Regional Boards > Northwest

Does Seattle have long term plans for I-5?

<< < (2/8) > >>

OCGuy81:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on August 02, 2023, 05:34:21 PM ---Or you could just do what I did when I went up to Seattle back in March: Drive up WA 99 from Tacoma to Everett :bigass:

--- End quote ---

Even getting to WA99 can be a challenge.  I think 5 is bad from Olympia all the way to Everett. 

Max Rockatansky:
99 as someone who works in Washington but doesn’t live there is far less useful than it used to be given the Alaskan Way Tunnel is tolled.  A lot of the SeaTac rental car companies (which unfortunately my employer selects) penalize you for using the tunnel rather than just adding the toll to your agreement final bill. 

Bickendan:

--- Quote from: OCGuy81 on August 03, 2023, 08:23:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bickendan on August 02, 2023, 05:34:21 PM ---Or you could just do what I did when I went up to Seattle back in March: Drive up WA 99 from Tacoma to Everett :bigass:

--- End quote ---

Even getting to WA99 can be a challenge.  I think 5 is bad from Olympia all the way to Everett. 

--- End quote ---
I cheated. I took WA 507, 702, and 7 to get around Olympia and JBLM.
Getting through Yelm was annoying.

Bruce:
If I'm heading south into Seattle at an inopportune time, my go-to move is to take the train from Northgate or leave I-5 near Green Lake and take local streets over to the start of SR 99's expressway section.

If I have to be in Tacoma, I'm not going during rush hour. That's just asking for trouble. Same with trying to travel north from Everett after Boeing's shift change.

Plutonic Panda:
It needs to be expanded regardless. Traffic won’t ever be fixed for peak hours but it can help shorter the rush hour window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version