News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Damaged Signs

Started by Ian, July 23, 2009, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Not sure how this could have happened: the one way sign and one of the street name signs are noticeably bent, but the rest of the pole is fine. A snowblower mishap, perhaps?

Bent street signs, Québec City - 1 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

Bent street signs, Québec City - 2 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kphoger

That pole is very close to the corner:  I'm guessing the bent signs are a mere 30 cm or so from the street.  Furthermore, the sign that isn't bent is the highest of the three.  If I were a betting man, my money would be on a truck having hit it.  However, the only direction traffic comes from at that location is eastbound on Saint-Joseph, which is to say the damage appears to have been done in a direction that no traffic goes.  Maybe a pharmaceutical truck was backing up to park in the 30-minute zone and make a delivery?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2022, 01:07:10 PM
That pole is very close to the corner:  I'm guessing the bent signs are a mere 30 cm or so from the street.  Furthermore, the sign that isn't bent is the highest of the three.  If I were a betting man, my money would be on a truck having hit it.  However, the only direction traffic comes from at that location is eastbound on Saint-Joseph, which is to say the damage appears to have been done in a direction that no traffic goes.  Maybe a pharmaceutical truck was backing up to park in the 30-minute zone and make a delivery?

I'll be honest with you, Saint-Dominique being one way from Saint-Joseph is a suggestion. I've seen ten times as many wrong way drivers on Saint-Dominique as on any other street combined. As for why the signs are bent, who knows. As I said, people drive like shit here, so I wouldn't be surprised if a delivery truck for whatever is in the building decided to back up in them for some reason.
—Mr. Thwomp

LilianaUwU

One I saw today: a badly peeled QC 175 shield in Lévis.

Rue de la Concorde at QC 132/QC 175 - 1 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
—Mr. Thwomp

74/171FAN

On MD 32 SB approaching I-97 (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219659456757465&set=a.10219659690883318) (though I am sure plenty like seeing it missing  :sombrero:)

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Mergingtraffic

A damaged sign, showing the ghost of I-895's past. I-95 North in New York City

and the sign on the right was damaged years ago.  The bottom half was torn off and replaced with non-button copy.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

bandit957

The I-95 and 278 shields look absolutely ancient.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

LilianaUwU

So, a year or so ago, I saw this assembly on a side road in Sorel-Tracy:

Old assemblies in Sorel - 8 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

It was already all bent up from people clipping the corner. But I went back to that intersection today...

Old assemblies in Sorel - 10 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

...and it was in an even worse shape. There was caution tape with the MTQ logo on one of the poles, so it's safe to say that these oldies will be gone once the snow melts.
—Mr. Thwomp

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.