News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New I-80 Mississippi River Bridge - Quad Cities

Started by edwaleni, December 14, 2021, 03:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEWIGuy

Quote from: pianocello on November 19, 2023, 01:30:58 PM
Whodathought that the first of the Quad City-area cloverleaves getting a direct turbine ramp was at I-88, not I-80/74/280?

Quote from: SEWIGuy on November 18, 2023, 09:46:38 PM
I am relocating to the Quad Cities next month. I am really looking forward to seeing this project develop.
As a former resident, welcome to the area! If you have any questions about it feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Thank you!

ilpt4u

I'm surprised IDOT didn't include a 2nd Flyover for 88 WB->80 EB(really SB) due to it officially being Thru IL 110/CKC WB!

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 19, 2023, 02:17:39 PM
Should have been a four level. Stupid decision I hate cloverleafs.

Well that would've been expensive overkill.
Though the preferred alternative does go big on the interchange with Moline Rd.  Taking a lot of land to avoid a ramp braid or c/d road on 88 WB.

If this was Wisconsin, they'd build a semi-directional wye on top of some sort of plain diamond or DDI with Moline road somehow restored to direct feed SR 92 west; half interchange pointing east on 88. Slight variation of what you see in Beloit or Green Bay now.

I'm amused the alternatives maps use background aerials from when the Rock River was super flooded.  I guess that makes it easy to pick out the floodplain!
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

pianocello

Quote from: triplemultiplex on March 18, 2024, 12:44:51 PM
I'm amused the alternatives maps use background aerials from when the Rock River was super flooded.  I guess that makes it easy to pick out the floodplain!

Rock River: "That's my secret. I'm always angry flooded".
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.