News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

FL-883 decommisioned already?

Started by rickmastfan67, February 05, 2010, 08:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Does anybody know what's up with FL-883?  It looks like it has been decommisioned.  It's no longer in the GIS data (02-01-10).  The last time it was in the GIS data was back in November.  Anybody with info about this?

florida

It can't be. District 3 stated, late last year, there were no plans to add or delete and roads on the SHS.
So many roads...so little time.

rickmastfan67

Well, it's gone completely from the most current GIS data.

florida

I guess it has been deleted. It's not highlighted on the Federal Aid maps anymore.

florida

From District 3, "This segment of roadway was given back to the city so it was taken off of the state road system.  We will still inventory it as 60050000 off-system, but it is no longer SR 883.  If you have any more questions, please let me know.  Thanks."

rickmastfan67

florida

No problem. They also deleted SR 2A in Campbellton (the old alignment of SR 2 in that area).

Alex

All of the 400 series county roads are removed from the GIS data in Escambia County with the exception of CR-453 (W Street) as well. CR 493 and 443 shields were still posted on US 90 the last time I drove through there however. Steffani Road's 400 series numbering is also gone.

Interestingly enough CR-298A is still shown along Jackson Street. There are no signs for it and the only indication that it is a county road are shields for CR-453 (W Street) on Jackson Street itself.

Have to check to see if the green text signs for Business 331 are still signed in Freeport.

florida

I could never get any good mileage/termini for CR 443 and Escambia CR 493. Do either of you have archived GIS data from FDOT? If so, how far back?

Alex

Quote from: florida on February 09, 2010, 03:23:08 AM
I could never get any good mileage/termini for CR 443 and Escambia CR 493. Do either of you have archived GIS data from FDOT? If so, how far back?

I may have some files saved from 2007 in my archives...

FLRoads

Since it will be sunny here tomorrow (for a change), I will try and get over there to Freeport to see if they have already dismantled the Florida 883 shields.

FLRoads

Went over to Freeport this afternoon to check out the status of Florida 883. There are still shields posted along Florida 20 at its southern end and along US 331 on its northern end. But as far as any mainline Florida 883 shields, they are now gone; though it is beyond me why they would only remove the mainline shields and not the other shields...

Alex

Lame considering the remaining FL-883 shields on SR-20 are date stamped 2007!

florida

I'm assuming you have pictures of them ;)

FLRoads

Quote from: florida on February 14, 2010, 03:19:43 AM
I'm assuming you have pictures of them ;)

Indeed. Will post sometime today :)

FLRoads

Here are some 'before and after' pictures as promised:

Before:

The only northbound Florida 883 reassurance marker located after Florida 20. Photo taken 12/01/2008.

After:

Looking northward at the intersection of Florida 20, Walton County 83A, and the now decommissioned Florida 883 (note the northbound reassurance marker is now missing). Photo taken 02/13/2010.

Before:

Southbound Florida 883 reassurance marker located after U.S. 331. Photo taken 12/01/2008.

After:

Approaching the intersection with U.S. 331. Notice that there is no longer a southbound reassurance marker for Florida 883. Photo taken 02/13/2010.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.