News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What Sports Teams Have You Seen Play?

Started by CoreySamson, December 23, 2021, 05:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreySamson

In person, of course. Can be either college or professional.

Here's mine:

NFL: 2/32
Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers

NBA: 6/30
Houston Rockets (x5) (strangely, every time I've seen them in person, they've won)
San Antonio Spurs
Memphis Grizzlies (x2)
Detroit Pistons
Sacramento Kings
Utah Jazz

MLB: 8/30
Houston Astros (x10) (witnessed 3 walk-off homers by them)
Texas Rangers
Seattle Mariners (x2)
Oakland Athletics
Kansas City Royals
San Diego Padres (x2) (both times I've seen them play the Astros, but one game was in San Diego and the other was in Houston)
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago Cubs

MLS:
Houston Dynamo (x2)
Chicago Fire
Columbus Crew

NCAAF:
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Georgia
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma State

NCAAB:
Memphis (x2)
IUPUI
Northeastern
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

TheHighwayMan3561

NFL: Bears, Giants, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Vikings (preseason: Cardinals)
NHL: Wild, Oilers, Flames
NBA: Wolves, Pacers, Kings, Thunder (probably one or two more opponents at Target Center I have forgotten)
MLB: Orioles, Yankees, Blue Jays, Tigers, Royals, Twins, Indians, White Sox, Astros, Mariners, Angels, Phillies, Cubs, Brewers, Cardinals, Pirates, D'Backs, Rockies, Dodgers (the bold means I have seen Twins/Orioles and Twins/Brewers at both teams' home ballparks)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Jim

I thought we'd done this before, but I'm finding old threads based on venues but not on teams.  So I'll see what I can come up with for my lists.

MLB is easy: I've been to all 30 current (and 12 former) ballparks, so I can be sure I've seen all current teams.  Add in Montreal before they moved, if you count the Expos and Nationals as different teams.

Minor League Baseball: too hard to count, as I've been to 57 MiLB parks, so it's probably somewhere around 100 different teams.  Not counting unaffiliated pro leagues or collegiate summer leagues.

NFL: home games only at Miami and Buffalo, I think.  I've probably been to 3 Dolphins games total, but I don't know who they played other than the 1998 playoff game there which was against the Bills.  I saw a Dolphins-Raiders preseason game at the LA Coliseum in 1985.

NHL: I've seen Islanders, Devils, Bruins, Lightning, and Thrashers home games.  I know the Devils played the Oilers, the Bruins played the Canadiens in at least one of the times I was there, the Thrashers played the Flames, and the Lightning played the Senators.  I wish I remembered who I saw the Bruins play when I saw a game at the old Boston Garden.  Probably 10-12 different NHL teams in person.

Minor league hockey: at least home games with the Capital District Islanders (who played a bit at RPI), Adirondack Red Wings, Albany River Rats, Portland Pirates, Florida Everblades, and Adirondack Phantoms.  No idea on opponents.

NBA: pretty sure it's only a Timberwolves game a very long time ago.  Who knows who they might have played...

College hockey: I'm pretty confident I've seen 57 of the current 59 D1 teams play in person (missing LIU which came into existence last season, and St. Thomas, which elevated to D1 this season).  Also some former D1 programs, including Illinois-Chicago, Alabama-Huntsville, Robert Morris, Wayne State, Alaska-Anchorage.  Also many D3 teams back before my Union Dutchmen elevated to D1 in 1991-92, and a couple games at Williams.

D1 College Basketball: only have been to some Siena home games, not sure who they played.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

NWI_Irish96

Home teams in ALL CAPS

NFL: BEARS, LIONS, Packers, Vikings, Saints, COLTS, Dolphins, Eagles

MLB: WHITE SOX, TWINS, TIGERS, Indians, Royals, YANKEES, ORIOLES, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Rays, RANGERS, ASTROS, Angels, Athletics, Mariners, BREWERS, REDS, Cubs, Cardinals, NATIONALS, BRAVES, DODGERS, GIANTS, ROCKIES

NBA: BULLS, PACERS, WIZARDS, Pistons, Bucks

NHL: BLACKHAWKS, Red Wings

NCAAF: NOTRE DAME, PURDUE, NORTHWESTERN, MICHIGAN STATE, Michigan, Penn State, Louisiana State, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Stanford, Southern Cal,  Boston College,  Pittsburgh,  Florida State, Louisville, Virginia, Texas, Brigham Young, Navy, Air Force, Bowling Green

Premier League/Bundesliga (Exhibition): Liverpool, Dortmund

=====

Other sports where I can list the teams I've seen play at home, but don't remember enough of their opponents to list any:

MLS: CHICAGO

NCAA MBB: NOTRE DAME, PURDUE, NORTHWESTERN, LOUISVILLE

NCAA WBB: NOTRE DAME

NCAA M Hockey: NOTRE DAME, MICHIGAN STATE

MiLB: LOUISVILLE, SOUTH BEND, LANSING, WEST MICHIGAN, GARY
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Billy F 1988

High School Prep Football: Frenchtown (MT) vs. Dillion - 2006 MHSA (Montana High School Assoc.) State A championship - very close battle; Dillon got the upper hand and won the State A title. It was Frenchtown's first appearance in the State A playoffs since moving from State B.

