News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What do you consider "clinched"?

Started by CrossCountryRoads, December 17, 2015, 06:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intelati49

Quote from: JMoses24 on May 31, 2017, 11:48:44 PM
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 26, 2017, 11:42:29 AM
I feel the same way, minus the age 7 part. As long as I can remember being on all of it (even in parts), it counts for me. It does not have to be both ways (even though there are a couple roads that count as clinched for me in that sense), though it does need to be consistent in direction. (E.G. I would not consider taking I-70 westbound from Baltimore to Topeka and eastbound from I-15 to Topeka as being clinched.)

We differ on the last part. I consider routes clinched by taking the full route with no distinction made as to what direction it has been done in. My I-71 example comes to mind. I've done both sides of 71 from Louisville to as far as Mansfield...but only southbound north of that point. I still consider it clinched because I have been ON 71 from Cleveland to Louisville.

US71 ["I-49 MO clinched"] for me is kind of like that... I have never taken it from Bella Vista to KC, but I have driven every mile of pavement NB/SB in several trips. NB to Joplin (MO249), SB to Bella Vista (US71), SB to Neosho (MO59) NB to KC (MO59), then EB/WB to and from Springfield/Carthage

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.