AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: General NBA thread  (Read 73723 times)

Ted$8roadFan

• Last Login: Today at 07:17:40 PM
Re: General NBA thread
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2022, 05:25:51 AM »

What a day. I never expected the Celtics to win by as much as they did or that the Suns would have an epic fail. Wow. On to the Conference Finals.   

gr8daynegb

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2022, 11:06:06 AM »

What a day. I never expected the Celtics to win by as much as they did or that the Suns would have an epic fail. Wow. On to the Conference Finals.

Celtics got hot.  And when you get later into last games teams sometimes do the hail mary-ish approach that either works or you get blown out.  Middleton being out for series maybe could have made the difference. But Bucks blew their chances when they had them so not feeling sorry.

As for the Suns......I don't know what was going through their heads.  That was biggest no show for a game 7 that I have ever seen.
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Henry

• Last Login: Today at 10:22:35 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2022, 12:57:57 PM »

So for the fourth straight year, there'll be no repeat champion, thanks to the Celtics' historic Game 7 win over the Bucks...

I feel bad for Chris Paul, because he really deserved to win a ring. The NBA's biggest problem is that it has far too many players who've never won any.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

gr8daynegb

« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2022, 02:30:58 PM »

So for the fourth straight year, there'll be no repeat champion, thanks to the Celtics' historic Game 7 win over the Bucks...

I feel bad for Chris Paul, because he really deserved to win a ring. The NBA's biggest problem is that it has far too many players who've never won any.

He's a HOF caliber type player that could very well could have won many rings. Not gonna feel too sorry for him.  He has spent many years and been on teams built to make runs for titles.  He hasn't been Kevin Garnett having his talents wasted as a Timberwolf(before trade to Boston).  I hope he gets one, but thinking of the Malones, Barkley's, Ewing's of years gone by Paul will not on top of list of players I wished won it all.  If anything it makes that club mean that much more once you enter it or have repeat memberships to the Rings club. 

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 09:57:10 PM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2022, 02:35:24 PM »

Is anyone really surprised a Chris Paul team gagged in the playoffs again?

JayhawkCO

• Last Login: Today at 08:40:05 PM
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2022, 03:13:29 PM »

I'm not a stan for CP3, but it wasn't his fault no one could hit a damn thing. Booker was brutal. Paul is obviously more of a facilitator than scorer, so if the rest of his team is garbage, he's not going to look good from a stats POV. But, I don't think even a good not great Booker and co. was beating Luka and Dinwiddie last night.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »

I'm not a stan for CP3, but it wasn't his fault no one could hit a damn thing. Booker was brutal. Paul is obviously more of a facilitator than scorer, so if the rest of his team is garbage, he's not going to look good from a stats POV. But, I don't think even a good not great Booker and co. was beating Luka and Dinwiddie last night.

Yes, hence why I chose the wording of “team”  in there.  For whatever reason this seems to be a theme where nobody can suddenly hit anything when it counts on notable teams that Chris Paul has been part of. 

JayhawkCO

« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2022, 03:30:57 PM »

Yes, hence why I chose the wording of “team”  in there.  For whatever reason this seems to be a theme where nobody can suddenly hit anything when it counts on notable teams that Chris Paul has been part of.

Gotcha. I had read it as a critique of CP3 himself. I now understand we're on the same page. :)

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: Today at 03:51:37 PM
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2022, 04:07:19 PM »

Missing one of their studs finally caught up to Milwaukee and Boston was able to grind them down.
Entertaining series, at least.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JayhawkCO

« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2022, 04:09:21 PM »

Missing one of their studs finally caught up to Milwaukee and Boston was able to grind them down.
Entertaining series, at least.

If Middleton was playing, it's a completely different series. They got jack shit out of Grayson Allen or whoever else was trying to play the 3.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »

Gotcha. I had read it as a critique of CP3 himself. I now understand we're on the same page. :)

Even stranger to me is how the Suns have never had an NBA championship with so many really good teams over so many eras. 

Roadgeekteen

• Limon should not be a control city

• Last Login: February 01, 2024, 11:41:55 AM
« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2022, 11:41:10 PM »

OMG that was way too close was sweating at the end
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2022, 11:51:18 PM »

am always glad when heat lose but now need my least favorite city of sports to lose plz

Rothman

• Last Login: Today at 07:50:09 PM
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2022, 01:14:22 AM »

am always glad when heat lose but now need my least favorite city of sports to lose plz
Let the hate flow through you. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Henry

• Last Login: Today at 10:22:35 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2022, 12:39:52 PM »

I feel the same way, but as a former L.A. resident, since both teams can't lose, I'll have to root against the team that plays the Lakers more often in the regular season, therefore...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Rothman

« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »

I feel the same way, but as a former L.A. resident, since both teams can't lose, I'll have to root against the team that plays the Lakers more often in the regular season, therefore...
Go Celts!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2022, 12:46:56 PM »

I’m invested in Golden State winning for several reasons:

-  I hate the Lakers from being a Pistons fan and I’m surrounded by their fans.  It feels a little strange to me that Lakers fandom persists this far north in California given how good Golden State has been. 
-  I also hate the Celtics due to being a Pistons fan. 

formulanone

• latest clinch

• Last Login: Today at 09:14:36 PM
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2022, 09:03:17 AM »

I feel like Darth Vader rooting for Golden State.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2022, 09:24:58 AM »

As opposed to the much more traditional Evil Empire that is the Celtics? 

Rothman

« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2022, 09:26:27 AM »

Didn't get more evil than the Pistons.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2022, 09:30:59 AM »

Didn't get more evil than the Pistons.

Got me there.  All the same it was a lot of fun watching Michael Jordan not getting his way for years because of the thuggery tactics used against him and the Bulls.  Almost equally as enjoyable when the Lakers tried to buy a championship with Karl Malone and Gary Peyton but didn’t get their way either. 

gr8daynegb

« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2022, 09:38:14 AM »

And Emperor Palpatine is rooting for the Celtics.

And my team, the Bucks, are Hans Solo frozen in carbonite until next season.......

stlukeyo7

• Last Login: June 09, 2022, 08:39:32 AM
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »

golden state play some awesome basketball! if palpatine was that baller i would have supported the dark side but we all know he did not have a chance against mace window. boston celtics are really a bit of a basketcase with tatum having to become a distributor to make this work. fair play to him and hes ballin out but this team was not built this way and it is all smoke and mirrors really.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 12:08:05 PM by stlukeyo7 »

gr8daynegb

« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2022, 06:16:47 PM »

golden state play some awesome basketball! if palpatine was that baller i would have supported the dark side but we all know he did not have a chance against mace window. boston are really a bit of a basketcase with tatum having to become a distributor to make this work. fair play to him and hes ballin out but this team was not built this way and it is all smoke and mirrors really.

Now if we had to decide which NBA team is Jar Jar I nominate the Knicks  :awesomeface: :popcorn:

kurumi

• Last Login: Today at 10:06:26 PM
    • kurumi.com
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2022, 01:28:07 AM »

It's basically Lakers v. Nets like we all expected at the start of the season, but off target by 200-400 miles on each end.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.