News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on May 04, 2022, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 03:41:47 PM

Texans

:-D.  Sure you didn't mean to have several spaces between Panthers and Texans?
Texans are much better than Carolina IMO. Carolina's QB situation is so bad that it drags a merely below-average rest of their roster to the bottom of the league.

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: thspfc on May 04, 2022, 03:00:25 PM

Texans

Texans are much better than Carolina IMO. Carolina's QB situation is so bad that it drags a merely below-average rest of their roster to the bottom of the league.

But the Texans organization is such a train wreck.  No matter the talent on the field, they will find a way to be awful!

kevinb1994

Should be fun watching the Jags play the Broncos in London this year.  8-)

And it sure helps having a strong ABC affiliate in town (not just here, but in Denver too).

jgb191

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on May 04, 2022, 03:23:31 PM

Texans

But the Texans organization is such a train wreck.  No matter the talent on the field, they will find a way to be awful!

Fortunately we don't have to worry about that anymore.  Bill 0'Brien has been long gone, so the wreck has been cleared by his successor Nick Caserio who is rebuilding a new team.  Last fall, the Texans did better than the Lions and Jaguars, and tied the same record as both the New York teams.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: jgb191 on May 05, 2022, 04:16:46 AM
Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on May 04, 2022, 03:23:31 PM

Texans

Fortunately we don't have to worry about that anymore.  Bill 0'Brien has been long gone, so the wreck has been cleared by his successor Nick Caserio who is rebuilding a new team.  Last fall, the Texans did better than the Lions and Jaguars, and tied the same record as both the New York teams.

The company you keep.  It's like when my brother was in elementary school and I asked him how things were going and and he was super proud of himself that he was reading faster than the girl in the class that couldn't speak English. 

CoreySamson

I am legitimately impressed with how the Texans have rebuilt over the past two years. Going from an absolutely wrecked organization to a team that will likely become a contender again within a couple of years is no easy feat, but I think the Texans are going to pull it off. The source of the biggest problem they had last year, the absolutely putrid offensive play-calling, is gone, and in it's place is a coach (Pep Hamilton) who better understands his quarterback and offense. All of the 2021 Texans draftees had positive impacts as rookies, and this year's will probably be similar. The Texans, IMO, are better than the Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Giants, Jets, and Jaguars right now, and in 2024 or so, I can see them winning the AFC South again (Colts are treading water, Titans seem to be aging and will probably fall off a cliff in a couple years, Jags look as hopeless as ever). Plus now they have DeShaun off their hands and got a great deal for him.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

thspfc

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 05, 2022, 07:49:15 PM
I am legitimately impressed with how the Texans have rebuilt over the past two years. Going from an absolutely wrecked organization to a team that will likely become a contender again within a couple of years is no easy feat, but I think the Texans are going to pull it off. The source of the biggest problem they had last year, the absolutely putrid offensive play-calling, is gone, and in it's place is a coach (Pep Hamilton) who better understands his quarterback and offense. All of the 2021 Texans draftees had positive impacts as rookies, and this year's will probably be similar. The Texans, IMO, are better than the Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Giants, Jets, and Jaguars right now, and in 2024 or so, I can see them winning the AFC South again (Colts are treading water, Titans seem to be aging and will probably fall off a cliff in a couple years, Jags look as hopeless as ever). Plus now they have DeShaun off their hands and got a great deal for him.
Oh please. It seems that they're ahead of schedule, but it's still way to early for this kind of praise

thspfc

This is hilarious: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1522401817874903040

Read the questionable Twitter comments at your own risk.

NWI_Irish96

Jets
Seahawks
Commanders
Giants
Jaguars
Lions
Bears
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

I'm under no illusions that the Bears will be good this year, but the Lions are perpetually the lowest ranked team in the division until they prove they can finish higher.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

oscar

Jets
Seahawks
Commanders
Giants
Jaguars
Lions
Bears
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

Can't argue with the Panthers' ranking. They at least avoided the stupid move of drafting a QB early in round 1, having failed to trade down to get more picks. Let Sam Darnold keep getting pummeled, while the Panthers fix their O-line.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

JayhawkCO

Texans

I'm agreeing with this. Houston didn't play THAT bad at the end of last year. Carolina stunk up the place.

mgk920

Hmmmm, The Packers will be playing the Giants in London (Tottenham Hotpur) this coming October 9.