NCAA FCS: Montana and Sacramento State (it was a Grizzlies home game in c. 2017 as part of a Griz Kids promotion)

Pioneer League Baseball: Missoula Osprey (now the Paddleheads) - I've seen this team play the Billings Mustangs a few times
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Bruce

Been to quite a few Sounders games, so this isn't a complete list, but all I can remember or find in my Ticketmaster account.

MLS (11/28): Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, LA Galaxy, Minnesota United FC, New York City FC, Portland Timbers, Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City, Vancouver Whitecaps FC; Montreal Impact vs. Seattle Sounders

CONCACAF Champions League: Seattle Sounders vs. Santa Tecla

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers: United States MNT vs. Panama

NWSL (2/12): OL Reign vs. Portland Thorns

NFL (2/32): Seahwaks vs. Lions

MLB (2/30): Mariners vs. Angels

Bundesliga: Hertha BSC vs. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

(Bold indicates the home team)

CNGL-Leudimin

With the promotion and relegation system in place in Europe, the number of teams one have seen play can vary. For example, currently I have no teams in La Liga that I have seen play in person, but last season I had one.

I've seen many handball teams in action. One season I managed to see all 16 teams in the ASOBAL league (Spain's top tier) acting as away teams (I had to travel away for one game to accomplish that feat).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Henry

NFL: Bears, Rams, Seahawks
NHL: Blackhawks, Kings
NBA: Bulls, Lakers, Sonics
MLB: Cubs, White Sox, Dodgers, Mariners

Someday, I'd love to see the Kraken in person!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

jeffandnicole

I've never kept track, but in the MLB I'm very certain I'm seen all the NL teams, and most of the AL teams.

In the NFL I've probably seen most or all of the NFC teams, and many of the AFC teams.

jp the roadgeek

NHL: Bruins, Canadiens, Panthers, Lightning, Red Wings, Sabres, Maple Leafs, Senators, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Penguins, Capitals, Blues, Blackhawks, (North) Stars (saw both Minnesota and Dallas), Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Oilers, Canucks, Flames.  Only saw the Avs as the Nordiques and the Coyotes as the original Winnipeg Jets. And of course, I only saw the Hurricanes as the Hartford Whalers, because we had season tickets for years. 

NBA: Celtics, Pacers

NFL: Patriots, Seahawks

MLB: Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, Orioles, Blue Jays, Tigers, Indians, Royals, White Sox, Twins, Rangers, Angels, Mariners, A's, Mets, Cubs, Phillies, Pirates, Rockies, Reds.  Only saw the Nats as Les Expos.

Minor League Baseball: I saw numerous New Britain Red Sox games as a kid, probably against every team in the Eastern League in the late 80's/early 90's.  My only AAA game was at Victory Field in Indianapolis between the Indians and Louisville Bats
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints X 2(at LSU, after Katrina)
Philadelphia Phillies X 6
Columbus Clippers X 15
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Takumi

MLB: Baltimore Orioles (home team, twice), Oakland Athletics, Washington Nationals.
MiLB: Richmond Braves vs. unknown opponent (was in elementary school), Richmond Flying Squirrels, Bowie Baysox, Norfolk Tides (home), Durham Bulls.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

gonealookin

I'm not going to make a full list which would be absurdly extensive but will instead name a few defunct ones I can think of:

MLB:  Montreal Expos (not at home, but in San Diego, San Francisco and perhaps elsewhere)
NFL:  Oakland Raiders, at the Coliseum
NBA:  San Diego Clippers, at the Sports Arena
NHL:  California Golden Seals, at the Oakland Coliseum Arena

jlam

Here are all I can think of:

NFL
Denver Broncos
Washington Football Team

MLB
Colorado Rockies
Cincinnati Reds
Los Angeles Dodgers

Kind of disappointing.

kevinb1994

MiLB:
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (formerly the Jacksonville Suns) (NL's Marlins) (121 Financial Ballpark) (AAA, as they were in the 60s, though they were a AA team for a long time-since their restoration in 1970 by the Brewers of the AL and NL's Expos until recently)

NFL:
Giants (at old Giants Stadium) (NFC East)
Jags (TIAA Bank Field, built on the site of the old Gator Bowl, could see replacement at some point) (AFC South)

NCAAF:
Princeton Tigers (Ivy League) (Princeton Stadium, built on the site of Palmer Stadium)
Rutgers (Big 10) (SHI Stadium-it's formerly known as Rutgers Stadium, the same exact name of its predecessor that stood on the same site of what is now SHI Stadium)

NCAAB:
Rutgers (Big 10) (The RAC)

Side note: I was not aware of the RAC getting a name change to Jersey Mike's. But because of family history at RU, we still call it the RAC.

