News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by webny99 - Today at 10:42:47 AM
Quote from: ilpt4u on May 02, 2024, 01:24:36 PMWeren't the others I-85/Georgia and I-10/Cali?

I-95 in Philly is probably what the thread title is referencing.
Pacific Southwest / Re: 🛣 Headlines About Californ...
Last post by cahwyguy - Today at 10:21:26 AM
Quote from: pderocco on Today at 12:59:04 AMAhah! All we road lovers have to do is get the counties to build nice new roads alongside the freeways. How about next to CA-91 through Santa Ana Canyon to start with? Caltrans can pound sand.

Actually, there are good arguments to do so. The situation on I-10 E of Beaumont is a prime example: Having the county road provides a relief route for emergencies if the freeway needs to be shut down. I think similar arguments can be made for Santa Ana Canyon (if there is an accident in the canyon closing the 91), or for the Ridge Route area (which the Old Road provides). But as it isn't the primary routing, it likely doesn't undergo the same VMT scrutiny as adding a lane to an existing freeway (which would be used more heavily) would.
It finally works!

But I have to go through every thread I'm watching and change it to "receive emails and alerts."
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Kentucky
Last post by seicer - Today at 10:07:22 AM
Southeast / Re: North Carolina
Last post by LM117 - Today at 09:50:29 AM
Quote from: fillup420 on April 30, 2024, 10:44:09 AM
Quote from: bob7374 on April 29, 2024, 12:14:54 PMNCDOT has announced the awarding of a contract to upgrade the pavement and signage along I-85 in Durham County from the Orange County Line to US 15-501. A view of the sign plans show no changes from the current signage, including the pull through northbound at the Durham Freeway that only includes I-85, not US 70 and that was placed before the latter was officially rerouted on I-85 from Cole Mill Road when the Freeway was extended to I-85 in 1998:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2024/2024-04-29-improvements-85-durham-county.aspx

The sign plans are available at the NCDOT project site.

I would much prefer the addition of a third lane each side through Orange county from the Durham county line to I-40.......

Agreed. It's badly needed.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Maryland
Last post by kernals12 - Today at 09:49:42 AM
Quote from: NJRoadfan on March 02, 2023, 11:08:57 PMI love how the staff absolutely rakes every single interior control lever (including the gear shifter) as hard as possible in their "testing". Knowing the build quality of some of these 80s cars, I'm surprised nothing came flying off after doing all that.

Remember, the cars that manufacturers give to the press are often very different from the ones that you buy in the showroom. That's how Car and Driver got tricked into naming the Chevrolet frickin Citation one of their top 10s. It's also why Consumer Reports actually buys all the cars it tests.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 09:35:57 AM
Quote from: hotdogPi on Today at 09:01:05 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 02, 2024, 09:33:13 PMThe enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?

Honest question. Is there a reason that you can't just switch videos once you are hearing something you didn't select? I don't view it a lot different than changing the radio station if a song comes on that I don't like.

It takes several seconds for me to get to a specific window since I have a bunch open.

In addition, there's also the possibility that the new video is much louder than the previous one.

The volume thing I get. But, several seconds of unintentional listening just doesn't bother me that much I guess. Often because of auto play, I've found other music/topics that I really like that I wouldn't have without it.
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 09:08:18 AM
I mean, I like autoplay. I usually use Youtube as my background music at work and its just easy.
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 09:01:05 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 02, 2024, 09:33:13 PMThe enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?

Honest question. Is there a reason that you can't just switch videos once you are hearing something you didn't select? I don't view it a lot different than changing the radio station if a song comes on that I don't like.

It takes several seconds for me to get to a specific window since I have a bunch open.

In addition, there's also the possibility that the new video is much louder than the previous one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.