News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on November 26, 2020, 12:32:40 AM
This has been a rough year to be a Patriots fan. Go Bucs I guess.
Good. I hope you have many, many rough years for both of those teams.

US 89

This has been a rough year to be a Patriots fan.

Oh come on, the Pats are only 4-6. Just because for once they aren't at the top of the division winning nearly every game doesn't make their season "rough" . For an idea of what a rough season looks like, look at the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, or any NFC East team...

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Alps on November 26, 2020, 01:36:13 AM
Well as mediocre as the Patriots are, both NJ teams are worse.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

thspfc

Here we go again with Alps and his hate towards teams that win. No wonder he's a Jets fan and a Michigan fan

thspfc

Quote from: US 89 on November 26, 2020, 01:45:38 AM

Oh come on, the Pats are only 4-6. Just because for once they aren't at the top of the division winning nearly every game doesn't make their season "rough" . For an idea of what a rough season looks like, look at the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, or any NFC East team...
It's rough in comparison to steamrolling the entire rest of the division and cruising to a first round bye.
And seriously RGT, your team hasn't had a bad year since the turn of the century. I think you can put up with one season of mediocrity before you jump "ship" (get it?)
I've been rooting for the Cowboys for the last couple years and it's been nothing but disappointment, but I'm not abandoning them.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: thspfc on November 26, 2020, 09:23:10 AM
Here we go again with Alps and his hate towards teams that win. No wonder he's a Jets fan and a Michigan fan

Alps is one of 80% of the country that hate the Pats. The other 20% are Pats fans that still whine they only won 6 Superbowls, or people that don't care about foosball.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 26, 2020, 09:52:34 AM

Alps is one of 80% of the country that hate the Pats. The other 20% are Pats fans that still whine they only won 6 Superbowls, or people that don't care about foosball.

Most NFL fans don't care for the Patriots.  Even out west with completely unassociated fan bases there is a lot of statements of discontent that go around.  There was a similar phenomenon with the Cowboys in the 1990s and 49ers in the 1980s. 

Alps

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2020, 12:05:15 PM

Most NFL fans don't care for the Patriots.  Even out west with completely unassociated fan bases there is a lot of statements of discontent that go around.  There was a similar phenomenon with the Cowboys in the 1990s and 49ers in the 1980s. 
Did those teams face multiple allegations and proven instances of cheating?

Alps

You seem like a hit at parties.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Alps on November 26, 2020, 01:00:11 PM

Did those teams face multiple allegations and proven instances of cheating?

No, but I would argue they were about as equally as unliked nonetheless.  There was even a "49ers suck"  chant that we would do on the bus in suburban to Detroit which upset the driver.

jeffandnicole

The rest of the NFC East still hate the Cowboys. Many around the country hate Jerry Jones. But since they haven't won a Superbowl in a generation, they aren't the America's Team they once were.

webny99

For an idea of what a rough season looks like, look at the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, or any NFC East team...

The NFC East, however, belongs in a category of their own, because while all four teams are historically bad, all four teams are also historically relevant, because one of them will make the playoffs, and all four have a realistic shot. A chaotic bloodbath if I've ever seen one.

Put another way, you'd rather be any NFC East team than the Lions, Panthers, Pats, or Broncos, because none of those teams have a realistic chance to make the postseason despite a better record than the every NFC East team.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on November 26, 2020, 01:49:00 PM
For an idea of what a rough season looks like, look at the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, or any NFC East team...

The NFC East, however, belongs in a category of their own, because while all four teams are historically bad, all four teams are also historically relevant, because one of them will make the playoffs, and all four have a realistic shot. A chaotic bloodbath if I've ever seen one.

Put another way, you'd rather be any NFC East team than the Lions, Panthers, Pats, or Broncos, because none of those teams have a realistic chance to make the postseason despite a better record than the every NFC East team.

And none of those four NFC teams realistically have a shot in any playoff matchup. 

webny99

It wouldn't shock me if an NFC East team won a playoff game, though. After all, this is 2020; it would be fitting if one of them ended up in the NFC championship.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: thspfc on November 26, 2020, 09:26:45 AM

It's rough in comparison to steamrolling the entire rest of the division and cruising to a first round bye.
And seriously RGT, your team hasn't had a bad year since the turn of the century. I think you can put up with one season of mediocrity before you jump "ship" (get it?)
I've been rooting for the Cowboys for the last couple years and it's been nothing but disappointment, but I'm not abandoning them.
I'm not jumping ship, I'm still a Pat's fan just rooting for the Bucs on the side this year
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US 89

Quote from: webny99 on November 26, 2020, 02:37:58 PM
It wouldn't shock me if an NFC East team won a playoff game, though. After all, this is 2020; it would be fitting if one of them ended up in the NFC championship.

...by which time it will be 2021

webny99

Quote from: US 89 on November 26, 2020, 02:42:04 PM

...by which time it will be 2021

... which, if you expect 2021 to be a byproduct of 2020, makes it all the more fitting.

thspfc

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 26, 2020, 01:38:26 PM

The rest of the NFC East still hate the Cowboys. Many around the country hate Jerry Jones. But since they haven't won a Superbowl in a generation, they aren't the America's Team they once were.
They still draw bigger ratings than any other team.

thspfc

The winner of the NFC East is most likely going to get either the Seahawks or Rams. Barring a massive turnaround I give them little chance in that matchup. Rams have already beaten all four NFCE teams, and that was early in the season when the losing teams were healthy. Seahawks still have to play three of the four though.

mgk920

Yeah, hey, whatareyou whining about?  You could be rooting for the 3-6-1 Eagles!

:-o

Mike

CoreySamson

Texans improved to 4-7 with a win over the Lions today, and I dare say Romeo Crennel has done a heck of a job with this team over the last couple weeks, considering their flaws. Deshaun Watson is playing lights out and hasn't thrown an interception in weeks. Sadly, I don't think the future is that bright for the Texans considering their lack of future draft picks.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

thspfc

Quote from: CoreySamson on November 26, 2020, 04:16:45 PM
Texans improved to 4-7 with a win over the Lions today, and I dare say Romeo Crennel has done a heck of a job with this team over the last couple weeks, considering their flaws. Deshaun Watson is playing lights out and hasn't thrown an interception in weeks. Sadly, I don't think the future is that bright for the Texans considering their lack of future draft picks.
Watson has been quitely playing like a top 5 QB this season. He just isn't winning because Houston's defense is useless.

1995hoo

Quote from: mgk920 on November 26, 2020, 03:55:27 PM

Yeah, hey, whatareyou whining about?  You could be rooting for the 3-6-1 Eagles!

:-o

Mike

You mean the second-place Eagles.

:bigass:

(My autocorrect recognizes "bigass"  by now!)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Big John

Lions fire Head Coach Patrica(sp?) and GM Quinn today.

thspfc

Quote from: Big John on November 28, 2020, 03:22:14 PM
Lions fire Head Coach Patrica(sp?) and GM Quinn today.
It's about time. Patricia is right up there with Freddie Kitchens and Ben McAdoo in terms of the worst coaching hires recently.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.