:-|

Interesting.

:popcorn:

Mike

tchafe1978

Quote from: mgk920 on May 07, 2022, 01:20:59 PM
Hmmmm, The Packers will be playing the Giants in London (Tottenham Hotpur) this coming October 9.

Interesting.

Mike

The Packers were the last team to have not played in one of the overseas games. With this being the first season they would've had a 9th home game, the Packers finally jumped at the opportunity since they wouldn't be losing much by having that 9th home game played in London. Plus the Packers are having a friendly soccer match this summer at Lambeau which will help make up for the lost revenue.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: tchafe1978 on May 08, 2022, 11:50:15 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on May 07, 2022, 01:20:59 PM

Interesting.

Mike

The Packers were the last team to have not played in one of the overseas games. With this being the first season they would've had a 9th home game, the Packers finally jumped at the opportunity since they wouldn't be losing much by having that 9th home game played in London. Plus the Packers are having a friendly soccer match this summer at Lambeau which will help make up for the lost revenue.

Notre Dame is playing there in 2026, rescheduled from 2020. Maybe the Packers will play overseas again that year, which would also be a 9 home game year.

Henry

According to this, Tom Brady is going to be a color analyst for Fox when he hangs it up for good. Someone tell Troy Aikman to watch his back because soon there'll be a new No. 1 at the network. (which, BTW, is still reeling from the loss of Joe Buck)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Henry on May 10, 2022, 01:57:43 PM
According to this, Tom Brady is going to be a color analyst for Fox when he hangs it up for good. Someone tell Troy Aikman to watch his back because soon there'll be a new No. 1 at the network. (which, BTW, is still reeling from the loss of Joe Buck)

Troy Aikman moved with Joe Buck to MNF.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 10, 2022, 02:43:50 PM

Indeed, so this screws over not Troy but whomever ends up joining Kevin Burkhardt on the #1 Fox crew this season (likely Greg Olsen), since now they'll go in knowing they're just keeping the seat warm for Brady.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: jmacswimmer on May 10, 2022, 02:46:35 PM

Indeed, so this screws over not Troy but whomever ends up joining Kevin Burkhardt on the #1 Fox crew this season (likely Greg Olsen), since now they'll go in knowing they're just keeping the seat warm for Brady.

Side note: ESPN traded the rights to the 2022 Notre Dame @ Ohio State game to FOX in exchange for FOX letting Buck out of his contract so he could sign with ESPN.

Henry

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 10, 2022, 02:53:30 PM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on May 10, 2022, 02:46:35 PM

Side note: ESPN traded the rights to the 2022 Notre Dame @ Ohio State game to FOX in exchange for FOX letting Buck out of his contract so he could sign with ESPN.
A sign I'm getting old: I momentarily forgot that Aikman and Buck will still be announcing together, but just on a new network.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

triplemultiplex

Awesome; I only "have" to listen to Troy Buck and Joe Aikman once next year.  Maybe never, if I just listen to GB's monday night game on the radio like this past season.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

thspfc

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 11, 2022, 04:23:23 PM
Awesome; I only "have" to listen to Troy Buck and Joe Aikman once next year.  Maybe never, if I just listen to GB's monday night game on the radio like this past season.
Or you could mute the TV?

Big John

Quote from: thspfc on May 11, 2022, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 11, 2022, 04:23:23 PM
Or you could mute the TV?
I believe that was implied when he said listen to the radio broadcast.

jgb191

As long as NBC keeps Carrie Underwoods in their Sunday Night intro musical, I'm good!
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

NWI_Irish96

Full 2022 schedule is released tonight. The Bears have an annual contest where you try to guess the full 18 game schedule, including bye week (opponents and locations are already known). The entry that gets the most right (or one randomly drawn entry from those tied with the most right) wins a pair of tickets to every 2022 game, home and away, with airfare, hotel, and $500 cash for each away game.

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 12, 2022, 07:22:29 AM
Full 2022 schedule is released tonight. The Bears have an annual contest where you try to guess the full 18 game schedule, including bye week (opponents and locations are already known). The entry that gets the most right (or one randomly drawn entry from those tied with the most right) wins a pair of tickets to every 2022 game, home and away, with airfare, hotel, and $500 cash for each away game.

Doesn't sound like a prize to me.  It sounds like torture seeing how you will be watching the Bears. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.