areas often.  It's way more frequent for 2 (or more) cars to have crashes than a crash that involves trucks.

Again, the law says left lane. The middle lane is not the left lane. Thus, I did nothing wrong. At 1:40 there was a driver in front that slowed down then back up. The speed stamp is off by about 2 mph ,  so you can say that I never did go below 55mph in the middle lane.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 18, 2021, 09:35:36 PM
The City (and for that manner Illinois) is nowhere near as harrowing as you seem to think it is.

Brandon disagrees with you. (I'm not defending the OP.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

1995hoo

Cra_shIt saying "I know what the statutes are" is classic "armchair attorney" behavior: "I've read one thing and that makes me an expert."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on July 16, 2021, 11:34:35 AM

Quote from: kphoger on July 15, 2021, 03:50:09 PM

Quote from: Crash_It on July 14, 2021, 10:41:15 PM
1) She was stopped and that's why I used my horn

Your video suggests otherwise.

Quote from: Crash_It on July 14, 2021, 10:41:15 PM
3) It is not illegal and even the cop admitted that.

It is illegal.  I just cited the traffic law that prohibits it.  I've interacted with several police officers–in Illinois, no less–that were mistaken about what the traffic laws actually say.

The use of my horn in that video was not illegal.. here's the law

Quote625 ILCS 5/12-601) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12-601)
    Sec. 12-601. Horns and warning devices.
    (a) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonable loud or harsh sound or a whistle. The driver of a motor vehicle shall when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation give audible warning with his horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway

She was sitting stopped where you weren't supposed to be, therefore I used my horn to give audible warning to the fact that she was sitting there dangerously to insure safe operation. Anytime, a driver perceives an unsafe situation, they can sound use their horn. If I were to ever be cited for this all I'd have to say is "I did not feel safe by this driver's actions so I honked to warn him/her or others around to this situation"

You are interpreting that law to mean that you're allowed to use your horn to insure safe operation of someone else's vehicle.  That is a bad interpretation of the law.  Unless you really and truly believe there was no way for you to safely operate your own vehicle in that situation, then no, that law does not permit you to have blared your horn at her.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 07:03:40 PM
I know what the statutes are and I don't violate any of them.

There is a lot more to being a good driver than just knowing what the statutes are.  A LOT.

We've pointed out some instances in which you've broken traffic laws in your videos, but let's pretend for a minute that that weren't the case.  You'd STILL be a bad driver–even while obeying all the traffic laws.  You're impatient, you exhibit tendencies of road rage, you have zero tolerance for other drivers' errors, you don't drive defensively, you are not accommodating to other traffic.  You are a bad driver.  No, all those things aren't illegal, but they're still bad driving.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.