One of the best freeways is Interstate 5 in Orange County.

Started by ACSCmapcollector, September 17, 2016, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

This video could prove that Interstate 5 through Orange County from California state route 91, Riverside/Artesia Freeways to the El Toro "Y" where the Santa Ana Freeway merges with the southbonund lanes of the Interstate 405, San Diego Freeway, passing very close to the Disneyland Resort, which is my favorite theme park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7sisr3WVLs

Any comments about this video?

kphoger

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on September 17, 2016, 03:06:00 PM
This video could prove that Interstate 5 through Orange County from California state route 91, Riverside/Artesia Freeways to the El Toro "Y" where the Santa Ana Freeway merges with the southbonund lanes of the Interstate 405, San Diego Freeway, passing very close to the Disneyland Resort, which is my favorite theme park.

[youtube

I'm still trying to decide if that's a short run-on sentence or a long sentence fragment.

This video could prove that Interstate 5......ummm....is or does something?

I'm also still trying to guess how many threads you're going to start based on one controversial topic that doesn't seem to be going the way you want.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

myosh_tino

What?

If you remove all the extraneous "babble" like I did above you end up with this...
"This video could prove Interstate 5 from 91 to 405 passing very close to Disneyland, which is my favorite theme park."
...which does not make any sense whatsoever.

Quote from: kphoger on September 17, 2016, 03:17:17 PM
I'm also still trying to guess how many threads you're going to start based on one controversial topic that doesn't seem to be going the way you want.
I'll set the over/under at 10.  Any takers? :)
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

ACSCmapcollector

[youtube

I'm still trying to decide if that's a short run-on sentence or a long sentence fragment.

One of the earlier post that I did yesterday had this comment today on the poorest roads and highways in the state of California, being 3rd in the nation behind District of Columbia:

The 5 Fwy in Orange County is one of the nicest stretches of freeways I've ever driven on. Other Orange County freeways are very nice as well.

I've driven from the Oregon Border down to San Diego several times. No particular place stands out to me as being of poor quality, except the LA County freeways (though I know work is being done to expand and refinish the 5 in LA County).

That said, there are thousands of miles of roadway that I have never driven in California, so it would be foolish of me to say that California doesn't have shit roads; I simply haven't driven enough of the highways to be certain, one way or the other.

I agree though too to that stretch of Interstate 5, the Santa Ana Freeway.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on September 17, 2016, 03:23:53 PM

[youtube

One of the earlier post that I did yesterday had this comment today on the poorest roads and highways in the state of California, being 3rd in the nation behind District of Columbia:

The 5 Fwy in Orange County is one of the nicest stretches of freeways I've ever driven on. Other Orange County freeways are very nice as well.

I've driven from the Oregon Border down to San Diego several times. No particular place stands out to me as being of poor quality, except the LA County freeways (though I know work is being done to expand and refinish the 5 in LA County).

That said, there are thousands of miles of roadway that I have never driven in California, so it would be foolish of me to say that California doesn't have shit roads; I simply haven't driven enough of the highways to be certain, one way or the other.

I agree though too to that stretch of Interstate 5, the Santa Ana Freeway.

The only bad freeway that tops out on my list from having the worst condition for congestion in Orange and Riverside County is the California state route 91 (Old U.S. 101 and State route 18) Riverside Freeway, especially around Corona, CA.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on September 17, 2016, 03:23:28 PM

What?

If you remove all the extraneous "babble" like I did above you end up with this...
"This video could prove Interstate 5 from 91 to 405 passing very close to Disneyland, which is my favorite theme park."

Well I have changed the subject now to the congestion on California state route 91, the Riverside Freeway as of now. Through Orange and Riverside Counties, for real.

myosh_tino

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on September 17, 2016, 03:28:30 PM

What?

Well I have changed the subject now to the congestion on California state route 91, the Riverside Freeway as of now. Through Orange and Riverside Counties, for real.

Huh?  :confused:

That doesn't excuse the fact that the sentence before the YouTube video still doesn't make any sense.
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

myosh_tino

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on September 17, 2016, 03:31:50 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on September 17, 2016, 03:28:30 PM

What?

Huh?  :confused:

That doesn't excuse the fact that the sentence before the YouTube video still doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which section of freeway is one of the best or one of the worst, Myosh_tino, all it takes is a Google search on the Internet.

kphoger

OK, let's make this simple.  Your initial post says this:

"This video could prove that Interstate 5."

That's it.  Everything else merely qualifies the section of Interstate 5 you're talking about.

Your video cannot prove what you say it does, because you don't actually say it proves anything.   :banghead:
Male pronouns, please.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: kphoger on September 17, 2016, 03:34:42 PM
OK, let's make this simple.  Your initial post says this:

"This video could prove that Interstate 5."

That's it.  Everything else merely qualifies the section of Interstate 5 you're talking about.

Your video cannot prove what you say it does, because you don't actually say it proves anything.   :banghead:

And this is not my video, I don't own it, someone else recorded it kphoger on Youtube.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

ACSCmapcollector

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

myosh_tino

I only have one last thing to add...

I'm also putting in a formal request to lock this thread because it doesn't accomplish anything nor is it asking a legit question!

roadfro

Quote from: myosh_tino on September 17, 2016, 04:02:29 PM
I'm also putting in a formal request to lock this thread because it doesn't accomplish anything nor is it asking a legit question!

I don't see this going anywhere, so your request granted.

Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.