News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Why is your username what it is?

Started by jlam, January 02, 2022, 10:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck87

This Ohio resident was born in 1987

mgk920

My user name is simply my initials and the major telephone area code that is used here in Appleton and most of the rest of northeastern Wisconsin  (ie, Green Bay, Oshkosh,Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door County, Fond du Lac, etc, and as far south along WI 26 as Fort Atkinson, WI).

We will be adding '274' at some time in the next several years.

Mike

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

DenverBrian

Obviously, because my name is Malcolm and I'm from Poughkeepsie. :D :D :D

JayhawkCO

Quote from: DenverBrian on January 03, 2022, 01:04:03 PM
Obviously, because my name is Malcolm and I'm from Poughkeepsie. :D :D :D

And I'm assuming you're also the same DenverBrian from FlyerTalk?

formulanone

I flunked out of my school's Chemical Engineering program.

WillWeaverRVA

My name is certainly not Will Weaver, and I am definitely not from Richmond, Virginia.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

CoreySamson

My username is simply a mashup of 2 characters I've played in church plays.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

andrepoiy

My name is Andrew.

Years ago, I had to think of a username for a video game I played (It's called The Blockheads). I decided to just randomly type something with eyes closed, with "Andrew" as the base.

After a few attempts which resulted in words that cannot be pronounced, andrepoiy happened

mrsman

MRS are my initials.  I am married, but I'm a guy, so I've never been a Mrs.

The man was part of a nickname that I had growing up.  Friends in high school would yell, "Hey M---- (my first name) man."  So the combination of my initials and man have become my username on serveral sites where I want to keep some level of anonymity.

I could see the confusion of it being Mrs. Man, but that isn't really intentional. 

I could also see it being a contraction of Mr. S, who is a man.  That would portray me somewhat accurately - but not specifically.

tolbs17

Quote from: SkyPesos on January 03, 2022, 10:20:39 AM
Nickname for Delta's frequent flyer program on some other forums, denoting how worthless it is compared to other programs. For some reason, the word stuck with me after the first time I've seen.

Quote from: tolbs17 on January 03, 2022, 01:10:32 AM
My first name is Tolbert and I go by Tolbs (although changed it to tolbs17) because people like to call me "Tolbs". And I was 17 years old.

Used to be called "mrhappy1261" but no one called me that and I named myself that because I was a happy guy when going out to stuff and doing fun stuff but then got tired of it as 1261 had no meaning and were literally just random numbers, so I requested my username to be changed to "tolbs17" as it makes more sense, but now I'm 19 years old, maybe just "Tolbs" would make more sense for me. but "tolbs17" can stay as I was 17 (actually I was 16) when I joined this forum.
I thought you got the "17" from US 17, which goes through your area.
LOL, I guess you can count on that too

kevinb1994

I had the intent of being as professional as possible in late 2016, when I was already dipping my toes into the world of work (I will note that I wish things had gone over better at the special-needs private school that I left in June of that year, and after 2017 arrived I was uncomfortable with the job search assistant I eventually got, after the initial one that I had had left the since-modified Hunterdon County-based job-training/job-search program that I found via the related Somerset County office during the previous year). Even my email at the time was made in the same mindset. Of course, we were going to move the following year, and somehow I forgot my login info (primarily my password) for awhile, and tried to make another account on here...silly me, that's not recommended on here.

Big John

Because I like large, oversized toilets. :bigass:

I'm big and my name is John.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Big John on January 03, 2022, 05:08:48 PM

I didn't even know this was a thing until I did a little searching:

https://mybesttoilet.com/best-oversized-toilets/

Brandon

Quote from: Big John on January 03, 2022, 05:08:48 PM

Commodious Maximus?  :bigass:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

triplemultiplex

Big fan of movie theaters with three screens.  :popcorn: :-P

My name refers specifically to Wisconsin's original triple interstate concurrency between Madison and Portage.  For a time, it was the only one in the nation between the opening of the Stan Musial Bridge and the birth of I-41.  But a triplemultiplex could be any three-number concurrency.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

ozarkman417

-I'm from the Ozarks
-I have an x chromesome and a y chromesome
-My local area code is 417

empirestate

Besides the obvious, it's a back-formation of my website, empirestateroads.com. (Back in the m.t.r. days, a lot of the participants tended to be associated with their websites and, by extension, with a particular region or topic of expertise.)

02 Park Ave

I chose that username because that is the motorcar which i was driving at the time I registered.
C-o-H

In_Correct

On tvtome.com, there was a listing of Tom & Jerry containing only Hanna - Barbera Theatrical Entries. tv.com acquired the database when I tried again this time successfully to add the remaining Theatrical Entries. I did not want to create an account. A Hyphen was necessary. In-Correct ...

I have since used inHYPHENcorrect, which is supposed to be the Correct pronunciation, even if there is an Underscore(s) is not a Hyphen(s) such as in In_Correct.

Also, I Am A Critic.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

SkyPesos

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 03, 2022, 05:36:13 PM

My name refers specifically to Wisconsin's original triple interstate concurrency between Madison and Portage.  For a time, it was the only one in the nation between the opening of the Stan Musial Bridge and the birth of I-41.  But a triplemultiplex could be any three-number concurrency.
When was I-39 added to the concurrency between Madison and Portage? If it was before 1987, then the time before that year was also when it was the only triple interstates concurrency, as I-64 didn't exist in MO yet, and the PSB was just I-55/70.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

So back in the day, this album cover showed up in my facebook feed...

I found the name to be funny (Hot Rods & Hootenannies go together like Okra & licorice) and changed my username on here from OSU-LSU to Hot Rod Hootenanny. Little did I know that the mods here didn't care for me (or others) changing usernames freely, so I've been stuck with HRH since then. <shrugs shoulders>
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

oscar

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 04, 2022, 01:43:19 AM
I found the name to be funny (Hot Rods & Hootenannies go together like Okra & licorice) and changed my username on here from OSU-LSU to Hot Rod Hootenanny. Little did I know that the mods here didn't care for me (or others) changing usernames freely, so I've been stuck with HRH since then. <shrugs shoulders>

There was a bit of history of frequent name changes on m.t.r. (some people thought that was just to evade killfiles, but I found some of them amusing), which might've soured some admins.

My username here (my first name, uncapitalized) is the same one I use on all other discussion boards. There was one board where the admin wouldn't let me change my username to conform to all the others, even though nobody else there went by my uncommon first name. (I recall others on that board, with more compelling reasons such as legal name changes, had similar issues.) That board eventually died, and its successor was more flexible on username changes.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

triplemultiplex

Quote from: SkyPesos on January 04, 2022, 01:34:45 AM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 03, 2022, 05:36:13 PM

When was I-39 added to the concurrency between Madison and Portage? If it was before 1987, then the time before that year was also when it was the only triple interstates concurrency, as I-64 didn't exist in MO yet, and the PSB was just I-55/70.
I-39 designated c. 1992.  Signage went up in 1996.  The triplex was the last portion signed, if my memory is right so we're talking probably 1997/8.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

chrisdiaz

well, Chris is short for Christopher, and my last name is Diaz   :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.