News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

90-day closure of two I-405 freeway ramps "Rampture" set to begin June 22

Started by Bigmikelakers, May 12, 2012, 03:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmikelakers

http://thesource.metro.net/2012/05/11/90-day-closure-of-two-i-405-freeway-ramps-i-e-rampture-set-to-begin-june-22/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=90-day-closure-of-two-i-405-freeway-ramps-i-e-rampture-set-to-begin-june-22

This is a long needed improvement to the Wilshire interchange. Having the entering traffic merging on way and the exiting traffic merging the other in that short of space is plain silly. I think the only other interchange like that on the 405 is the Lakewood Bl exit. But, that has less traffic than Wilshire obviously.

kurumi

Interesting. Some DOTs would have punted on the cloverleaf idea, removed some ramps, and installed more traffic lights.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

CentralCAroadgeek

That sure is one strange exit. Really compressed cloverleaf ramps. The rendering looks beautiful. We've never really drove 405, but I'd like to actually see this someday. When will this be completed?

J N Winkler

"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

TheStranger

Quote from: kurumi on May 12, 2012, 12:21:27 PM
Interesting. Some DOTs would have punted on the cloverleaf idea, removed some ramps, and installed more traffic lights.

I think the existing intersection/lights at Sepulveda factored into why the cloverleaf was retained...
Chris Sampang

OCGuy81

Those are some really sharp looking curves on some of those!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.