News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Basketbrawl

Started by Big John, February 20, 2022, 06:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

tolbs17

hotdogPi

Before reading the thread, I thought this was a new sport.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Max Rockatansky

I'm more angry UofM didn't even come close to living up to pre-season hype.

tchafe1978

Juwan Howard is a baby. If you coach your team better, and they play better, they wouldn't be losing by 15 points. Call off the dogs in the last 30 seconds when the Badgers have emptied the bench and stop pressing, and maybe Greg Gard doesn't have to call that timeout, which he is more than entitled to use however he sees fit. See you after the suspension, Howard.

Apparently Howard still has pent up anger over Chris Webber's timeout back in 1992, and just can't accept that Gard's timeout call was legal.

KeithE4Phx

Quote from: Big John on February 20, 2022, 06:30:34 PM
Michigan HC Howard slaps Wisconsin assistant coach Gard after the game ended then a brawl ensues.  https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/michigan-coach-juwan-howard-scuffles-wisconsin-assistant-coach-viral-b-rcna17007

Greg Gard is Wisconsin's head coach.  From what I saw, it looked like Howard threw an open-handed punch at Gard, although others said it was directed at a Wisconsin assistant.  Both teams went at it afterwards.

Either way, Howard was unrepentant and didn't apologize, and it's not the first time he's lost it.  I can see both him and Gard missing a few games, but this looked like Howard's "Woody Hays moment."  I won't be shocked if he's fired.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

74/171FAN

Well now my mind is filled with images from "The Malice at the Palace"....
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Henry

Quote from: tchafe1978 on February 20, 2022, 10:52:14 PM
Juwan Howard is a baby. If you coach your team better, and they play better, they wouldn't be losing by 15 points. Call off the dogs in the last 30 seconds when the Badgers have emptied the bench and stop pressing, and maybe Greg Gard doesn't have to call that timeout, which he is more than entitled to use however he sees fit. See you after the suspension, Howard.

Apparently Howard still has pent up anger over Chris Webber's timeout back in 1992, and just can't accept that Gard's timeout call was legal.
I thought Webber's timeout was in 1993. A lot of us still remember that game, and that illegal call cost them a championship for the second year in a row.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

1995hoo

Quote from: Henry on February 21, 2022, 10:02:36 AM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on February 20, 2022, 10:52:14 PM

I thought Webber's timeout was in 1993. A lot of us still remember that game, and that illegal call cost them a championship for the second year in a row.

You're correct. It was against UNC, which means it couldn't have been 1992 because Duke won the championship in 1991 and 1992.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Big John

Howard was suspended to the end of the regular season, meaning 5 games.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: 1 on February 20, 2022, 06:34:18 PM
Before reading the thread, I thought this was a new sport.

You're not the only one I thought of the same thing. I also thought about a new movie who could be basketball counterpart of the classic movie "Slap Shot", lol or a nod to "BASEketball".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ieUp88iL8

snowc

i was thinking the same too. basketbrawl is not basketball,  :colorful:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.