News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Heck, I remember seeing -173°C somewhere in real life. Again, something was bugged.

So now is no longer raining here, clouds are getting away leaving a sunny day (Again, check my profile for my local hour before saying it cannot be sunny in the middle of the night :sombrero:).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

noelbotevera

I saw 70 degrees as a high in the middle of February....and the actual temperature was only as high as 30 degrees. It's a bug, I know, but those bugs are hilarious.

Pete from Boston

-7° F tonight, 18 mph wind, about -30° F wind chill.  Fingers crossed for this pattern to bring a return of heavy snows soon.

cl94

-2 and falling. Was -4 in Warrensburg 3 hours ago. Wind chill in Troy is -25 and it's going to fall as the temperature gets colder. Skies are clear, so I expect at least -10.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

allniter89

clear & 34 now expecting a low of 28, that's 13 below aver.
Sunday sunny, high 60, that's 6 below aver, low 43 which is 2 above aver.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Crestview&state=FL&site=MOB&lat=30.7522&lon=-86.5748
http://www.sercc.com/cgi-bin/sercc/cliMAIN.pl?fl198
Which weather service do you rely on for the most consistently accurate forecast? I rely on NOAA.

BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

cl94

We've cracked -10 in Troy. Wind chill is -33 and the temperature is supposed to fall even further. 45 miles north of me in Queensbury, it's -12 and forecast to hit -20 actual temperature. Skies are pretty clear. I haven't stepped outside in 7 hours, nor do I plan to until the temperature nears zero.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Rothman

Yep. -10 here, too.  17 mph wind.  Unlike cl94, I ventured out. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cl94

Quote from: Rothman on February 14, 2016, 12:25:54 AM
Yep. -10 here, too.  17 mph wind.  Unlike cl94, I ventured out. :D

I was up in Glens Falls earlier. It was brutal walking along Glen Street. Even 7-8 hours ago, it was -6 with -20 wind chill.

Pete from Boston

-6 here.  Given last year, it's only a ripple.

Thing 342

Currently 8 here. Currently expecting another 6-12" of snow on Monday.

froggie

Bottomed out at -24F this morning.  Temperature, not the wind chill...

1995hoo

Our deck at 10:00 this morning. That sort of path in the foreground was created by a squirrel who was out there when I came downstairs at 7:30. The path is no longer visible as I type this at about 10:35. Not a lot of snow, but it's supposed to turn to sleet and freezing rain this afternoon. No plows yet either, naturally. The snow is deeper around the front of the house and in the driveway due to the direction in which the wind blows.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

noelbotevera

Right now, 21 degrees Fahrenheit here, feels like 13 degrees, and snow is in 47 minutes, later becomes ice. Minor amount, 2-4 inches. Probably why it's so cloudy.

english si

Sunny for the second day in a row - which is the first time in ages (early December?).

Yesterday had much stronger wind, which was bitingly cold, but today is still cold (reached a high of 40 today - which is a cold high for this part of the world), but doesn't feel bad with just a thick jumper. Still that annoying deception of warmth, due to not being dreary and wet looking, but rather bright and sunny (really bad in the mornings as sunny mornings are cold mornings in winter, but warm the rest of the year), but at least you don't need a windproof coat and some other layers.

Alex

Murky day here with afternoon temperatures in the low 70s.

kkt

Heavy overcast, drizzle with periods of showers, expected to continue for at least a week.

Rothman

Going to be 53°F today and rainy (see posts above :D).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

dcbjms

Quote from: Rothman on February 16, 2016, 08:52:12 AM
Going to be 53°F today and rainy (see posts above :D).

Same here on the other side of the US, starting this afternoon, which would be good for melting snow.  I'm currently trying to dig the cul-de-sac out of the snowpile the plows left so that the rain would find an easier way to get there.

roadman

The Boston area saw ice over 1/2 to 2 inches of snow overnight, now 45 degrees out and melting.  Heavy rain, thunderstorms, and gale force winds forecast for late afternoon and evening.

Proving the old addage "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a minute."
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jeffandnicole

Quote from: roadman on February 16, 2016, 10:53:18 AM
The Boston area saw ice over 1/2 to 2 inches of snow overnight, now 45 degrees out and melting.  Heavy rain, thunderstorms, and gale force winds forecast for late afternoon and evening.

Proving the old addage "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a minute."

The Philly area is even more dramatic. About 2" of snow on Sunday, and currently it's in the upper 50's.

cl94

It's nuts here. It's a full 60 degrees warmer than it was less than 3 days ago. Pouring rain.

freebrickproductions

52 and overcast here in Huntsville, AL currently.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CNGL-Leudimin

Yes! Winter is finally here! Current temperature is 34°F. AccuWeather is pretty wrong, it states 20 mph winds but there is no wind now...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Desert Man

Can't this heat go away? 94 degrees!!! A storm front passes by on Thu. with temps 20 degrees cooler in the 70s and some cloudiness.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: cl94 on February 16, 2016, 02:11:33 PM
It's nuts here. It's a full 60 degrees warmer than it was less than 3 days ago. Pouring rain.

63-degree swing here in 2-1/2 days.  First day without full long underwear in weeks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.