AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why are people here way to serious  (Read 6667 times)

MultiMillionMiler

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1543
  • Location: New York State
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:32:04 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2022, 07:56:00 PM »

Oh no, not my intention at all to use it as social media chatting. I have thought about designing new interstates for a couple years now. You should see one of my notebooks, mostly filled with them. I've edited wiki a couple times, but never anything excessive, like one of the times was pointing out how I-278 and I-78 would have intersected 3 times if plans for both were fully completed. That was a potential topic I was thinking of starting a thread on, but I will just post in my own thread if it comes up:

Are there any interstate highways that meet at not 1, not 2, but 3 interchanges? Beltway will usually have 2 with another 2di, but 3? hmm..
Logged

1

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 12894
  • Age: 24
  • Location: MA/NH border
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:39:41 PM
    • Flickr account
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2022, 07:56:10 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Logged
Clinched

Traveled, plus several state routes

roadman65

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 13873
  • Location: Lakeland, Florida
  • Last Login: Today at 12:57:07 AM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2022, 07:57:52 PM »

MMM you defend peoples criticism way too much.

You obsess over your ideas way too much.
Instead of moving onto the next idea or accepting that no one likes your proposals, you keep pushing it. You suggest things from outer space like many of your cartoonish ideas about dealing with trucks.  You used Jules Verne logic about going through the Core.

You post way too much with non quality posts.  You won’t let any of us get the last word. You keep yourself stuck in neutral all the time trying to get the last word for yourself.  It seems you lack empathy.
Logged
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 17578
  • Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

  • Age: 33
  • Location: Norman, OK
  • Last Login: Today at 12:04:18 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2022, 07:58:50 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.

You're fine.
Logged

Molandfreak

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1860
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: February 04, 2023, 04:11:43 PM
    • Instagram
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…
Logged

webny99

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11868
  • Left lane is for passing, not camping!

  • Age: 23
  • Location: Monroe County, NY
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 09:56:39 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2022, 08:02:25 PM »

I am sure 99 percent of proposed plans would never be considered realistic after all of the research you are suggesting.

That's not true at all. Sure, there are some outlandish proposals, but many of them are plausible from a design perspective and may just be constrained by financial, environmental, or other factors. Perhaps you'd do well to read some fictional threads besides your own and Fritz Owl's before making such a disrespectful generalization.

Disrespectful to who? I wasn't referring to any person (maybe the government).

To anyone who, you know, actually spent time creating a legitimate fictional proposal with the idea that it may actually be feasible and useful in real life someday and did some real research on it, not just throwing out random numbers and countries with no context.

Here's one of mine: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0
And another recent example: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31840.0
Logged
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..
__ _______ ___ __ _______ _____

BlueOutback7

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1744
  • Convert the NY Thruway to mileage based exits

  • Age: 21
  • Location: Massachusetts
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 11:07:12 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »

I would say most of his posts are very low quality and they continue beating the same dead horse continuously. It’s getting very old debating the same topic about his whole “PA Turnpike needs to be straightened because of the trucks” argument. And then the whole I-80 needs to be longer than I-90 for no reason thing.

He’s already close to passing 1000 posts since becoming a member on October 25.
Logged
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

webny99

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11868
  • Left lane is for passing, not camping!

  • Age: 23
  • Location: Monroe County, NY
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 09:56:39 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2022, 08:11:45 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.
Logged
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..
__ _______ ___ __ _______ _____

roadman65

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 13873
  • Location: Lakeland, Florida
  • Last Login: Today at 12:57:07 AM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2022, 08:15:03 PM »

I would say most of his posts are very low quality and they continue beating the same dead horse continuously. It’s getting very old debating the same topic about his whole “PA Turnpike needs to be straightened because of the trucks” argument. And then the whole I-80 needs to be longer than I-90 for no reason thing.

He’s already close to passing 1000 posts since becoming a member on October 25.

We had a cook when I worked at Westgate Lakes in Orlando who would get into long stupid arguments with his coworkers because he wouldn’t move on.  He was stuck in neutral trying to get the last word in and ten minutes later still arguing the same thing.

