Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

CA 71

(1/5) > >>

Max Rockatansky:
California State Route 71 is a 16-mile state highway which exists in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area.  California State Route 71 begins at California State Route 57 in Pomona.  From California State Route 57 the routing of California State Route 71 is generally comprised the Chino Valley Freeway south to California State Route 91.  California State Route 71 is one of the original Sign State Route designations from 1934.  California State Route 71 once spanned from US Route 66 in Claremont south to US Route 80 in San Diego.  Portions of California State Route 71 would in time become components of US Route 395, Interstate 15, California State Route 215, California State Route 79 and California State Route 371.  Featured as the blog cover is California State Route 71 passing through Temescal Canyon during 1941.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2023/11/california-state-route-71.html?m=1

bing101:

I remember this one CA-71 had an at grade section even though its called Chino Valley Freeway.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pinnp2XlVIU

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR6DKP9SAow

Quillz:
CA-71 is one of the most interesting routes from a historical perspective, given how drastically it changed. Reminds me a lot of CA-24 in NorCal, now the modern routing is such a small portion of the full extent.

Alps:

--- Quote from: bing101 on November 05, 2023, 12:39:40 PM ---
I remember this one CA-71 had an at grade section even though its called Chino Valley Freeway.

--- End quote ---
When I clinched CA 71, they were just starting to convert the last, northernmost signal to an interchange. Work is long done and that half hour of delay is long gone.

cahwyguy:

--- Quote from: Quillz on November 05, 2023, 06:32:32 PM ---CA-71 is one of the most interesting routes from a historical perspective, given how drastically it changed. Reminds me a lot of CA-24 in NorCal, now the modern routing is such a small portion of the full extent.

--- End quote ---

It's also one of five routes in the state with backwards postmiles (i.e., going from N to S), because of its history. The others are Route 153, Route 282, I-580, and I-780. This is because the postmiles date to the 1964 Route 71, which was a West-East route.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version