San Luis Obispo County Measure J-16 & CA 46 Expressway

Started by ACSCmapcollector, October 08, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

This is to the editor of The Tribune of SLO, Bay News and New Times newspapers:

To the people of San Luis Obispo County, there are no longer any funds to repair and repave our roads and highways. What it will not do is be able to fund a diamond interchange on U.S. 101 freeway at Prado Road, for a commercial development that looks like it is not going to take place for real. And also it will not provide funds for California state route 46 east at the junction of California state route 41 north either.  Such widening of California state route 46, used to come from 10 years ago from the passage of Proposition 1A. Fresno and Tulare Counties have a self help plan, while Kern County doesn't. I do support Measure J-16 as it always is for a plan to fix our roads and highways within our county. This is also in regards to the 60th anniversary of the Interstate Highway system created by the late Dwight Eisenhower. Even the Automobile Club of Southern California is backing the support of passage of Measure J-16.  Please vote yes on this measure, it benefits us and us only!

Max Rockatansky

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 08, 2016, 08:18:50 PM
Since there isn't a lot of context on what J-16 is, found this for everyone.  :-D

http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Assets/CR/Elections/November+8$!2c+2016+Presidential+General+Election/J-16+Public+Notice.pdf

Not unless I have the ballot at my desk in which I am going to vote on, Max, which is printed now, and handed out via "snail mail" to San Luis Obispo County residents.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 08, 2016, 08:21:56 PM
Since there isn't a lot of context on what J-16 is, found this for everyone.  :-D

http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Assets/CR/Elections/November+8$!2c+2016+Presidential+General+Election/J-16+Public+Notice.pdf

Not unless I have the ballot at my desk in which I am going to vote on, Max, which is printed now, and handed out via "snail mail" to San Luis Obispo County residents.

Okay....then vote for it then?   Wouldn't a letter to the editor of a newspaper be better served...maybe going to the newspaper and telling us about the proposal instead and why you favor it for infrastructure development?  It seems like a nominal tax increase from what I read.  I'm just not sure what you are trying to accomplish posting it here with no context on J-16 itself?   :confused:

Edit:  Good god my grammar went to $%@ tonight.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 08, 2016, 08:33:47 PM

Okay....then vote for it then?   Wouldn't a letter to the editor of a newspaper be better served...maybe going to the newspaper and telling us about the proposal instead and why you favor it for infrastructure development?  It seems like a nominal tax increase from what I read.  I'm just not sure what you are trying to accomplish posting it here with no context on J-16 itself?   :confused:

Not unless you are a Automobile Club of Southern California member, but this is locally.  I can't trash how my letters will be published.  Max.  It is opinion only.  I don't need to comment any longer.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 08, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 08, 2016, 08:33:47 PM

The ballot is not on .pdf file either for Adobe Acrobat to share it with you, Max on the personal computer.  It would take most of my time away just to copy that ballot, so here you go: http://yesonj-slo.org/

Not unless you are a Automobile Club of Southern California member, but this is locally.  I can't trash how my letters will be published.  Max.  It is opinion only.  I don't need to comment any longer.

http://yesonj-slo.org/

Max Rockatansky

Will your letter be published?  Have your letters been published?  What are you actually trying to say?  I don't recall saying anything about not mailing your newspaper?  :eyebrow:  I'm not even sure what you were looking for when you opened this topic up?  Was it a discussion on J-16?...I think?  If so, then it might have been helpful to include the proposal for J-16 in with the thread to start with.  Like I said, once I looked it I didn't see anything that have me saying "no" to it.  Why start a thread and then say you won't comment on it?

Just saw your latest post, that would have been useful from the start...although it's weighted towards yes without really giving any meat to the proposed tax increases.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 08, 2016, 09:04:55 PM
Will your letter be published?  Have your letters been published?  What are you actually trying to say?  I don't recall saying anything about not mailing your newspaper?  :eyebrow:  I'm not even sure what you were looking for when you opened this topic up?  Was it a discussion on J-16?...I think?  If so, then it might have been helpful to include the proposal for J-16 in with the thread to start with.  Like I said, once I looked it I didn't see anything that have me saying "no" to it.  Why start a thread and then say you won't comment on it?

Just saw your latest post, that would have been useful from the start...although it's weighted towards yes without really giving any meat to the proposed tax increases.

Ok you just didn't click the link below that what I am assuming.  I may have to put you on ignore for now, because it would be a waste of my time to continue like this, please.  I did and here it is, go read it for yourself: http://yesonj-slo.org/  :poke: 

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 08, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

Ok you just didn't click the link below that what I am assuming.  I may have to put you on ignore for now, because it would be a waste of my time to continue like this, please.  I did and here it is: http://yesonj-slo.org/  :poke:

Actually I did read it and referenced it in my last post.  Like I said, it just references the "pros" for the arguments in regards to J-16.  I'm starting to think YOU didn't read my first reply which included the entire J-16 proposal.  I'm not sure what you're getting so offended at here.  I'm just trying to have a conversation with you that involves the proposal your referencing.  I've asked for your commentary on why you think it's a good idea....or at least why you said what you said in your newspaper letter. 

As it stands right now you're the one wasting everyone's time by not giving any context for your arguments and opinions.  You could have just started with your link, your thoughts, possibly your newspaper commentary, and it probably would have cultivated a much less confused response.  No offense, but this is typically how your threads end up going if you haven't noticed.

