News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road

Started by Max Rockatansky, September 10, 2023, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road is an approximately 21-mile highway located in southeast Kern County.  Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road begins at Tehachapi Boulevard (former US Route 466) in Tehachapi and crosses the Tehachapi Mountains via the 4,820-foot-high Oak Creek Pass.  Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road enters Antelope Valley of the wider Mojave Desert and passes by the historic stage station of Willow Springs to a southern terminus at Rosamond Boulevard.  Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road has historic ties to the Havilah-Los Angeles Road and Stockton-Los Angeles Road due to the once reliable presence of water at Willow Springs.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2023/09/tehachapi-willow-springs-road.html

Plutonic Panda

Thanks for posting. I'll probably clench it tonight. Had a very interesting experience last night in Big Tujunga so I turned around but I'm going back again through the mountains and I'll loop it around this road.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.