KeithE4Phx

Home teams only.  I've probably seen every MLB team at least once as the road team.

MLB:  Chicago White Sox (both parks), Chicago Cubs, Arizona Diamondbacks, Milwaukee Brewers (County Stadium), Boston Red Sox, San Francisco Giants (Candlestick Park)
MiLB:  Kane County Cougars, Phoenix Firebirds, San Jose Giants
NFL:  Arizona Cardinals (Sun Devil Stadium)
College:  Indiana Hoosiers, Arizona State Sun Devils, Mesa Community College Thunderbirds
Other:  Harlem Globetrotters (at Assembly Hall, Bloomington IN, and the Arizona State Fairgrounds Coliseum, Phoenix AZ)
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

KEVIN_224

Are we using past teams or current ones only? My only NHL games involved the Hartford Whalers (now Carolina Hurricanes). All were over 1989-90. My lone NHL road game was with the Hartford Whalers Booster Club. Saturday, October 28, 1989. Mike Liut and the Whale shoutout Boston 1-0 at the old Garden.

My NFL list is very short:

September 24, 2009 Seattle @ New England (Seattle 24-3!)
September 13, 2009 Dallas @ Tampa (Dallas won...a Sunday afternoon game at 1 PM in September.)

MLB would include a half dozen or so Yankees games at the old stadium and three games at the current park (July 30, 2011 against Baltimore, playoff loss against Detroit in 2011 and an early 2012 game against Minnesota). Been to Fenway and the Red Sox in 1989 (against Milwaukee) and 2015 (against Tampa). I was at Shea Stadium once in 1996 (against Saint Louis) and CitiField in 2018 (against Miami).

I've never been to an NBA game in person.

Max Rockatansky

The only NFL teams I haven't seen play are the Panthers and Texans.  I've seen every MLB team and NBA team play except the Pelicans.  I'd have to sit and think about the NHL given some of the cities/names have changed but it's at least half. 

I had the advantage of having a Dad who was a huge sports fan and loved to travel to watch any sports game he could.  I lived in the Phoenix and Orlando areas which helped flesh out who I could see with the MLB via Spring Training.  When the Pistons have been good I've always gone out my way to see them play.  I went to a lot of Red Wings home games and very few on the road compared to the other sports. 

Roadgeekteen

Not many:

Boston Red Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays and some other teams that I forgot

New England Revolution vs Toronto FC

UMass Football vs Eastern Michigan and URI

UMass men's Basketball vs Harvard

UMass Men's hockey vs Merrimack and UMass Lowell

UMass Women's Basketball vs Harvard and Iona

UMass Women's soccer vs St. Bonaventure
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

1995hoo

This is simply too hard for me to figure out because I've never actively kept track. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Washington Capitals play every NHL franchise except the Seattle Kraken. Beyond that, in the other pro sports and in college football, and basketball, I just don't know.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

triplemultiplex

I've been to enough baseball games in Milwaukee to where I'm sure I've seen every NL team in person along with a handful of AL teams.  For sure the Twins and Red Sox; beyond that I don't recall.
Watched an AAA game between the Salt Lake and Fresno.

Only been to a couple NBA games; there was Milwaukee v Orlando and then I don't remember who else I saw the Bucks play.

Been to Lambeau at least 6 or 7 times, can't remember every opponent.  Pretty sure I've seen the Pack play Minnesota and San Francisco.  Maybe Arizona?  I wonder how many of those ticket stubs I kept.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Roadgeekteen

If AAA counts I saw the Pawtucket Red Sox
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ftballfan

I've never seen an NBA or NHL game in person, but I have been to NFL and MLB games:
NFL: Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions
MLB: Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays, Philadelphia Phillies, Washington Nationals (probably missing a few)

golden eagle

Tennessee Oilers (transitioning from Houston to what's now the Tennessee Titans. Saw them the one year they played in Memphis)
Atlanta Hawks
Southern Miss Golden Eagles (went to school there)
Chicago White Sox (I hate the WS, but cousin had free tickets, so I went)
Florida Gators football (spring football game)
Jackson State football
Mississippi Braves (AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves)

JayhawkCO

MLB - I've been to home games of Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas City, and the Yankees.  I've likely seen every MLB team oppose them.
NFL - I've been to home games of Minnesota, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Seattle, and Jacksonville.  I've likely seen every NFL team oppose them.
NBA - I've been to home games of Minnesota and Denver.  I've probably seen about half the NBA teams oppose them.
NHL - I've been to home games of Minnesota and Colorado.  I've maybe seen a quarter of the NHL teams oppose them.
MLS - I've been to home games of Kansas City and Colorado.  I've likely seen every MLS team oppose them.
NCAA - I've been to home games (in basketball and football) of Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota, Colorado State, Northwestern, and Air Force.  I've also been to the Tangerine Bowl and Gator Bowl a couple of times.  I've maybe seen 75 teams oppose them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.