News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Turkey Hill Road Meet (Thanksgiving 2023)

Started by dgolub, April 01, 2023, 08:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

East Coast Roads is pleased to announce the 2023 Turkey Hill Road Meet, which will take place on Thanksgiving Day. We will celebrate the holiday by making a pilgrimage to Dutchess County in order to clinch Turkey Hill Road (Dutchess CR 56). While we are in the area, we'll cover other notable road features such as the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge (NY 199) and the new roundabout on Colonel Chandler Drive (I-587/NY 28). Let's celebrate the holiday roadgeek style!

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alps

you know, this is one of those April Fools Day posts that I'm gonna hold you to and we're gonna actually have to do this :D

dgolub

Quote from: Alps on April 01, 2023, 03:28:27 PM
you know, this is one of those April Fools Day posts that I'm gonna hold you to and we're gonna actually have to do this :D

One catch: I'm guessing that no one will be available on Thanksgiving Day.  We might have to move it to Black Friday instead.  After all, clinching county routes in rural areas is way more fun than dealing with crowded stores on the busiest day of the year.

jpi

For a moment I thought this would be held in Lancaster County and I could actually attend this since I am always in central PA around Thanksgiving
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

froggie

Why does the word tuxedo suddenly come to mind?

Mr. Matté

Quote from: froggie on April 02, 2023, 08:08:14 PM

Why does the word tuxedo suddenly come to mind?

It shouldn't, that's Orange County.

froggie

^ Doesn't matter where it is.  As I recall, THAT meet first started as a joke but actually happened.

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on April 02, 2023, 11:07:37 PM
^ Doesn't matter where it is.  As I recall, THAT meet first started as a joke but actually happened.

I had the same thought and reaction.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on April 01, 2023, 04:25:51 PM

One catch: I'm guessing that no one will be available on Thanksgiving Day.  We might have to move it to Black Friday instead.  After all, clinching county routes in rural areas is way more fun than dealing with crowded stores on the busiest day of the year.
I would be available. I don't get to my parents til about 3-4.

signalman

Quote from: Alps on April 03, 2023, 08:03:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If this was held in the morning it would be doable for locals who are eating local, or perhaps someone visiting the area to have dinner locally.

dgolub

Quote from: signalman on April 04, 2023, 03:14:26 AM

I was thinking the same thing. If this was held in the morning it would be doable for locals who are eating local, or perhaps someone visiting the area to have dinner locally.

I'm probably not, but we could make it Black Friday or some other day that weekend.

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on April 08, 2023, 07:44:12 AM

I'm probably not, but we could make it Black Friday or some other day that weekend.
Oh please no. Must be Thursday.

hbelkins

Quote from: Alps on April 09, 2023, 04:29:57 PM
Quote from: dgolub on April 08, 2023, 07:44:12 AM

Oh please no. Must be Thursday.

Do it Friday and call it "Leftover Turkey Hill."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.