News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

When was the State Route 99 and State Route 198 interchange reconfigured?

Started by ACSCmapcollector, August 03, 2015, 10:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

I have two Tulare County maps from ACSC, the Automobile Club of Southern California from 1974 and 1977, showing the old configuration and new configuration the interchange of California state route 99 and 198.  I wonder what year this reconfiguration took place?  And I know that the reconfiguration wasn't recontructed in 1972, but in 1977 or 1978, when I moved from Newhall, CA to Visalia, CA (Via Oak Ranch subdivision).  Any comments to when this happened?

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA

andy3175

This is a good SDMichael question for the next time he pops on here.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

DTComposer

sdmichael

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 03, 2015, 10:21:58 PM
I have two Tulare County maps from ACSC, the Automobile Club of Southern California from 1974 and 1977, showing the old configuration and new configuration the interchange of California state route 99 and 198.  I wonder what year this reconfiguration took place?  And I know that the reconfiguration wasn't recontructed in 1972, but in 1977 or 1978, when I moved from Newhall, CA to Visalia, CA (Via Oak Ranch subdivision).  Any comments to when this happened?

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA

Yes, my records also confirm a 1977 date for the reconfiguration. The old UP/OH setup is still in use with the bridge rail on the OH only somewhat recently replaced.

ACSCmapcollector

I think that the Southern Pacific Railroad tracks were rebuilt because of that interchange.

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.