News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

CA 96

Started by Max Rockatansky, February 06, 2023, 07:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Apparently we don't have a dedicated CA 96 thread.  Put something together for CA 96 and the last two covered bridges in the state highway system:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2023/01/the-last-covered-bridges-of-california.html?m=1

Quillz

Another great route to drive on.

One thing I find interesting about CA-96 is it's the only state route with a gap that has seen a renumbering, as a tacit admission the gap will never be addressed. It was supposed to begin in Klamath and end in Hornbrook, but the short western segment was eventually renumbered as CA-169. And yet none of the other routes with gaps that realistically will never be addressed (CA-178, CA-190, etc.) have never seen one half renumbered. Makes me wonder why this happened, when CA-169 just inherited the gap instead.

pderocco

^^^

I think they renumbered it because they wanted to 96 to connect to a significant through route. I don't see any analogous thing one could do with routes 190 or 168 on either side of the mountains.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.