News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"My Daddy Works Here" signage

Started by agentsteel53, April 13, 2010, 10:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

I'm in the minority here, but I like the "My Daddy.." signs.  It's something different that catches your eye.  I like the idea that thw writing is different as it is supposed to look like it is written bya kid.
Of course if they do this for other signs it would burn out REAL quick.

In CT, there are a couple diamond warning signs with ET wearing a seat belt and the sign says "Buckle Up"    It catches your attention but can cause burn-out if it is done too much.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

xonhulu

I have no problem with the intention of the signs; driving through construction zones should be done with greater caution.  But I don't like the childishness of the appeal to sentiment for children, and I hate, Hate, HATE the kiddie font wherever it appears!  Unfortunately, I'm a teacher, and I have a grit my teeth seeing it way too often!

agentsteel53

Quote from: xonhulu on April 18, 2010, 03:39:40 PM
Unfortunately, I'm a teacher, and I have a grit my teeth seeing it way too often!

teach the kids to write neater!  I sure could write neater when I was four!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

joseph1723

I don't mind them putting up signs to tell drivers to slow down but it's the kiddie font that I don't like. I think that the FHWA font or even Clearview or Helvetica to a extent makes the message seem more serious than that kiddie font. I haven't seen anything like this in Ontario before though, we only use a sign that looks like this:

Scott5114

You want to be serious? There's a font for that...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Duke87

Quote from: doofy103 on April 18, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
In CT, there are a couple diamond warning signs with ET wearing a seat belt and the sign says "Buckle Up"

Yeah, there's a story there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

xonhulu

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 18, 2010, 04:04:23 PM
teach the kids to write neater!  I sure could write neater when I was four!

I'd be happy to try, but I teach high school math...

florida

Quote from: doofy103 on April 18, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
I'm in the minority here, but I like the "My Daddy.." signs.  It's something different that catches your eye. 

If it catches your eye, then you're not paying well enough attention at all the Mommies and Daddies working. ;)
So many roads...so little time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.