News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The Fix on I-196

Started by rawmustard, January 13, 2010, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawmustard

MDOT today posted a visualization of the I-196 reconstruction project in Grand Rapids. The project will result in the rebuilding of the freeway from the Grand River bridge east to Fuller Avenue, with the accompanying bridge rebuildings (College being done last year) and aesthetic improvements. MDOT also has a website and a Twitter feed to post updates on this project.

A few of us got together for a public open house for this before the stimulus law allowed for the funding for a third through travel lane. We noted then what a great improvement this will be.

leifvanderwall

I hope the MDOT is thinking about the same thing about the segment of I-196 from I-94 to exit 7. The road badly needs to be repaved.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.