This is the same MO as this cook that MMM has.  The arguments of his too are old and the same days later.
Logged
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1543
  • Location: New York State
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:32:04 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2022, 08:15:59 PM »

@roadman65 LOL what does extending I-80 or Long Island sound crossings have to do with empathy? It's a neutral topic. I only defend my plans if I feel the replies are overly dismissive, many times I've been quoted 5 times in a row and didn't respond. BTW, you started this thread. Even people who compared me to other users/previous trolls made a point of saying I wasn't obnoxious. I didn't know the requirement to post here was to log thousands of hours researching decades of old newspapers, economy reports, DOT archives, and environmental stuff just to say how a number should be extended. You started the I-80 to Riverhead thread for example, does extending a number down an entirely existing roadway really need all that? I admit I was having a little fun making a few fritzowl style proposals, but at least there was some logic behind them, such as connecting 2 segments of an existing highway, not just plowing 6 concurrent interstates across a desert or down into Baja for no reason, or ferries to Hawaii and Haiti. I have spent time writing to state governments about too lenient child abuse laws and other human rights issues, so don't give me the empathy crap. I also only post in a few threads, so of course it looks condensed, not trying to get the last word.

Edit:deleted copy and paste error part of post.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:28:17 PM by MultiMillionMiler »
Logged

roadman65

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 13873
  • Location: Lakeland, Florida
  • Last Login: Today at 12:57:07 AM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2022, 08:21:28 PM »

No one criticizes the fact you made the suggestions here. We’re just criticizing that you insist that they get a yay from us.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:26:08 PM by roadman65 »
Logged
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 17578
  • Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

  • Age: 33
  • Location: Norman, OK
  • Last Login: Today at 12:04:18 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2022, 08:28:54 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.
Logged

roadman65

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 13873
  • Location: Lakeland, Florida
  • Last Login: Today at 12:57:07 AM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2022, 08:46:24 PM »

Or the “ How many counties have you slept in” thread also was made to encourage traveling on road trips as well. :biggrin:
Logged
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

webny99

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11868
  • Left lane is for passing, not camping!

  • Age: 23
  • Location: Monroe County, NY
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 09:56:39 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2022, 09:09:51 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

And in terms of this forum, Road Sign Uno is our longest thread by a comfortable margin.
Logged
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..
__ _______ ___ __ _______ _____

Scott5114

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 17578
  • Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

  • Age: 33
  • Location: Norman, OK
  • Last Login: Today at 12:04:18 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

And in terms of this forum, Road Sign Uno is our longest thread by a comfortable margin.

My kneejerk reaction was "are you sure about that?" but then I realized that if anyone would know it would be you. :P
Logged

webny99

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11868
  • Left lane is for passing, not camping!

  • Age: 23
  • Location: Monroe County, NY
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 09:56:39 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

And in terms of this forum, Road Sign Uno is our longest thread by a comfortable margin.

My kneejerk reaction was "are you sure about that?" but then I realized that if anyone would know it would be you. :P

I think this came up in another thread recently; can't remember which one. But anyways, I know this from sorting threads by number of replies: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0;sort=replies;desc

(Of course, I'd have to check all the boards to be 100% sure about this, but it's a high bar, and Traffic Control tends to have some of the longest threads because of all the games and photo threads.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:30:54 PM by webny99 »
Logged
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..
__ _______ ___ __ _______ _____

roadman65

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 13873
  • Location: Lakeland, Florida
  • Last Login: Today at 12:57:07 AM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2022, 09:26:09 PM »

I’m noticing this thread is now the focus from MMM in one thread.  Same argument but different thread.
Logged
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1543
  • Location: New York State
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:32:04 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

People actually took road trips just because they realized they hadn't been on a route from a thread LOL

I mean I can't blame them I want to drive the entire length of every x0 and x5 in both directions.
Logged

Rothman

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11608
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 11:24:35 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2022, 10:47:52 PM »

I’m noticing this thread is now the focus from MMM in one thread.  Same argument but different thread.
He and his contenders are a virus infecting the forum.
Logged
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 17578
  • Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

  • Age: 33
  • Location: Norman, OK
  • Last Login: Today at 12:04:18 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2022, 10:50:07 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

People actually took road trips just because they realized they hadn't been on a route from a thread LOL

How do you think we get those mob-rule and TravelMapping maps filled in, by sitting at the computer and staring at them?
Logged

JoePCool14

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 2922
  • I'm surrounded by IDiOTs.

