News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Liliana's random sign pictures

Started by LilianaUwU, June 06, 2021, 11:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Here, I'll put the random sign pictures I take.

First off, one of the sidewalks of the QC-360 over the Montmorency falls was (and still is, as of 6/6/2021) closed due to repairs.

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

LilianaUwU

A very hastily patched "rue piétonne" (pedestrian-only street) for the weekend closures of Rue Saint-Joseph during the summer. "PIÉTONNE" is patched over "BARRÉE", and to be honest, it would've worked just as well unpatched.

—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

Crossposting this one from the actual worst of road signs thread, here's one I found back in 2019 (maybe 2018?):

Quote from: LilianaUwU on June 28, 2021, 06:52:15 PM

(original size)
—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

I did walk on the brand-new sidewalk that thwarted my plans of going to Boischatel earlier this year. Once in Boischatel, I found those:

(Original)

(Original)

A stop sign that lights up on the corner of Avenue Royale and Rue Montmorency. It seems to be a bit old, considering the peeling paint on the bottom.

(Original)

(Original)

A flashing pedestrian sign. There is a $100 fine for not yielding to pedestrians (in that case, me, crossing twice to see that specific sign). The text in the arrow tells peds to "cross safely", and is non-standard.

(Original)

(Original)

A sign just before the crossing. It is a standard sign, but the pedestrian symbol is way too small. The rear picture shows that most signs in Boischatel are hung up with fancy posts, which would be a nightmare to do budget-wise in Québec City.
—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

A temporary sign totem I saw the other day:

—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

Quote from: LilianaUwU on June 23, 2021, 07:09:45 PM
A very hastily patched "rue piétonne" (pedestrian-only street) for the weekend closures of Rue Saint-Joseph during the summer. "PIÉTONNE" is patched over "BARRÉE", and to be honest, it would've worked just as well unpatched.

The sign they used this year isn't an afterthought, at least:

Rue piétonne (2022) by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

I've been slowly uploading some select pictures from my Magdalen Islands trip over on my Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilianauwu/
—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

I've been uploading select pictures of my Ontario trip. Again, the Flickr link is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilianauwu/
—Mr. Thwomp

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.