So with that in mind if you feel like Sunnydale Syndrome is the way to go, by all means put me on your ignore list.  I know that I'm not the only who has given you similar feed back when you've shotgunned out a thread like this with no substance.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 08, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

Ok you just didn't click the link below that what I am assuming.  I may have to put you on ignore for now, because it would be a waste of my time to continue like this, please.  I did and here it is, go read it for yourself: http://yesonj-slo.org/  :poke: 

I have posted about there is no more money for California state route 46 east, and the ridicious proposal for a diamond interchange for Prado Road, for a commercial development that didn't come to past for 10 years. U.S. 101 needs to be improved in the southern part of San Luis County at Shell Beach, and Arroyo Grande and Caltrans just shut down a interchange further southeastward on the freeway.  Max here it is finally on my opinion what needs to be fixed, see this for yourself now I got it.  I just hope that i made my point clear without Mayhem getting in the way, LOL. (from Allstate Insurance).  This is my comments, because I am from San Luis Obispo County.  I think the roads and highways over here are in very poor condition.

myosh_tino

So does Measure J fund specific projects or is it a general sales tax increase?  I believe Santa Clara county was the first to tax itself in 1984 to fund transportation projects.  By the way, why are you calling it "J-16"?  As far as I can tell, it's Measure J.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: myosh_tino on October 08, 2016, 11:35:21 PM
So does Measure J fund specific projects or is it a general sales tax increase?  I believe Santa Clara county was the first to tax itself in 1984 to fund transportation projects.  By the way, why are you calling it "J-16"?  As far as I can tell, it's Measure J.

It's really J-16, the PDF I posted in the first reply has all the specifics.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 09, 2016, 07:32:41 AM

Now someone can believe me for real what I am talking about.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 09, 2016, 03:56:23 PM

Just for the record, I never "didn't" believe you. I just wanted to know more about the measure hence why I looked up the public records on it.  I actually agree with you, it seems like a pretty nominal tax hike to get some infrastructure funding for SLO County.  Really the only question I have is that going to be sufficient or is another hike going to be looked at down the line?  Better to start with something like this and revisit it as needed I say.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 09, 2016, 04:58:02 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 09, 2016, 03:56:23 PM

Just for the record, I never "didn't" believe you. I just wanted to know more about the measure hence why I looked up the public records on it.  I actually agree with you, it seems like a pretty nominal tax hike to get some infrastructure funding for SLO County.  Really the only question I have is that going to be sufficient or is another hike going to be looked at down the line?  Better to start with something like this and revisit it as needed I say.

Tulare County voted for it for three times, and finally is passed there in November, 2006.  For other counties Santa Barbara, Los Angeles And Orange Counties, etc. did pass theirs too during the last 20-25 years.

Unless. Max bonds replaces nominal tax increases, maybe bonds would be better for my county alone.

coatimundi

Max didn't know about it because he can't vote for or against it. Neither can I. We don't live in SLO County.
Monterey County has a similar one this cycle:
http://www.montereycountyelections.us/a_measures_NOVEMBER_2016_EN_MX.html

All of our other measures seem to be about municipalities taxing dispensaries, the typical school bonds, and the very controversial anti-fracking measure.

These local measures are just called by their letter. The "16" is for the year. If they didn't reuse letters, then they'd have to go all Excel on it and we'd have "Measure ABRC" or something by now. But, if you insist:

Yes on J-16 signage!

ACSCmapcollector

The question remains, Would Measure J-16 for San Luis Obispo County provide funds to widen CA 46 E?
I doubt so, because it doesn't mention anything about what has to be done to convert the rest to expressway for California state route 46 far east of Paso Robles, CA.

Max Rockatansky

There something wrong with the previous thread on J-16?   We sorted all the information on the previous thread, so why another?   

Max Rockatansky

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 11, 2016, 07:38:15 PM
There something wrong with the previous thread on J-16?   We sorted all the information on the previous thread, so why another?   

In my original letter I did not say that one cent would go for CA 46 E widening projects, did I Max, no I didn't.  It isn't in the ballot with a lengthy project.

ACSCmapcollector

I have made a mistake in reporting that California state route 46 east, from where the late actor James Dean died at in 1955 at the town of Chalome, California to the San Luis Obispo/Kern County line will not be widened.  According to my J-16 ballot that I will be voting on, it will widen California 46 east at Chalome all the way to county border as expressway.  This is a $225 million 1/2 % .50 cent addition to the 8 % I pay for my errands.  So I want to correct a misunderstanding that I had, because I was confused.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 11, 2016, 07:38:15 PM

I made a move to change back the subject to Measure J-16 for San Luis Obispo County, Max.  Not for widening California state route 46 east, I cover that in a separate subject under Propostion 1A bonds.

ACSCmapcollector

Correction on my subject CA 46 East widening at Chalome to San Luis Obispo line.
Not a reference point to make a comment about this, but for the newspapers.  I am trying to avoid unneccassary comments that would turn negative, this is a correction only, please.   Keep it cool, now.

This is the right letter to be published in your newspapers, I am submitting a correction here.

I am in support of San Luis Obispo County's Measure J-16, because it will be able to widen California state route 46 from Chalome where the late actor James Dean died in 1955 (when it was numbered U.S. 466) to the San Luis Obispo/Kern County border. Most of California's roads and highways have been crumbling, along with the rest of the country under our 60 year old Interstate Highway system too, even to mention other U.S. and state highways as well as county routes too.  I recommend  a yes vote on Measure J-16, along with the support from the Automobile Club of Southern California too.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: NE2 on October 13, 2016, 06:22:20 PM
You are dumb.

No I am not dumb, NE.  Don't give me that kind of nonsense, ok.  I corrected myself, and I am pleased to do it, it you have nothing to say, then don't say it, or you will get into trouble.  This e-mail letter is going to my Facebook group page, which you don't have access to it called "California Highways and Freeways, and beyond."  You sound idiot-ic very much so.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.