  • Age: 22
  • Location: Illinois / Wisconsin
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 11:02:06 PM
    • My TravelMapping stats
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2022, 10:50:28 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

People actually took road trips just because they realized they hadn't been on a route from a thread LOL

I mean I can't blame them I want to drive the entire length of every x0 and x5 in both directions.

Now that's just silly. You can do what you want, but why would you want to drive every x0 and x5 route in both directions when you could clinch them once each and spend the rest of that time exploring different roads, many of which might actually be more interesting and unique?

How do you think we get those mob-rule and TravelMapping maps filled in, by sitting at the computer and staring at them?

Speak for yourself...  :-D
Logged

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 50+ Clinches | 200+ Traveled

MultiMillionMiler

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1543
  • Location: New York State
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:32:04 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2022, 10:53:31 PM »

I’m noticing this thread is now the focus from MMM in one thread.  Same argument but different thread.

Don't worry, when I get to 1000, you know with my numbering OCD I'll make sure it will stay exactly at 1000. Maybe I-ll go back and delete some low level "I agree" or "fair enough" replies to cancel out my new posts. Or I could delete a post and copy and paste the content back into one of my previous posts near it..etc. Or is any of that against the forum rules?
Logged

Max Rockatansky

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 21506
  • Age: 40
  • Location: Route 9, Sector 26
  • Last Login: Today at 12:53:21 AM
    • Gribblenation
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2022, 10:54:04 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

People actually took road trips just because they realized they hadn't been on a route from a thread LOL

I mean I can't blame them I want to drive the entire length of every x0 and x5 in both directions.

Amusing that someone with ambitions to drive 2,000,000 miles would critique how people who actually travel by road spend their time.  Considering that 48,756 miles of road comprises the Interstate system you might find reaching your target number quite unobtainable.  But then again you’re the guy who rather take a plane to see rollercoasters over driving. 
Logged

Scott5114

  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 17578
  • Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

  • Age: 33
  • Location: Norman, OK
  • Last Login: Today at 12:04:18 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2022, 10:54:55 PM »

I’m noticing this thread is now the focus from MMM in one thread.  Same argument but different thread.

Don't worry, when I get to 1000, you know with my numbering OCD I'll make sure it will stay exactly at 1000. Maybe I-ll go back and delete some low level "I agree" or "fair enough" replies to cancel out my new posts. Or I could delete a post and copy and paste the content back into one of my previous posts near it..etc. Or is any of that against the forum rules?

You know I can change that number to whatever I want, right?
Logged

MultiMillionMiler

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1543
  • Location: New York State
  • Last Login: February 07, 2023, 10:32:04 PM
Re: Why are people here way to serious
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2022, 10:58:18 PM »

I feel like I'm seriously at risk of being banned. Overall, of my top 10 boards (can't see the entire list), 48% are General Highway Talk, Traffic Control, or Northeast, while the other seven take up 52%. Of my last 100 posts, only eleven (twelve before this post as one drops off) are on topic to roads and not in fictional, and that's including Photos, Videos, and More as on topic. In addition, as I said before, my posting rate has approximately doubled from 3.7 to 7 recently.
Yeah but you’re cool, so…

I speak from having some experience of being a "problem user" in my early days here and I don't think anyone would be banned here unless they were repeatedly and deliberately antagonistic. That's rarely the case with giving genuine suggestions to the moderators/admin team, especially here on the S&Q board.

1 came up with the idea of the "Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on" thread, which has inspired a lot of people to take actual roadtrips they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise, and caused Jim to write a whole-ass TravelMapping feature to support it. I think that's probably one of the most consequential things anyone has done for the hobby in recent years.

People actually took road trips just because they realized they hadn't been on a route from a thread LOL

How do you think we get those mob-rule and TravelMapping maps filled in, by sitting at the computer and staring at them?

I thought that was just people recounting where they already had been, not that they actually drove somewhere they normally wouldn't just to add the county.
Logged

 


Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.