News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"Clinched" on a new level

Started by mp_quadrillion, August 18, 2012, 08:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: mp_quadrillion on August 18, 2012, 08:53:05 AM
But how many of you have exited at every exit?
I was thinking of this very subject myself recently.  I travel 40 miles to work every day, with 37 of those miles being on I-295 in NJ.  I pass by 16 interchanges between my home and work interchanges, along with a rest area.  In my 14 years of employment with the company, I believe there is exactly 1 interchange I have never used.  There are numerous additional ramps I've never driven at the interchanges I have used.

I've always wanted to do this - use every exit ramp (and thus the entrance ramps) - if nothing more than just to see what was off the exit.  But between not taking the time to do it, plus driving in a carpool where the other members just want to get home - I've never done this yet.

Very cool idea though.  Time consuming...but one gets to see a lot of stuff they never knew existed off some of these exits!

mp_quadrillion

Quote from: agentsteel53 on August 22, 2012, 11:06:50 AM
I've definitely taken every exit, and probably every ramp, of CA-52, but that isn't exactly impressive, as it is a 15 mile long suburban connector.

Exit-and-feature list:

Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Enormous hill
Street
Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Street
Freeway

So which way am I going on the 52?

Good old San Diego.. go to work on one freeway, go home on another.
Roadgeek-for-life since 1992.

Scott5114

Quote from: jeffandnicole on August 22, 2012, 11:16:09 AM
I've always wanted to do this - use every exit ramp (and thus the entrance ramps) - if nothing more than just to see what was off the exit.  But between not taking the time to do it, plus driving in a carpool where the other members just want to get home - I've never done this yet.

Scope out whether there is a gas station at the interchange you have not used. And the next time you drive, happen to need gas.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

Quote from: mp_quadrillion on August 23, 2012, 12:12:23 AM

Exit-and-feature list:

Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Enormous hill
Street
Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Freeway
Street
Street
Freeway

So which way am I going on the 52?

Good old San Diego.. go to work on one freeway, go home on another.

there's more to it than that, especially when you consider the asymmetry on the east end.  for example, there is an offramp eastbound for Magnolia Ave, and an onramp westbound, but no offramp westbound or onramp eastbound.

btw, you're going west.  as I do every weekday morning.  :sombrero: 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

mp_quadrillion

Quote from: agentsteel53 on August 23, 2012, 12:41:59 PM

there's more to it than that, especially when you consider the asymmetry on the east end.  for example, there is an offramp eastbound for Magnolia Ave, and an onramp westbound, but no offramp westbound or onramp eastbound.

btw, you're going west.  as I do every weekday morning.  :sombrero:

Ay, true enough! It just got me thinking of how it seems like every other exit is a freeway on the 52. Used live jno the Genesee exit and I sure do miss it. As freeways go, that one wasn't a bad neighbor.
Roadgeek-for-life since 1992.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Eth

I have exited at the lone interchange on I-270 Spur in Maryland (Democracy Blvd).  I think I've also used every exit on nearby I-370.  Pretty sure that's it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.