News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

15% of Maine bridges "Structurally Deficient"

Started by KEVIN_224, April 25, 2014, 04:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEVIN_224

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/04/25/bridges-maine-usa-today/8139133/

The photo in the article mentions the 10 worst bridges in the state. I can't understand one of the bridges mentioned for Cumberland County. It mentions being over the Piscataqua River. Strange, since that river is the Maine/New Hampshire border when crossing on I-95, US Route 1 or US Route 1 Bypass from Portsmouth, NH to Kittery, ME (York County).

yakra

There's another Piscataqua River that the Turnpike crosses in IIRC Cumberland (the town) or Gray
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

KEVIN_224

Ah! OK. Thank you for that! I've only been north of Portland maybe three times...despite living in York County twice in my past! (Wells and Old Orchard Beach)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.