AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BASE-BALL  (Read 177338 times)

Takumi

• now with even more cars!

• Last Login: August 07, 2022, 09:12:17 PM
    • The Practical Hoon (blog)
Re: BASE-BALL
« Reply #1475 on: August 02, 2022, 11:51:03 PM »

Just an idea: can a team get a bit more for their trade if they trade away someone currently on base (especially third)? If so, does someone replace him, or is the player considered out? I do understand that the player the team receives can't play in that game, as the player lists are decided before the game starts.

More likely is that another team (likely the team they're playing against) makes a higher offer to try to get the player off base.

He comes out of the game at the next stoppage after he’s traded.
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don’t @ me. Seriously.

amroad17

• Last Login: Today at 12:25:29 AM
« Reply #1476 on: August 02, 2022, 11:56:59 PM »

Very sad news tonight.  Vin Scully, the greatest play-caller in the history of baseball, died today at age 94.  RIP, Vin.

https://www.foxla.com/news/dodgers-icon-vin-scully-dies-at-94.amp
I listened to him for many years on the NBC telecasts in the 1970's and 1980's.  His radio calls of Henry Aaron's 715th HR and Kirk Gibson's GW Game 1 HR in the 1988 World Series are the standards for how a radio announcer should call historic moments.  He rarely, if ever, let himself be the focus of the game--he allowed the game to be the focus.

RIP to the greatest baseball announcer in history!!!  :-(  :cheers:
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: August 06, 2022, 09:35:23 PM
« Reply #1477 on: August 03, 2022, 12:15:48 PM »

Yeah, RIP to probably the most iconic voice in the history of baseball.

As far as the Brewers trades.  I'm underwhelmed.  Still feels like a team that will lose its first playoff series (assuming they stay on top of the dividsion). Again.

San Diego, though; look out, LA.  They're comin' for you!
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Henry

• Last Login: August 07, 2022, 11:06:10 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #1478 on: August 03, 2022, 12:39:46 PM »

Very sad news tonight.  Vin Scully, the greatest play-caller in the history of baseball, died today at age 94.  RIP, Vin.

https://www.foxla.com/news/dodgers-icon-vin-scully-dies-at-94.amp
I listened to him for many years on the NBC telecasts in the 1970's and 1980's.  His radio calls of Henry Aaron's 715th HR and Kirk Gibson's GW Game 1 HR in the 1988 World Series are the standards for how a radio announcer should call historic moments.  He rarely, if ever, let himself be the focus of the game--he allowed the game to be the focus.

RIP to the greatest baseball announcer in history!!!  :-(  :cheers:
Of course, as a Cubs fan, I grew up listening to Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray, but I'll admit that they were no match for Vin Scully, who I adopted as my second home announcer when I moved west. From Brooklyn to Los Angeles, he was a legend, and had many great moments as the longest-tenured announcer for one team. My favorite memory of Scully was when he called Kirk Gibson's walkoff HR in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series, which sparked the Dodgers to the championship that year, and I'm glad he got to see them win it all again 32 years later. Here's to Vin and a life well lived.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

gr8daynegb

• Last Login: August 05, 2022, 07:11:47 PM
« Reply #1479 on: August 03, 2022, 04:14:00 PM »

Yeah, RIP to probably the most iconic voice in the history of baseball.

As far as the Brewers trades.  I'm underwhelmed.  Still feels like a team that will lose its first playoff series (assuming they stay on top of the dividsion). Again.

San Diego, though; look out, LA.  They're comin' for you!

And Brewers DFA Dinelson Lamet to activate Freddie Peralta.

I get that Lamet was one of the least valuable pieces the Brewers got back in this trade.......but when you trade away a player that is considered maybe the best at his position it's unacceptable/idiotic to be getting back anyone you would be cutting in less than a week.  This isn't gonna help sell that trade any better,
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Henry

• Last Login: August 07, 2022, 11:06:10 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #1480 on: August 04, 2022, 10:20:49 AM »

So much for Willson Contreras and Ian Happ leaving the Cubs; they're going to ride out the season with the team, and then after that, who knows? I'm glad that I'll be seeing one of the last remaining members of the 2016 World Champions still play in the Friendly Confines amidst an uncertain future.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.