Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Tesla Road

(1/2) > >>

thsftw:
In the Bay Area, it seems as though Tesla Road is the only other way to get to the valley from Livermore but it has no development around it. I noticed the new Tracy Hills development is on the I-5 end of the road, but I'm curious if Caltrans has ever studied widening/making it a freeway since 580 is about at its brink on the Altamont. It doesn't seem too curvy or impassible either.

cahwyguy:

--- Quote from: thsftw on November 16, 2023, 04:54:49 PM ---In the Bay Area, it seems as though Tesla Road is the only other way to get to the valley from Livermore but it has no development around it. I noticed the new Tracy Hills development is on the I-5 end of the road, but I'm curious if Caltrans has ever studied widening/making it a freeway since 580 is about at its brink on the Altamont. It doesn't seem too curvy or impassible either.

--- End quote ---

I"m not aware of any such study. They do have unconstructed Route 130 to the S.

Quillz:

--- Quote from: cahwyguy on November 16, 2023, 05:03:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: thsftw on November 16, 2023, 04:54:49 PM ---In the Bay Area, it seems as though Tesla Road is the only other way to get to the valley from Livermore but it has no development around it. I noticed the new Tracy Hills development is on the I-5 end of the road, but I'm curious if Caltrans has ever studied widening/making it a freeway since 580 is about at its brink on the Altamont. It doesn't seem too curvy or impassible either.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
When we say "unconstructed," are we referring to road that doesn't actually exist, or an actual drivable road that exists but isn't yet state maintained?

Alps:
No.

pderocco:

--- Quote from: Quillz on November 16, 2023, 05:26:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: cahwyguy on November 16, 2023, 05:03:59 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
When we say "unconstructed," are we referring to road that doesn't actually exist, or an actual drivable road that exists but isn't yet state maintained?

--- End quote ---

The road goes all the way through the mountains, and the county has put up some route 130 signs, even though it's not a state highway east of Mt. Hamilton. (Lovely 3hr drive, by the way.) But those mountains would be a lot harder to cut a freeway through than the Tesla Rd route. We can dream, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version